U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:41 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,258,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Hi Ashville Native,
I believe the original link in this thread shows that some animals, when fed GMO foods that by the third generation they were sterile. This is not due to eating sterile foods but due to eating foods that were genetically modified.
I don't recall hearing that, got any sources?

Quote:
Have you ever noticed when humans toy around with what God did it ends in disaster?

Did you know they have put spider genes into some goats so that the goats will produce spider web material in their milk?
I don't know about you but I don't think God intended mankind to eat Frankenfoods. About 75% of the foods you buy in the supermarket contain genetically altered material in them.
I prefer the saying "It's not nice to mess with Mother Nature". But yes, at times that has created some shall we say 'mis-steps'. But it has also created some great successes. My wife has had stem cells, harvested from her hip, processed and injected into her knee to regrow cartridge. Much less traumatic, limiting and costly than total knee replacement.

I saw that on the CBS Sunday Morning also. But did you see that it may develop into something that could be used to replace tendons in the human body.

But lets not hold god up as an example of a great designer. There are some really really poor designs. The cute little fuzzy bunny rabbits for example. It seems that the grand designer, god, installed the GI tract in the wrong sequence. Did you know that if a rabbit ate only food provided 24 hours a day that it would starve to death? There are processes that anything eaten by any animal must go through before the nutrients can be absorbed and used by the body. In the poor little bunny, that happens at the very last step before being expelled from the body.

Thusly the poor little bunny has to eat its own poopoo to live. Then it can be absorbed by the body. Great design
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,444,857 times
Do I have any sources? yea, go to the link I provided at the beginning of this thread.

Who says God made a mistake in creating the Bunny? By the way, I've never seen a bunny eat its own poo poo. We used to raise them when I was a kid.

At this link you can see just how wise our God created the rabbit's digestive system:
Exploring a Rabbit's Unique Digestive System - For Dummies

He's no bozo as you improperly make Him out to be. I'd love to see you create an atom.

Last edited by Eusebius; 01-16-2011 at 05:44 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 05:16 PM

Cyber Munchkin, I wrote our state representive about genetically modified food and was told that the governing body (house and senate) have all sorts of rules the gmo manufacturers have to follow. After reading the latest article I posted here I sent the link to the rep but have heard nothing back. I said it doesn't look like the rules are working very well.

May God save us from Satan's plan to kill as many as he can. He is a liar and murderer from the beginning.

Last edited by Eusebius; 01-16-2011 at 05:44 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 05:23 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,586,752 times
Ashville native is FBI... lol

Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,258,763 times
Quote:
Who says God made a mistake in creating the Bunny? By the way, I've never seen a bunny eat its own poo poo. We used to raise them when I was a kid.
Hate to break this to ya, but rabbits eat their own poo, out of necessity, great design don't ya think?
Quote:
Because breakdown is occurring so far along the digestive tract the body does not have time to absorb all of the nutrients and much is lost in the feces. Because of this rabbits make two types of fecal pellets, one that consists primarily of waste and one that is rich in unabsorbed nutrients. The second kind is softer in consistency and is usually re-ingested by the rabbit in order to utilize the unabsorbed nutrients. The eating of fecal pellets usually takes place at night and for this reason often goes unnoticed by rabbit owners. It is however vital for the animals health and normal functioning.
Rabbit anatomy: Digestive system - by Sarah Goulter - Helium

Last edited by Asheville Native; 01-16-2011 at 05:37 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 05:27 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,310,013 times
I don't really think it matters what we eat. We could eat Soylent Green for all it matters.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't really think it matters what we eat. We could eat Soylent Green for all it matters.
Go ahead and eat nothing but 10 cups of sugar a day for the next year and see if you are still around to post on these boards in a year if it doesn't matter.

Children do not try this at home.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM

YES!!! Charleston Heston!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Hate to break this to ya, but rabbits eat their own poo, out of necessity, great design don't ya think?
Rabbit anatomy: Digestive system - by Sarah Goulter - Helium

And I hate to break it to you but rabbits do not normally eat their own poo:

Rabbits: The Mystery of Poop

Old 01-16-2011, 05:49 PM

Seriously? Are we really talking about poop?

haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or