U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,904,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
:

Here is info about DNA:

What is DNA? - Genetics Home Reference

DNA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is neither is limited or new.
Our understanding of it is limited, please read what I actually say not what you think I am saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 02:08 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,301,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Our understanding of it is limited, please read what I actually say not what you think I am saying?

Here is what you said:

Originally Posted by RobinD69
Do you realize that our knowledge of DNA is very limited and rather new and constantly changing?

Understood exactly what you said and I responded accordingly.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,904,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Here is what you said:

Originally Posted by RobinD69
Do you realize that our knowledge of DNA is very limited and rather new and constantly changing?

Understood exactly what you said and I responded accordingly.
Okay did I say anything wrong? Our knowledge of DNA is limited to our understanding which is constantly changing. Is that better? We do not understand everything 100% and DNA is one of these things.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,444,857 times
How does DNA disprove all mankind came from Noah and his kid's families after the historically, scientifically and archeologically proved world-wide flood in which only eight survived?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 AM

373 posts, read 310,918 times
Gen 6:11 and Exodus 9:33 both use the Hebrew word erets which can also mean land.

ארץ
'erets
BDB Definition:
1) land, earth
1a) earth
1a1) whole earth (as opposed to a part)
1a2) earth (as opposed to heaven)
1a3) earth (inhabitants)
1b) land
1b1) country, territory
1b2) district, region
1b3) tribal territory
1b4) piece of ground
1b5) land of Canaan, Israel
1b6) inhabitants of land
1b7) Sheol, land without return, (under) world
1b8) city (-state)
1c) ground, surface of the earth
1c1) ground
1c2) soil
1d) (in phrases)
1d1) people of the land
1d2) space or distance of country (in measurements of distance)
1d3) level or plain country
1d4) land of the living
1d5) end(s) of the earth
1e) (almost wholly late in usage)
1e1) lands, countries
1e1a) often in contrast to Canaan
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from an unused root probably meaning to be firm
Same Word by TWOT Number: 167
-----------------------

YLTGen 7
20 fifteen cubits upwards have the waters become mighty, and the mountains are covered;

The water was just 15 cubits deep.
Not 7 cubits above the 'mountains'.
It just covered the 'mountains'.

Mountains can also mean the high ground in that region.
Flooding evry mountain on earth requires 3.5 more water+ice+vapour than present on earth.

Just a thought

Old 01-21-2011, 09:04 AM

373 posts, read 310,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
How does DNA disprove all mankind came from Noah and his kid's families after the historically, scientifically and archeologically proved world-wide flood in which only eight survived?
On the contrary. mDNA that passes down via the woman is quite stable. It can be used as "clock" and determine genetic difference.
The story goes that mDNA points to one mother.
The Mitochondrial Eve.

The 'clock' is little more disputed. The mDNA clock originally pointed to a hundred of thousand year old mother. Gradually that number became lower. Even into the 6000-10000 year old region.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 AM

1,550 posts, read 2,963,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
this was brought up in another thread,and since no-one answered my question id like to put it up as a new thread

i think more of the question would be HOW could they???
i mean think about it,noahs kids would have only been dedicated to the Abrahamic God Yeshua-why and how would they have gone off and started other religious cultures,lets take India for instance,India can recognise 33 million demigods,some dating back as far as 10 000 years,and thats just as far as the history of it and each one worshiping in different ways(thats not including The eternal forms and avatars of Vishnu)why would they have started all those religious cultures,?????

and the other question was to do with Race,how could 8 people of the same race start all the other races in the world,chinese,japanese,african,native american,Indian,eskimos etc etc.???

i think its an honest question,maybe there was a flood yeah,but whether it engulfed the whole world is questionable.
Doesn't Gen 6:19 says that EVERY living thing of ALL flesh you shall bring two of EVERY sort into the ark...they shall be male and female.

It doesn't exclude other peoples as we immediately assume by our mere simple understanding

Then Gen 7:2 Of EVERY CLEAN beast ...take you SEVEN PAIRS, the male and his mate and beasts that are NOT CLEAN a PAIR of each kind; male and his mate

NOTE:In the book of Jashar these creatures had to bow down in order for Noah to accept them into the ark as commanded by God. And from those three sons Ham families were about 730 men, Shem family 300 men and Japheth family 460 men. we forget that during that time people lived for centuries seein their great, great, great, great grand children. It hard for us to fathom this concept even when we read it with our own eyes and because we don't see it in our own lives.

In the book of Enoch, Noah is albino (no pigmentation at all) and comes out of his mother's womb speaking the word of God and his three sons appears to be of different colors yellow, red and black if I recall correctly, which would account for all the races on earth.

All of this together fills alot of gaps in our bible

Last edited by eyewrist; 01-22-2011 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity