U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,914,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus, the writer of Hebrews and Peter believed the Noahic flood did take place and that it was world-wide.

So I would have to side with them that if they knew it really happened, for me to say it didn't would be to say Jesus and Peter and the writer of Hebrews didn't really know what they were talking about. They were obviously easily mislead. Do I really want to go there? No.

So, yes, Noah, his wife and six other family members re-kick started earth's population and all cultures today come from their offspring.
I agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,485,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I agree
Good!

Also, the area of Mesopotamia, the valley, according to my memory is about 500 miles long or a little shorter by approximately 200 miles wide.

If it was just a local flood why didn't Noah just take all the animals and lead them all out of the valley? This would have only taken about 20 days. This would have saved him a hundred years building a ship about as big as a modern air craft carrier.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Good!

Also, the area of Mesopotamia, the valley, according to my memory is about 500 miles long or a little shorter by approximately 200 miles wide.

If it was just a local flood why didn't Noah just take all the animals and lead them all out of the valley? This would have only taken about 20 days. This would have saved him a hundred years building a ship about as big as a modern air craft carrier.
Great point. What do you know of the world since the flood?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,735,918 times
Interesting.

Miss Blue, I agree with many of your points.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:17 PM

6,467 posts, read 6,503,600 times
I was taught that the Old Testament was not to be taken literally. It is filled with stories that are intended to lead us all to a holy life by example.I do not think Jonah was in the belly of a whale or that Adam and Eve were the real first man and woman, thats not the point of these God divine inspired tales.However my 86 year old aunt absolutely believes all the Old Testament to be true and she has led a wonderful and moral life, God bless her!!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,936,958 times
Quote:
Good!

it would have taken a ship bigger than any aircraft carrier t carry EVERY animal in the world.but if you look at the OP one of the bigger questions are.Why would abrahams kids,being devotes of Yeshua start all other religious cultures,they would have had no knowledge of such cultures???

and hat about all the other races,i think youve just avoided the question and exepted that what is written in a book.Im not saying that Jesus is a liar,but i doubt he beleived in this.infact scientific evidence has disproved this theory of a global flood,i realy think it was regional.

could you tell me when(what year)this was meant to take place????

Old 01-13-2011, 08:23 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,936,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I was taught that the Old Testament was not to be taken literally. It is filled with stories that are intended to lead us all to a holy life by example.I do not think Jonah was in the belly of a whale or that Adam and Eve were the real first man and woman, thats not the point of these God divine inspired tales.However my 86 year old aunt absolutely believes all the Old Testament to be true and she has led a wonderful and moral life, God bless her!!
well thats it isnt it,thees no harm in beleiving these story's,and they can surely fire the imagination,but it goes to show that not all of the bible should be taken literally,especially when their is alot of evidence to suggest otherwise........just curios what part of Ireland are you from????any where near Wicklow.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:28 PM

6,467 posts, read 6,503,600 times
LOL!! Family has lived in US for over 100 years!! I am the last 100% irish person in our family!! Never even been to the "other side". What a poor excuse of an Irishman (woman) am I???

Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,485,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
it would have taken a ship bigger than any aircraft carrier t carry EVERY animal in the world.
That has been proven false over and over. Noah did not have to take every animal in the world. He only had to take so many of each clean animal and so many of each unclean animal that God brought to him.

Quote:
but if you look at the OP one of the bigger questions are.Why would abrahams kids,being devotes of Yeshua start all other religious cultures,they would have had no knowledge of such cultures???
Why would they have no knowledge of such cultures when they lived among such cultures? And just because Noah, wife and family members were devoted to Yahweh it is obvious some of their offspring went bad.

Quote:
and hat about all the other races,i think youve just avoided the question and exepted that what is written in a book.Im not saying that Jesus is a liar,but i doubt he beleived in this.infact scientific evidence has disproved this theory of a global flood,i realy think it was regional.

What about the other races. Are you saying some of the races are not from Adam? and if they could have come from Adam why could they not come from Noah's family?

There are some scientists that claim there was a global flood.

Jesus believed in a global flood as did the writer of Hebrews and Peter. I realize some on these boards are way more spiritual than Jesus and the Hebrew writer and Peter and some must bow to them (those on these boards.)

Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
it would have taken a ship bigger than any aircraft carrier t carry EVERY animal in the world.but if you look at the OP one of the bigger questions are.Why would abrahams kids,being devotes of Yeshua start all other religious cultures,they would have had no knowledge of such cultures???

Not really, more like scientific theory claims to have disproved a global flood.

Everything is explained within the Bible you just have to know where to look. What do you know about the world since the flood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity