U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2011, 07:37 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,436,374 times
Reputation: 989

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
so God was also just flooding the system so!!!!flooding out those who were meant to Go.

right if you can answer this question honestly and not just,''well if it happened then why couldnt it of happened'',then ill beleive ya.

how did the skin colour change from tanned to dark black ,in those few years?????

That's correct. The system back then in Noah's day we destryed. It wasn't "just flooding the system" but flooding the entire system.

Who says it just took a few years for the skin color to change? You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,288,619 times
Reputation: 420
First you have to start with the Heavens and Earth, and see if, during that time, 3 to 4th millennium BC, believed it meant in the material sense....which...it didn't. Sumerian and Akkadian cuneiform reveals this on several different tablets.

Heavens and Earth, Earth and Heavens, simply meant, those in the covenant of whatever god or God, presided over. In this case...the Israelite, or Akkadian as in Adam's case. With that being said, it is clear that the Genesis creation and flood account, is not global historical, but historically and regionally covenantal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:05 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,714,521 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The word for "world" back then was "kosmos" and meant "system." So they were taking a census of their entire system.
Well actually, there were quite a few words for the word "world" and since you are using a Greek word, I take it you are referring to "back then" as in the New Testament world and thus my reference to the "world" being taxed by the Romans.

In any event, the word you are looking for is "pas and not "kosmos". You might want to take a look here:

Pas - New Testament Greek Lexicon - King James Version
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,902,173 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
so God was also just flooding the system so!!!!flooding out those who were meant to Go.

right if you can answer this question honestly and not just,''well if it happened then why couldnt it of happened'',then ill beleive ya.

how did the skin colour change from tanned to dark black ,in those few years?????
Tower of Babel. When God confused the languages He could have done so based on their biological make up you know the predominately dark had similar languages, the predominately yellow had similar languages, so on and so forth. I would have taken less than 100 years for the colors to set in.

Read the Bible the anwers are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,714,521 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Tower of Babel. When God confused the languages He could have done so based on their biological make up you know the predominately dark had similar languages, the predominately yellow had similar languages, so on and so forth. I would have taken less than 100 years for the colors to set in.

Read the Bible the anwers are there.
"Answers," Robin? You don't sound too sure when you make guesses like this:

When God confused the languages He could have done so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:23 PM
 
2,953 posts, read 2,254,371 times
Reputation: 465
here's a fun website.
Welcome to www.expanding-earth.org!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,902,173 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
"Answers," Robin? You don't sound too sure when you make guesses like this:

When God confused the languages He could have done so...
Its called a theory based on the Bible and the acts of God. And its not a guess but you would like to think I am not sure just as you are not sure it couldnt have happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,714,521 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Its called a theory based on the Bible and the acts of God. And its not a guess but you would like to think I am not sure just as you are not sure it couldnt have happened.
A "theory," huh? Interesting choice of wording there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,902,173 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
A "theory," huh? Interesting choice of wording there.
Yeah it seems to be popular but most call it "facts", I thought I would be honest and call it what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,714,521 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Yeah it seems to be popular but most call it "facts", I thought I would be honest and call it what it is.
I see. Hmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top