U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 01:19 PM

26,372 posts, read 14,238,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I did not say Christ did not dwell in people, he does not dwell in people as a person. YOU stated something must be a person to possess someone by saying this
Right - I thnk I used the term personal - meaning not a fleshly person, but a spirit with personal attributes. Although Christ is no longer in the flesh, his character traits still exist

Quote:
You will fail to find any scripture saying that. But you expect me to produce scripture worded a certain way to support mine. I do not bother posting scripture for that reason, there is no satisfying someone with a double standard no matter how many scriptures are posted.
If we are talking about Christ and salvation, then yeah it should come from the Bible.

Here's the problem. You don't accept what's in the Bible. So you have to play word games. You put things in that aren't there - such as true love possessing one's heart -- and discount what it is there. This is your way of getting your theology to link to the Bible instead of simply quoting the Bible and stating thus saith the Lord.

"God is love" is in the Bible. What's the context? Not salvation as you say... it's just word games.

Quote:
So we are back to square one. Does my true belief that Jesus is my Saviour save me or not?

I say it does.
No - you are back to square one, by your own choice - and God only knows if your belief is true. Based on your understanding of Scripture, I wonder about your true belief also. I wish that were not the case.

Have fun back there at square one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 01:36 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,699,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here's the problem. You don't accept what's in the Bible.
I accept what is in the bible, there is a difference between that and not seeing what the bible does say the same exact way you do. If you cannot recogize that, then you have now been told that I accept what is in bible so it refutes your claim.

Quote:

So you have to play word games.
No I quoted exactly what you said and you are the one who realizes that you cannot produce a scripture that says it after demanding I produce a scripture that says exactly what I have said. It is your double standard that is the problem.

Quote:
You put things in that aren't there
And until you produce a scripture that says Jesus must be a person to possess us then your double standard is plainly seen.

Quote:
I wonder about your true belief also.
Since it is not up to you, I do not see why I need to care abiout what you wonder.

Quote:

Have fun back there at square one.

You mean believing that Jesus is my Saviour is something that can be fun? Indeed we agree.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:53 PM

987 posts, read 881,608 times
The Bible says we shall be known by our fruits. It is possible to do good things for show, not out of any real love in your heart for others, but to gain personal power, fame, satisfaction, whatever, because others perceive that you are doing good things. This is love for gain, God loves us unconditionally, with no thought for what He gets in return for that is the definition of love....TRUE love. Love is NOT just an attribute of God, Love is defined by God because God is love.

So I see no problem with the idea that true love possesses your heart. I see that God must be the one who does the good things for humans do not have the capacity in this mortal body to do good, I can try my best to do something nice, and when it is for my children, I generally don't expect any material gain, but I do get hurt if they don't express appreciation at some time shortly after, if not immediately.

We are GOD'S workmanship. We can try as hard as we might to make ourselves a better person, but if the builder is not God, the work is in vain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity