U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
 
37,480 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5853

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I can't help but wonder what motivates people to tell others there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I don't either..... sad though and breaks my heart !!
No one says "there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them" . . .]Moderator cut: attack Repentance is a continual prayer for exactly that. BUT . . . what we do fervently believe is that the reason YOU have for doing so is complete primitive fear-ridden nonsense!!! Rejecting YOUR reason for praying to Christ is NOT telling people "there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them" . . . GET IT???

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-24-2011 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: removed the attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one says "there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them" . . .Moderator cut: edit Repentance is a continual prayer for exactly that. BUT . . . what we do fervently believe is that the reason YOU have for doing so is complete primitive fear-ridden Moderator cut: deleted !!! Rejecting YOUR reason for praying to Christ is NOT telling people "there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them" . . . GET IT???
Amen Mystic, you said it!!

Last edited by june 7th; 01-24-2011 at 11:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,469 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one says "there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them" . . .]Moderator cut: attack Repentance is a continual prayer for exactly that. BUT . . . what we do fervently believe is that the reason YOU have for doing so is complete primitive fear-ridden nonsense!!! Rejecting YOUR reason for praying to Christ is NOT telling people "there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them" . . .
So, my faith is fear-ridden nonsense? And you claim to know the reasons for my prayers?

Why do you URs always have to be so disrespectful? Some things never change....

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-17-2012 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 PM
 
2,531 posts, read 1,941,503 times
Reputation: 322
[quote=Irish-Coleen;23014538]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
All those scriptures are wonderful, it's just a great shame none of them scriptures come anywhere near suggesting we ask Jesus into our hearts to be our Savior.

Ephesians 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith;

Blessings
LK 11:9-13 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,154 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Reputation: 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have never understood this one.
Did Jesus teach it ?. He taught believing upon him.

Men, Galileans, why do you stand gazing into the heaven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2012, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,459 posts, read 21,199,786 times
Reputation: 17675
Technically , I think all prayers whether silent or public, are sinners prayers..since we are not perfect...yet

However I don't think it is necessary or a requirement to repeat any prayer of man before a group of worshippers to repent.

A sincere private prayer just you and Him , one on one would seem to work and your actions and words from then on should be suffecient to man or the place you worship in of your conversion.

jmho
__________________
Moderator of:
Non Romantic Relationships
Parenting, and sub-forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
2,819 posts, read 2,765,344 times
Reputation: 1245
This belief that we accept him as a personal savior is no more than 100 yrs old. D Moody began something like it, Billy graham added fuel to it by "saving thousands at the same time", hence now we have a new tradition that people think it goes back centuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top