U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 AM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,309,966 times
Reputation: 208

Advertisements

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you orphans: I will come to you.
hn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forththe Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which isChrist in you, the hope of glory:

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christin you. from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you




Jhn 17:23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Jhn 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2011 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: red font is reserved for moderator notes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2011, 07:10 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you orphans: I will come to you.
hn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christin you. from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you




Jhn 17:23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Jhn 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Nice scriptures, but i don't see "Dear Jesus i'm a sinner come into my heart and be my Savior" in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,047,457 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Nice scriptures, but i don't see "Dear Jesus i'm a sinner come into my heart and be my Savior" in there.

It is sad when individuals start nip picking the way to our Savior.... Jesus doesn't care what words we use, His message to the heart to turn and repent of their sin and for Him to become one's Lord and Savior is His deepest concern and to why He went to the cross .....

So.... to the OP, the EXACT WORDING you ask... "Dear Jesus i'm a sinner come into my heart and be my Savior" will not be found in the scripture exactly in those words, but the concept (thought) by which the scripture teach and given to us in God's word through His Holy Spirit (our Helper), whom knows how to reach the heart, explains to why other's in this thread have prayed that prayer.

Concept–noun
1. a general notion or idea; conception.
2. an idea of something formed by mentally combining all its characteristics or particulars; a construct.
3. a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.

It seems your argument is with God in how He should do it.....

How is it that you see supposedly that Jesus has come into your life, pcamps ?
How did you know you were a sinner?
Did you repent?
Is Jesus Lord of your life ????

Explain to us the proper way as it seems you know how to do it !! Scripture please.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 08:23 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Reputation: 2109
The sinners prayer is not in the scriptures. There is no come into my heart in the scriptures . Prayer as nothing to do with salvation.
Like i have already said, you died hard biblians that pride yourself on "Show me a scripture", "if it's not in the scripture i don't believe it", that bible verses are actually God himself", show by such things like the sinners prayer that you really do not believe the scriptures, but the doctrines and traditions of men.

It's faith in his grace,even this is not of ourselves. When someone is face to face with Jesus it's "I believe", every leading up to that confession, and the repentance after is all him.He came to us, not we came to him or called him down from heaven to come into our hearts.

Read this scripture below and you will see it's believe in your heart, not come into my heart.

But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Ask yourself why you believe you are saved, your first thought will be why you think you are , i just hope that first thought isn't.... "because i said the sinners prayer".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 08:29 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,047,457 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The sinners prayer is not in the scriptures. There is no come into my heart in the scriptures . Prayer as nothing to do with salvation.
Like i have already said, you died hard biblians that pride yourself on "Show me a scripture", "if it's not in the scripture i don't believe it", that bible verses are actually God himself", show by such things like the sinners prayer that you really do not believe the scriptures, but the doctrines and traditions of men.

It's faith in his grace,even this is not of ourselves. When someone is face to face with Jesus it's "I believe", every leading up to that confession, and the repentance after is all him.He came to us, not we came to him or called him down from heaven to come into our hearts.

Read this scripture below and you will see it's believe in your heart, not come into my heart.

But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Ask yourself why you believe you are saved, your first thought will be why you think you are , i just hope that first thought isn't.... "because i said the sinners prayer".
Like I said.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post


So.... to the OP, the EXACT WORDING you ask... "Dear Jesus i'm a sinner come into my heart and be my Savior" will not be found in the scripture exactly in those words, but the concept (thought) by which the scripture teach and given to us in God's word through His Holy Spirit (our Helper), whom knows how to reach the heart, explains to why other's in this thread have prayed that prayer.

Concept–noun
1. a general notion or idea; conception.
2. an idea of something formed by mentally combining all its characteristics or particulars; a construct.
3. a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.

Faith is stronger than belief. To believe is to give intellectual assent; to have faith is to be inseparable from the object of your devotion. Belief can be changed or lost by a more persuasive argument. True faith is so much a part of the person it can only be taken by death. - Rick Joyner

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-15-2011 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: already said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 08:39 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Like I said......
So.... to the OP, the EXACT WORDING you ask... "Dear Jesus i'm a sinner come into my heart and be my Savior" will NOT be found in the scripture exactly in those words, but the CONCEPT (thought) by which the scripture teach and given to us in God's word through His Holy Spirit (our Helper), whom knows how to reach the heart, explains to why other's in this thread have prayed that prayer.

Concept–noun
1. a general notion or idea; conception.
2. an idea of something formed by mentally combining all its characteristics or particulars; a construct.
3. a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.

It seems your argument is with God in how He should do it..... not the Christian
You are clutching at straws Latte Chic not the scriptures. Even the concept of a sinners prayer is not there. Not one person in the gospels or the book of Acts when face to face with God said anything that resembled the concept of a sinners prayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 08:46 AM
 
488 posts, read 870,462 times
Reputation: 168
although, there is no salvation prayer or sinners' prayer in the Bible, it is something you can say in oyur own words:


[SIZE=3]"Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you died on the cross for MY sins. I repent of my sinful ways. From this moment on, I turn away from my sins, and turn my life over to you, Jesus. I ask you to come into my life, as my Lord and personal Savior. Thank you for saving me. Help me to live for you from this day forward, and prepare my heart for Your Soon Return. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen."[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 08:58 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,047,457 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
although, there is no salvation prayer or sinners' prayer in the Bible, it is something you can say in oyur own words:


[SIZE=3]"Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you died on the cross for MY sins. I repent of my sinful ways. From this moment on, I turn away from my sins, and turn my life over to you, Jesus. I ask you to come into my life, as my Lord and personal Savior. Thank you for saving me. Help me to live for you from this day forward, and prepare my heart for Your Soon Return. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen."[/SIZE]
Amen........doesntspringtomind !! God is faithful !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,520 posts, read 31,926,753 times
Reputation: 9413
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Dear God, thank you for sending Jesus to die on the cross to pay for my sins. I ask you for your forgiveness, I invite you Jesus into my heart. Please save me now. Thank you for saving me. I trust you with all my heart. In your name I pray, amen.
Amen. That is what Jesus wants. He wants us to come to Him. Of course everyone can ask in their words ortthoughts.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".

But of course not everyone comes to Him. This is proven in the same chapter in Matthew

Matthew 11:23 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”


This thread highlights the true UR misson. Their mission is to persuade people to NOT PRAY for salvation. It is an attempt to keep people from coming to Christ. If they think that is what God wants them to teach, then (as someone already pointed out) they have a problem with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 09:12 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Amen. That is what Jesus wants. He wants us to come to Him. Of course everyone can ask in their words ortthoughts.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".

But of course not everyone comes to Him. This is proven in the same chapter in Matthew

Matthew 11:23 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”


This thread highlights the true UR misson. Their mission is to persuade people to NOT PRAY for salvation. It is an attempt to keep people from coming to Christ. If they think that is what God wants them to teach, then (as someone already pointed out) they have a problem with God.
Christ came to us Finn, if Christ waited for us he would still be waiting. There is none that seeks after God, NO NOT ONE !!!!!!!!!

Where in the scriptures does it tell us to pray for salvation ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top