U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:36 AM

30,275 posts, read 20,017,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Exactly!! I don't get what the problem is with the "sinnner's prayer".....it's a first step, it's public (or private) acknowledgment through prayer that one is seeking the knowledge of the Lord and it works!!

Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Illene i encourage you to read the links herefornow posted on post #16.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 10:38 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,316,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Exactly!! I don't get what the problem is with the "sinnner's prayer".....it's a first step, it's public (or private) acknowledgment through prayer that one is seeking the knowledge of the Lord and it works!!

Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
I don't have a problem with the sinner's prayer either. As we grow in Christ, we later come to find out that Jesus was always there with us, even when we did not know Him or seek Him. Jesus was there seeing us through our trials and tribulations that brought us to Him. That His calling us, was our calling upon Him.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,758,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I don't have a problem with the sinner's prayer either. As we grow in Christ, we later come to find out that Jesus was always there with us, even when we did not know Him or seek Him. Jesus was there seeing us through our trials and tribulations that brought us to Him. That His calling us, was our calling upon Him.
Exactly!!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:43 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,162,715 times
I have a suggestion for someone seeking God. Get the Holy Bible and read it. I think it answers all questions about this subject. You need to start at the beginning and read it through. Then you may know more than the person saying, "Ye must be born again." Some of them have never read the entire Bible.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 AM

30,275 posts, read 20,017,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
As we grow in Christ, we later come to find out that Jesus was always there with us, even when we did not know Him or seek Him. Jesus was there seeing us through our trials and tribulations that brought us to Him. That His calling us, was our calling upon Him.
I 100% agree with this. ^

This sinners prayer originated from the mind of man, not the scriptures. We do not pray for salvation, we believe and receive it.Not believe by prayer , but believe by faith.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:42 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,311,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Neither do you see a Scripture that says: "Satan, come into my heart and control my life from my innermost being, as my father, lord and master"; but Satan does come into the hearts of all who listen to his lies and who let him in the "door", and do his bidding, and they become Satan's "children" because his spirit is in them.
Jesus [as God the Word, the "Voice of YHWH"] warned Cain, as Moses records for us, in Genesis 4, that "Sin" -a personality, a "being" "lieth at"[his -Cain's], "door", but that "Cain must master him" [Sin], "for the desire of Sin was for Cain, for whom he" [Sin] "stretched out lustingly/greedily to overpower and rule/dominate".

Cain did not master the "Sin lying at his door", and Sin entered Cain, and Cain became then, by that entry, a "son of perdition".

1Jo 3:12 Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.

Gen 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, Sin is lying at your heart's entry, stretching out lustily, seeking to dominate you [YSM literal translation].

חטאת chatta'ath sin
רבץ rabats is stretched out, lying at
פתח pethach opening/entrance/door .

תשוקה tĕshuwqah his lust

משל mashal is to control/rule

Then, when Satan tempted Judas, and Judas received the temptation into his heart and acted on it, the Word says that Satan entered Judas' heart.

Jhn 13:2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son], to betray him;Luk 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

But in contrast, Jesus stands at the door [heart's entry] and knocks, seeking entry into the hearts of all who will receive Him, and He comes in, and they fellowship together with a continual "feast".

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Jesus said He was going "away" [to the cross], to make us fit/acceptable, cleansed souls, able to be born again in Spirit so as to be dwelling places for for the Father's Glory, which born again in Christ believers get a foretaste of that Glory which shall fill their New Man bodies at the regeneration of the body.

God does not dwell in temples made with hands, and God departed from Adam at the fall, and we are not sons of God with His indwelling Glory since that fall. Jesus came to make us fit dwellings in His New Man name, for that Glory to indwell.

If the Spirit of Christ dwells in us, by the spirit of regeneration, then we have the foretaste of the Glory which is to come, in the regeneration of our bodies.

If Christ does not dwell in us by regeneration of Spirit, then we are not His, and we are not temples fit for the Father to indwell, in His Glory: not in the foretaste of that Glory, nor in the fullness of that Glory which shall be given to every regenerated in Spirit and in body adopted son of God.

Jhn 15:4 Abide/dwell in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 01-15-2011 at 01:00 PM..

Old 01-15-2011, 12:54 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,311,447 times
Jesus Got A-hold Of My Life...Jesus came into my heart, when I opened up and let Jesus in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9rDh...eature=related

Old 01-15-2011, 12:57 PM

1,116 posts, read 992,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There was a time when I refused, and then what happened? Then I opened up my heart and accepted Christ.

You didn't answer my question: why do you find it necessary to persuade people to NOT reach out to God? When God calls, you should stop refusing, and accept Him. There are millions who resist the calling, and your teaching does nothing but encourage them to keep resisting.
You must think pretty highly of yourself if you think that you are responsible for opening up your own heart and thereby responsible for your own salvation.

Only god can do the "persuading" via the Holy Spirit.

Rom 3:10-12 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

1 Cor 2:14 ”But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,587,518 times
Yeshuasavedme... why is it everytime I read your posts I get chills and the Holy Spirt overwhelms me? AAAAAAAAHHHHH...lol

Thank you so much for encouraging us to live Godly lives.

In order to draw close to God... YOU MUST TALK TO HIM...lol Accually, you must cry out to him as if you lost millions of dollars. That's the heart of God. He wants us to earnestly seek him.

However that has nothing to do with saying a sinners prayer and recieving salvation. I have to agree, you are not saved at the moment you start talking to God. You are saved the "instant" he calls your heart, and you believe the good news. But, as Christ said, those seeds can be useless if we don't "obey" the teachings of Christ. Noone can teach this better than Christ himself.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:36 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,758,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
You must think pretty highly of yourself if you think that you are responsible for opening up your own heart and thereby responsible for your own salvation.

Only god can do the "persuading" via the Holy Spirit.

Rom 3:10-12 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

1 Cor 2:14 ”But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”
Agreed. There is nothing WE can do, except hope that the Lord chooses us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or