U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM

37,660 posts, read 25,365,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The rabidness of UR theology that accuses God of having it both ways...God brings people to faith by his pleasure while holding people accountable for rejecting.

We chose Jesus by stop blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed to us by Jesus Christ as the "mind of Christ" . . . NOT Jehovah as described by our ignorant primitive ancestors.The OT beliefs about God's Holy Spirit are the blasphemy. God doesn't have to force or threaten anyone with ET or Annihilation . . . they will understand sooner or later in God's good time. The only rabidness is in the blasphemous evil mainstream beliefs about God's true nature and its rejection of Jesus' unambiguous example..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 03:25 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,320,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I 100% agree with this. ^

This sinners prayer originated from the mind of man, not the scriptures. We do not pray for salvation, we believe and receive it.Not believe by prayer , but believe by faith.
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Jhn 7:37 In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Luk 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:03 PM

58,651 posts, read 32,128,809 times
Quote:
Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains. John 9:41
That's ok. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Jesus said He was going "away" [to the cross], to make us fit/acceptable, cleansed souls, able to be born again in Spirit so as to be dwelling places for for the Father's Glory, which born again in Christ believers get a foretaste of that Glory which shall fill their New Man bodies at the regeneration of the body.
I am glad you mention Jesus on the cross. There were two other people on the cross next to Jesus, and one of them asked Jesus to save him, and Jesus saved him. The other did nothing but mock Jesus.

Luke 22:38 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
You must think pretty highly of yourself if you think that you are responsible for opening up your own heart and thereby responsible for your own salvation.
No, I don't think highly of myself. But of course you are just twisting my words in order to make me look bad. I never said I am responsible for saving myself. Jesus called me and I answered the call and asked Him to save me. He saved me, just like He saved the man on the cross. Are you saying I should not have prayed and asked Christ to come into my life, because it would mean I am stealing credit from Jesus? You can't be serious.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 PM

30,336 posts, read 20,079,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Jhn 7:37 In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Luk 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Neither of these 2 men went to the temple to pray for Salvation, and neither does it say he prayed a prayer.

One of them was there to be seen of men, the loud mouth pharisee, basically he exalted himself and condemned the publican who was afar off, but not far enough to probably hear the dirty rotten sinner attitude towards all who are not bible believers, no wonder he wouldn't dare look up to heaven after hearing all that crap coming from the Pharisee, about him.

We believe and receive

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

God does something within us first(no prayer necessary)

They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”

Then God opens our eyes

Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's ok. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Answer what Finn ?

Old 01-15-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Answer what Finn ?
The question I asked several times.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:04 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,320,453 times
Quote:
...neither does it say he prayed a prayer.

Pro 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There was a time when I refused, and then what happened? Then I opened up my heart and accepted Christ.

You didn't answer my question: why do you find it necessary to persuade people to NOT reach out to God? When God calls, you should stop refusing, and accept Him. There are millions who resist the calling, and your teaching does nothing but encourage them to keep resisting.
Sorry Finn i didnt see this one

Where have i said that anyone should not reach out to God , or that i am persuading anyone not to reach out to God ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or