U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:15 PM

30,410 posts, read 20,134,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Pro 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I think you are getting prayer and confession confused.

The account of the Pharisee does not tell us they went to the temple to pray for salvation,you are thinking this because you think church is where you go to get salvation. It's not hard, Salvation comes to us,it comes in many different ways, but it still comes to us. God sent his son, we didn't go looking for him, he had to be pointed out "behold the lamb of God", no one could see him unless they were born again, Phillip have i been with you so long and you do not know me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 05:23 PM

58,786 posts, read 32,233,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sorry Finn i didnt see this one

Where have i said that anyone should not reach out to God , or that i am persuading anyone not to reach out to God ?.
Isn't it your whole point here that there is no need for anyone to reach out to God and ask Him to come into their lives?

Old 01-15-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Isn't it your whole point here that there is no need for anyone to reach out to God and ask Him to come into their lives?
I have never said anything of the sort , you know that too, you are just trying to discredit me. Please find anywhere i have suggested this or you how me an apology.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I have never said anything of the sort , you know that too, you are just trying to discredit me. Please find anywhere i have suggested this or you how me an apology.
Never said anything of the sort? So it is not your point then? You agree that people need to reach out and ask Christ to come to their lives and save them? I am just trying to understand what your point is.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Never said anything of the sort? So it is not your point then? You agree that people need to reach out and ask Christ to come to their lives and save them? I am just trying to understand what your point is.
First of all Finn i said the sinners prayer is not scriptual i never said anything about not reaching out.

Now show me by the scripture this reaching out message you believe in.I believe according to the scripture they should believe.

The scriptures tell us to believe not reach out.When sharing the good news about Jesus to anyone i never tell them to reach out for Jesus, infact i never tell them to do anything ,i tell them he reached out for them "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself), how commission is to tell implore them to believe the good news, how the holy spirit leads us to.

It's the word of faith in a man that confesses, not reaches

But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”d that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:50 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,397,282 times
Quote:
I think you are getting prayer and confession confused.

The account of the Pharisee does not tell us they went to the temple to pray for salvation,you are thinking this because you think church is where you go to get salvation. It's not hard, Salvation comes to us,it comes in many different ways, but it still comes to us. God sent his son, we didn't go looking for him, he had to be pointed out "behold the lamb of God", no one could see him unless they were born again, Phillip have i been with you so long and you do not know me.

Great post, pcamps. We cannot know God (unconditional, neverending love) until the Spirit moves in us. No matter how hard we try. That's what I think of when I read, "His ways are higher than our ways." His love is unfathomable, and if we get stuck with our noses in old stories and judgment, we can't see him. We can read night and day about Christ, but until our eyes are opened, it won't matter a single bit, and the Word remains frozen in old letters.

John 5:39. You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me.

People become free (saved, salvaged) when they realize the darkness is nothing but themselves and when they start to understand that Christ is so much spiritually stronger and higher than them. Even at our worst he doesn't care. He's dragging us up with him. That's what love does. We just have to realize that he already finished ripping the darkness to shreds. Believing this makes it disappear and makes us free.

Saying a prayer doesn't do a thing. It's the realization of what has happened which starts to open our eyes.

Last edited by herefornow; 01-15-2011 at 07:16 PM..

Old 01-15-2011, 07:13 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,327,937 times
Quote:
...you are thinking this because you think church is where you go to get salvation. .
I was born again in Christ by a direct revelation and word from the Holy Spirit in my living room, 42 years ago last Oct, which was a direct result of my sister, who lived 2500 miles away, interceding in prayer for my soul, for weeks, with a burden so heavy she thought she would literally die, if God did not lift it.

So please do not make up what you think I think about Salvation in Jesus Christ. -and you are deflecting the conversation from your original charge that one does not need to pray.

BTW: when He came to me that day, He said: "time after time you have called upon Me, and I have answered you, yet you cut Me off; but I say unto you this day, that except you yield yourself unto Me, from this day forward;
"I

Will

Cut

You

Off".

His presence was there in power, and I was convicted of my sins, and I knew, in my heart, that He meant it, and that if I did not yield myself unto Him from that moment -like five minutes ago, no delay!- that I was bound for hell, with no remedy, and of a sudden, I cared, when I had not cared when I had cut Him off, years before.
I fell to my knees right there in my living room, and cried out to Him thusly:

"LORD Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner".
He did.

I got up from my knees and felt like a great weight was lifted from me, which was my sin burden which I was carrying and had never got rid of, and did not know how heavy it was weighing me down, until it was removed when I cried out for His mercy that day.

I picked up the Bible and began to read the "Manufacturer's handbook", beginning from that moment on, reading to see what He required from me, and what He would say to me, as my "leige LORD", to whom I owed all allegiance from that day, so as to not commit treasonous acts against His Person by ignorance of His requirements for my life, now born again into His Kingdom of Light.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 01-15-2011 at 08:01 PM..

Old 01-15-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
First of all Finn i said the sinners prayer is not scriptual i never said anything about not reaching out.

Now show me by the scripture this reaching out message you believe in.I believe according to the scripture they should believe.

The scriptures tell us to believe not reach out.When sharing the good news about Jesus to anyone i never tell them to reach out for Jesus, infact i never tell them to do anything ,i tell them he reached out for them "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself), how commission is to tell implore them to believe the good news, how the holy spirit leads us to.

It's the word of faith in a man that confesses, not reaches

But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”d that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
I already showed you on page #2.

OK, so you ARE saying that people do NOT need to do anything. That's what I said earlier, but you said you never said anything of the sort.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Amen. That is what Jesus wants. He wants us to come to Him. Of course everyone can ask in their words ortthoughts.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".

But of course not everyone comes to Him. This is proven in the same chapter in Matthew

Matthew 11:23 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”

This thread highlights the true UR misson. Their mission is to persuade people to NOT PRAY for salvation. It is an attempt to keep people from coming to Christ. If they think that is what God wants them to teach, then (as someone already pointed out) they have a problem with God.
I don't see any reaching out scriptures here Finn

Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".
Nor here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or