U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:01 PM

30,295 posts, read 20,036,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".

Rom 10:13 for every one--whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'

John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life

Yes, indeed, many refuse to come to Christ, but those who call upon the name of the Lord are SAVED.

Why is it important to you to persuade people to NOT call to Christ?
Suprisingly not here as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Here:

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".

Rom 10:13 for every one--whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'

John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life

Yes, indeed, many refuse to come to Christ, but those who call upon the name of the Lord are SAVED.

Why is it important to you to persuade people to NOT call to Christ?

I am not going to continue with this since you are only playing games here.
Nothing about reaching out at all, just coming at HIS BIDDING.

YOU TOO, REFUSED TO COME UNTIL HE OPENED YOUR EYES FOR YOU TO SEE HIM , so your understanding of this scripture is poor to say the least.

I hope you are not falsely accusing me again of persuading people to not believe in Christ.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:25 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,314,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How do you ask Jesus to come into your heart to be your Savior?
Like this -Luk 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
Come into my heart Lord Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsbuP...eature=related

Old 01-15-2011, 08:27 PM

58,581 posts, read 31,984,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Nothing about reaching out at all,
It is about reaching out. You can choose to deny it if you wish. I don't care.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:28 PM

How do you ask Jesus to come into your heart to be your Savior ?
And then, when you pray that prayer in sincerity, you will be like this -for He surely comes in when you open the "door of your heart"
Since Jesus Came Into My Heart - Homecoming Friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoyemFMJ-qA

Old 01-15-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Like this -Luk 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
Come into my heart Lord Jesus
I can't help but wonder what motivates people to tell others there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them?

Old 01-15-2011, 08:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,833,848 times
Quote:
I already showed you on page #2.

OK, so you ARE saying that people do NOT need to do anything. That's what I said earlier, but you said you never said anything of the sort.

It still becomes the fact that no matter how sugar coated or cute the abstract argument ... this is still the absolute truth God was pleased to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-15-2011 at 08:47 PM..

Old 01-15-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
It is about reaching out. You can choose to deny it if you wish. I don't care.
It's about him reaching out to us ,you can deny it as much as you want, but i do care, that you believe you were responsible for finding him and reaching out to him.

You have now gone from faith in a sinners prayer to your comfort zone belief that you found jesus in the narrow way, while blinded and reached out out to him.Denying all along that he came to seek and save the lost,blind,deaf and everyone else who else who was in a helpless situation.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I can't help but wonder what motivates people to tell others there is no reason whatsoever to pray for Christ to save them?
Well, there are many reasons that different sorts of men do not want men to call on the name of the LORD to be saved, not saying here, but "just sayin'" that one for instance was the self righteous hypocrisy of the Pharisees, seen in the Word, in Matt 23:13
Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
When Jesus was preaching the Gospel, the main body of the Pharisees did not want anyone to be saved, and they refused to be saved themselves, because they liked their religion without relationship, and without repenting of their sins, as we saw in the two men who went into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a Publican, when the Pharisee praised himself to God, and was not justified by God; and the Publican humbled himself before the LORD God, was repentant of his sins, and was justified.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It still becomes the fact that no matter how sugar coated or cute the the abstract ... this is still the absolute truth God was pleased to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
Yes, it pleases God, and angels rejoice when a sinner repents.

Luke 15:10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or