Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Christ came to us Finn, if Christ waited for us he would still be waiting. There is none that seeks after God, NO NOT ONE !!!!!!!!!
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2011 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: red font is reserved for mod notes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 08:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".
Do you understand that the word of God is a living word, that Come to me is the drawing word of God.

God is continually speaking to us through patience and tolerance, drawing us and leading us to himself.

Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? Romans 2:4

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him,
yet you refuse to come to me to have life.John 6:44

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2011 at 08:48 AM..

Old 01-15-2011, 08:36 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
I'm not sure "asking Jesus into your heart" is a biblical phrase, but by all means, call on Jesus today!! Each morning! Have the Spirit of Jesus walk with you and guide you in all that you do.

Rom 10:13 for every one--whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'

Do it Now! Praise God my friend. Jesus hears those who call on Him.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:42 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Also, calling on the Lord is from the heart. Even the mute will be "heard" by Jesus who searches the heart. For he puts His Spirit in you to call upon Him:

Rom 8:26 And, in like manner also, the Spirit doth help our weaknesses; for, what we may pray for, as it behoveth us , we have not known, but the Spirit himself doth make intercession for us with groanings unutterable,

Old 01-15-2011, 08:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him,
yet you refuse to come to me to have life.John 6:44

Rom 10:13 for every one--whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'

John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life

Yes, indeed, many refuse to come to Christ, but those who call upon the name of the Lord are SAVED.

Why is it important to you to persuade people to NOT call to Christ?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2011 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: changed font color

Old 01-15-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life

Yes, indeed, many refuse to come to Christ.

Why is it important to you to persuade people to NOT call to Christ?
Finn there was a time when you refused to come and there was a time when i refused too, how hard is that to understand, you cannot come before your time, this isn't a game of chance you know.

Jesus turns up at our house and there is always one conclusion

I must stay at your house today.”So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.Luke 19:5,6
See how the word of God draws us Finn ?

Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost. Luke 19:9,10

Salvation comes to us.

It turns upon the day decides not when you and i do. Yes i know it's hurts our pride, when we think we came on our own accord after seeking the narrow way and found it, only to finding out it was him seekling and drawing us all along.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Also, calling on the Lord is from the heart. Even the mute will be "heard" by Jesus who searches the heart. For he puts His Spirit in you to call upon Him:

Rom 8:26 And, in like manner also, the Spirit doth help our weaknesses; for, what we may pray for, as it behoveth us , we have not known, but the Spirit himself doth make intercession for us with groanings unutterable,
I agree with this.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:01 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Nice scriptures, but i don't see "Dear Jesus i'm a sinner come into my heart and be my Savior" in there.
Neither do you see a Scripture that says: "Satan, come into my heart and control my life from my innermost being, as my father, lord and master"; but Satan does come into the hearts of all who listen to his lies and who let him in the "door", and do his bidding, and they become Satan's "children" because his spirit is in them.
Jesus [as God the Word, the "Voice of YHWH"] warned Cain, as Moses records for us, in Genesis 4, that "Sin" -a personality, a "being" "lieth at"[his -Cain's], "door", but that "Cain must master him" [Sin], "for the desire of Sin was for Cain, for whom he" [Sin] "stretched out lustingly/greedily to overpower and rule/dominate".

Cain did not master the "Sin lying at his door", and Sin entered Cain, and Cain became then, by that entry, a "son of perdition".

1Jo 3:12 Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.

Gen 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, Sin is lying at your heart's entry, stretching out lustily, seeking to dominate you [YSM literal translation].

חטאת chatta'ath sin
רבץ rabats is stretched out, lying at
פתח pethach opening/entrance/door .

תשוקה tĕshuwqah his lust

משל mashal is to control/rule

Then, when Satan tempted Judas, and Judas received the temptation into his heart and acted on it, the Word says that Satan entered Judas' heart.

Jhn 13:2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son], to betray him;Luk 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

But in contrast, Jesus stands at the door [heart's entry] and knocks, seeking entry into the hearts of all who will receive Him, and He comes in, and they fellowship together with a continual "feast".

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Neither do you see a Scripture that says: "Satan, come into my heart and control my life from my innermost being, as my father, lord and master"; but Satan does come into the hearts of all who listen to his lies and who let him in the "door", and do his bidding, and they become Satan's "children" because his spirit is in them.
Jesus [as God the Word, the "Voice of YHWH"] warned Cain, as Moses records for us, in Genesis 4, that "Sin" -a personality, a "being" "lieth at"[his -Cain's], "door", but that "Cain must master him" [Sin], "for the desire of Sin was for Cain, for whom he" [Sin] "stretched out lustingly/greedily to overpower and rule/dominate".

Cain did not master the "Sin lying at his door", and Sin entered Cain, and Cain became then, by that entry, a "son of perdition".

1Jo 3:12 Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.

Gen 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, Sin is lying at your heart's entry, stretching out lustily, seeking to dominate you [YSM literal translation].

חטאת chatta'ath sin
רבץ rabats is stretched out, lying at
פתח pethach opening/entrance/door .

תשוקה tĕshuwqah his lust

משל mashal is to control/rule

Then, when Satan tempted Judas, and Judas received the temptation into his heart and acted on it, the Word says that Satan entered Judas' heart.
Out of the heart proceed the issues of life. As a man thinks so is he. No asking involved . Did Adam and Eve ask for the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil to come into their hearts, they saw it and it was pleasing to the eye(mind).

When our eyes are opened by God, Jesus becomes pleasing to the eye and something marvellous happens to us, instead of something catastrophic like the fall.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:11 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Question: How do you ask Jesus to come into your heart to be your Savior ?

Answer: HELP!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity