U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:46 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,770,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
HotinAZ, I didn't get the meaning. But more than that, I have no idea what Verna is talking about in reaction to your post. Sometimes this place seems like an insane asylum. No doubt, to those who are unbelievers, they look at threads like this and just shake their heads and shrug their shoulders.
Gee I thought it was just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 02:36 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,299,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sciota do think God has perfect intentions ?
I was quoting Robin Hood too.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:39 PM

5,752 posts, read 4,601,277 times
"Until lambs become lions.."

The lion (with his force and might) rules presently. He is the King of the world.
But one day it will be the lambs (with their meekness and gentleness) that will rule.

This current world is upside down and backwards for a reason. For us to learn.

The "masculine" is in control, the "feminine" qualities are trampled under foot: love, kindness, gentleness, etc. are seen as weakness, but in fact, those qualities are the TRUE strength, and it is the brute force that is the real "weakness".

That's just what honestly popped in my mind when I read that quote.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 PM

17,964 posts, read 8,955,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

The lion (with his force and might) rules presently. He is the King of the world.
But one day it will be the lambs (with their meekness and gentleness) that will rule.

The "masculine" is in control, the "feminine" qualities are trampled under foot: love, kindness, gentleness, etc. are seen as weakness, but in fact, those qualities are the TRUE strength, and it is the brute force that is the real "weakness".

Sparrow, you are a true peacemaker one who follows the lamb of God.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:34 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,586,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Sparrow,

I was thinking very similar thoughts while away from my computer -- then I come back to find that you have been on the very same wave-length of thoughts. We (jointly as the body of Christ) have the mind of Christ.

Peace-
Heartsong

p.s. Genesis 3:15 -- the seed of the woman shall bruise the serpent's head.

Also, Eve is the mother of all living... forget which scripture says that.

Last edited by Heartsong; 01-15-2011 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: Adding thought

Old 01-15-2011, 05:37 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,250,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Rise and rise again,
Until lambs become lions!!

How does this saying strike you all as Christians?

I find it deeply profounding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I shall only say this unto you, that however you may despise either me or my ministry, I shall not regard it, but shall frequently show you your danger, and propose to you the remedy; and shall earnestly pity and pray for you, that God would show you your error, and bring you home into his sheepfold, that you, from ravenous lions, may become peaceful lambs.
George Whitefield
Quote:
HotinAZ, I didn't get the meaning. But more than that, I have no idea what Verna is talking about in reaction to your post. Sometimes this place seems like an insane asylum. No doubt, to those who are unbelievers, they look at threads like this and just shake their heads and shrug their shoulders.
Heartsong, did you notice that Hot offered a statement saying, "Rise and rise again,
Until lambs become lions!!"...and then he asked of anyone who read it, "How does this saying strike you all as Christians?"...did you notice that? My response is how this statement struck me...am I allowed to have my own personal version of what it meant to me?...do I have to satisfy you with my answer before you will not attack me for my answer?...my answer (which I "might" add, was the first response), said nothing different than Jerwade, who replied, "Be of sober Spirit, be on the alert.

"Your adversary, the accuser, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

...and my answer said nothing different than .sparrow's comment..."Until lambs become lions.."

...then Hot gives us his own thoughts on the statement...

[quote=HotinAZ;17423413]And since really noone desires to comment, outside of Verna, I will offer up what exactly my profound thoughts were,,,,so people like "Heartsong", can actually 'get-it', and not think this is insane or an insane asylum.

I see Rise and Rise again, until Lambs become Lions,,,

as being new Christians into MATURE Christians.

When Christ is new in our hearts, we feel peace and joy. We are infants(lambs), so when the worldly systems try to dissuade our beliefs, or in fact PERSUADE our beliefs, we are at the most susceptible. Perhaps some cower in fear, and others are afraid to speak boldly out for Christ.

As the lamb becomes the lion,

We are fearless more and more. We rise up to the challenges of everyday life, wearing Christ fully, and not hidden. We speak boldly the Word of God, and are indwelt with the Spirit of the Almighty for Words that we could not otherwise come up with. We do not BACK DOWN, nor COWER, and instead offer up the other cheek. But, as Lions, ruled by THE LION, we NEVER EVER GIVE IN to the devil nor his world.

It is sad more people who profess Jesus Christ as KING of their lives, don't actually start living like it, instead of having one foot in the mud, and the other trying to stay clean.

Some day, one day, in the future,,,

ALL that will be left is LIONS. They will raise the 'cubs' and the lambs will be no more.

Wake up! It can be in this life time, unless the corner feels so right.

From Peter denying Jesus, to hanging upside down on the cross,,,this Lamb BECAME a LION.

Can you see it? Why don't you feel it?[/quote]...and you, Heartsong, "suppose" something to be...which is not the way it is at all...not even close to what I meant by the "quote" I gave by George Whitefield...whom I thought expressed my feelings about Hots statement very well!

...Hot, I wasn't offended at all...what in the world is there to be offended about...I see nothing at all that would cause anyone to be offended by your OP......that's just nonsense. I enjoyed pondering your biblical symbolism. I'm a very symbolic thinker...

Quote:
Thanks for explaining, HotinAZ. I just didn't have a clue as to what you wanted to share, much less why Verna seemed offended by it. Looking over the posts again, I find that Verna is quoting someone else to explain the meaning of your post (I think). But at first read, it seemed like she was scolding you for your original post.

I like pondering biblical symbolism. I'm a very symbolic thinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Gee I thought it was just me.
...gee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Sparrow, you are a true peacemaker one who follows the lamb of God.
Quote:
Sparrow,

I was thinking very similar thoughts while away from my computer -- then I come back to find that you have been on the very same wave-length of thoughts. We (jointly as the body of Christ) have the mind of Christ.

Peace-
Heartsong

p.s. Genesis 3:15 -- the seed of the woman shall bruise the serpent's head.

Also, Eve is the mother of all living... forget which scripture says that.

... I guess it's all in who's post you are reading Heartsong...if you like them and they agree with you in Doctrine...then great!...what they say is fantastic and profound!...but if someone says basically the same thing, if they don't agree with your Doctrine, then they are insane, and they seem to sound like they come from an insane asylum......nice.....showing that "loving?" fruit again......you with the "mind of Christ"...?...........o.k.......... .

Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,586,830 times
Verna,

I'm so thankful you're not easily angry! I would not want to stir up your inner 'Lion'.

Whew ........

BTW, should you be posting on the Sabbath?

Old 01-15-2011, 06:24 PM

7,883 posts, read 6,702,544 times
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions ........ In Matthew 5: 5...Jesus said .....``Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth```......... What is meek? , but it means amenable to the law or purpose or soften , yelding, gentle, peaceful, patient, long-suffering type , for they shall inherit the earth Jesus said ...... Like soft as a young lamb, but bold in their reserve, as the Lord is their shepard ..........

Old 01-15-2011, 06:36 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,390,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Some day, one day, in the future,,,

ALL that will be left is LIONS. They will raise the 'cubs' and the lambs will be no more.

I think we've had way too many lions on this planet since it began. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Whatever happened to, "The meek shall inherit the earth?" And I'm thinking the earth is being ruled with a rod of iron right now. When are the meek, loving, gentle people going to rule? It's only the strong (mentally, physically) who survive down here, at the moment.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:32 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,911,150 times
We must realize that many lambs like to act like lions and fall prey to the wolves and many wolves wear sheeps clothing and pretend to be lions while all still crave meat but can barely handle milk. The Lord still feeds us milk as we cannot handle the meat but He gives us meat as He sees fit. You shall know them by their fruit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity