U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions ........ In Matthew 5: 5...Jesus said .....``Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth```......... What is meek? , but it means amenable to the law or purpose or soften , yelding, gentle, peaceful, patient, long-suffering type , for they shall inherit the earth Jesus said ...... Like soft as a young lamb, but bold in their reserve, as the Lord is their shepard ..........
The Humble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 07:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
I DID NOT POST THIS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
Some day, one day, in the future,,,

ALL that will be left is LIONS. They will raise the 'cubs' and the lambs will be no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I think we've had way too many lions on this planet since it began. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Whatever happened to, "The meek shall inherit the earth?" And I'm thinking the earth is being ruled with a rod of iron right now. When are the meek, loving, gentle people going to rule? It's only the strong (mentally, physically) who survive down here, at the moment.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:34 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Verna,

I'm so thankful you're not easily angry!
Not angry at all, just simply and clearly stating the facts...there you go "supposing" again Heartsong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong
I would not want to stir up your inner 'Lion'.
Nope...no inner lion here...that's why I responded initially the way I did...was to show that I felt that the lion is something we are commanded NOT to be like...we should always be like a lamb...like Jesus.

Quote:
Whew ........
Quote:

BTW, should you be posting on the Sabbath?
Yes...I should...absolutely!

If you know and understand Scripture, you'd know and understand that Jesus...Paul...Peter...Matthew...Mark...Luke...Joh n...Timothy...Silus...Titus...and a whole host of Sabbath keeping disciples taught on the Sabbath too...and they ate grains of corn from an ear of corn in the fields on the Sabbath...or eating the shewbread in the Temple was o.k. too if you were hungry...and that man is more important than a sheep...and if we would save our sheep...we should certainly not hesitate to save another human being!...be it an empty stomach...a wounded heart...a severed soul...or needing care...to show us all that it is good to eat when you hunger on the Sabbath....and Jesus taught us also that it is o.k. tend to the well being of another...and that includes teaching others the precious Word of God! AMEN!!!

God Bless you Heartsong.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna

Old 01-15-2011, 07:43 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,379,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I DID NOT POST THIS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
Some day, one day, in the future,,,

ALL that will be left is LIONS. They will raise the 'cubs' and the lambs will be no more.

Sorry, Verna. Thanks for the correction. That was HotinAZ.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:08 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,371,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I think we've had way too many lions on this planet since it began. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
I am talking about when the powers of this world are gone, and Christ rules in the hearts of mankind, His Love, His Authority, His Kingship.

The Lion of the tribe of Judah.

Quote:
Whatever happened to, "The meek shall inherit the earth?"
Meek IS being humbled before the Authority and Kingship of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The meek are poor in spirit.
The meek are afflicted.
The meek are needy.

How do THEY inherit anything? This earth. This time. Not the 'new earth'. This earth. WHEN?

HOW??

When the lambs become lions BY the Lion Himself!

Mankind is too scared of death, especially Christians, when they ALREADY have life eternal. Why doesn't anyone understand this?

Quote:
And I'm thinking the earth is being ruled with a rod of iron right now. When are the meek, loving, gentle people going to rule? It's only the strong (mentally, physically) who survive down here, at the moment.
It is only because the Christian doesn't quite understand what exactly Jesus' Kingdom looks like, feels like, lives like. Why? Because they are ruled by TWO masters. Too scared. They are living from the corners of the room, looking to the skys for relief. "Help Jesus, I am praying for RAPTURE!", is what we hear these days! "Look here, look there" Well, it is about time to quit looking, and start living.

How about that heart? Let IT be 'raptured'. Transformed, by Him!

Stand up! Be strong! Pray for the courage that comes from the Holy Spirit!

The Lion of the tribe of Judah has given you a kingship. You ARE/WILL BE a lion yourself. The transforming from a week, soft, easily devoured lamb, to a lion who protects, teaches, and submits to no authority outside of our King.

Then, and only then,,,will we rise up,,and the lambs then become lions.

No gunshots from us.
No wars fought by us.
No killing done by us.

Just a simle, yet profound....NO!

They NEED us. We don't need them. Let us all wake up!

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. "

Peace,

Tony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity