Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:08 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,127,499 times

Advertisements

Rise and rise again,
Until lambs become lions!!

How does this saying strike you all as Christians?

I find it deeply profounding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 08:45 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,619,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Rise and rise again,
Until lambs become lions!!

How does this saying strike you all as Christians?

I find it deeply profounding.
I shall only say this unto you, that however you may despise either me or my ministry, I shall not regard it, but shall frequently show you your danger, and propose to you the remedy; and shall earnestly pity and pray for you, that God would show you your error, and bring you home into his sheepfold, that you, from ravenous lions, may become peaceful lambs.
George Whitefield

Old 01-15-2011, 09:54 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,971,355 times
HotinAZ, I didn't get the meaning. But more than that, I have no idea what Verna is talking about in reaction to your post. Sometimes this place seems like an insane asylum. No doubt, to those who are unbelievers, they look at threads like this and just shake their heads and shrug their shoulders.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
HotinAZ, I didn't get the meaning. But more than that, I have no idea what Verna is talking about in reaction to your post. Sometimes this place seems like an insane asylum. No doubt, to those who are unbelievers, they look at threads like this and just shake their heads and shrug their shoulders.
LOL, it was a quote from Robin Hood, the movie.

Last edited by HotinAZ; 01-15-2011 at 10:07 AM..

Old 01-15-2011, 10:07 AM

And since really noone desires to comment, outside of Verna, I will offer up what exactly my profound thoughts were,,,,so people like "Heartsong", can actually 'get-it', and not think this is insane or an insane asylum.

I see Rise and Rise again, until Lambs become Lions,,,

as being new Christians into MATURE Christians.

When Christ is new in our hearts, we feel peace and joy. We are infants(lambs), so when the worldly systems try to dissuade our beliefs, or in fact PERSUADE our beliefs, we are at the most susceptible. Perhaps some cower in fear, and others are afraid to speak boldly out for Christ.

As the lamb becomes the lion,

We are fearless more and more. We rise up to the challenges of everyday life, wearing Christ fully, and not hidden. We speak boldly the Word of God, and are indwelt with the Spirit of the Almighty for Words that we could not otherwise come up with. We do not BACK DOWN, nor COWER, and instead offer up the other cheek. But, as Lions, ruled by THE LION, we NEVER EVER GIVE IN to the devil nor his world.

It is sad more people who profess Jesus Christ as KING of their lives, don't actually start living like it, instead of having one foot in the mud, and the other trying to stay clean.

Some day, one day, in the future,,,

ALL that will be left is LIONS. They will raise the 'cubs' and the lambs will be no more.

Wake up! It can be in this life time, unless the corner feels so right.

From Peter denying Jesus, to hanging upside down on the cross,,,this Lamb BECAME a LION.

Can you see it? Why don't you feel it?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:26 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,971,355 times
Thanks for explaining, HotinAZ. I just didn't have a clue as to what you wanted to share, much less why Verna seemed offended by it. Looking over the posts again, I find that Verna is quoting someone else to explain the meaning of your post (I think). But at first read, it seemed like she was scolding you for your original post.

I like pondering biblical symbolism. I'm a very symbolic thinker.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,411,941 times
A lamb often strays from the flock and easily becomes prey by the wolves and other predators. As the lamb grows up (matures) he is like the lions loud roar and fearlessness of all predators who try to attack him. And he naps in peaceful "sonshine" while the predators turn away in bewilderment and shame.

Great thread Hot.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,155,246 times
Be of sober Spirit, be on the alert.

"Your adversary, the accuser, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

... barring any explanation as to the meaning of course.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:43 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,397,835 times
There are no perfect men, just perfect intentions

Old 01-15-2011, 01:04 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,038,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
There are no perfect men, just perfect intentions
Sciota do think God has perfect intentions ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity