U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you going to accept this challenge?
Yes 3 60.00%
No 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:47 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,593,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Those were just a couple of examples and I still stand by what I said, it's doesn't get any clearer when you actually study it out. That's my suggestion to you. Now back to the OP, this is off topic and turning into a UR/ET debate.
Ilene I didn't see anyone of us mention ET, but only judgement, untill you and the next guy did. Hey that's ok though I understand and I have no hard feelings against you.

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do" ... but do they?

Old 01-16-2011, 06:52 PM

6,623 posts, read 7,634,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Ilene I didn't see anyone of us mention ET, but only judgement, untill you and the next guy did. Hey that's ok though I understand and I have no hard feelings against you.
What comes after the judgment for those that believe differently than you do, in your opinion?

That's what I thought.......

In the end, that's what it's all about.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,441,471 times

Sigh.......

Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 PM

7,794 posts, read 10,492,545 times
Quote:
Now back to the OP, this is off topic and turning into a UR/ET debate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Would it make you happy if everyone other than a select few burned in hell?
Folks, for those who need to, please re-read the OP. This thread needs to get back to and remain on topic, otherwise it will have to be closed, and June has no desire to have to close this thread.

Thanks, all!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
What comes after the judgment for those that believe differently than you do, in your opinion?

That's what I thought.......

In the end, that's what it's all about.
Moderator cut: deleted

I think we all should pray right now about this. Seriously. I believe you are my brethren and would hope this doesn't turn out to be the perfect example of one of my first posts on this thread.

Peace to you.

Yes, we should get back to the OP. Thanks June... and Ilene.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2011 at 09:51 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I'd like to challenge us all in being more productive for God and allow him to reveal his LOVE through us.
This is what ALL of us are trying to do. With respect to all those who consider themselves part of the Christian faith, are you capable of understanding that there will always be differences of opinions?

Quote:
Please allow me to peacefully shake the dust off my feet, and say goodbye to the religion, philosophy, and Christianity section of the forum then.
A slight difference of opinion and we get a post like this?

Quote:
Whoa, wait.....what? You're going to leave just because I'm a Universalist or is there something I'm missing? You might want to look at your "testimony" thread before you leave.
I thought your post was productive, but I guess others think differently.

Quote:
When you have no conviction of sin, it's higly likely you have no Holy Spirit.
How is this not supposed to start a debate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think I heard universalism mentioned only once at church in Bible study when we talked about false teachings in general, and even then it was mentioned only among many other false teachings. I think the watered down liberal teachings are a biggest reason that keeps people from having a personal relationship with God.
How is this not supposed to start a debate?

Quote:
I promise you... Satan's biggest weapon these days is passing out a liscense to sin and taking repentence out of the gospel. This is very easy to do to Christians who don't pray, read the word, and worship... in earnest.
You want everyone to get along, but at the same time (through progressive posts), you are telling others that their belief in Christ is not accurate. How can discussion evolve without compromise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Folks, for those who need to, please re-read the OP. This thread needs to get back to and remain on topic, otherwise it will have to be closed, and June has no desire to have to close this thread.

Thanks, all!
I read the OP. There is always going to be disagreement when it comes to the scripture. I understand O-Ducky's stance, but how are people supposed to reply without a difference of opinion?

Old 01-16-2011, 07:21 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,793,741 times
Quote:

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do" ... but do they?
You know, I don't like your tone or attitude. You started this thread about being productive but all I see you producing is animosity and sarcasm. You were totally fine with me until you found out I was a Universalist and now I'm just trash to you. That speaks volumes to me about who you really are and you do not, like you proclaim, view me as a sister in Christ. Moderator cut: deleted Love God and each other.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2011 at 09:54 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
You know, I don't like your tone or attitude. You started this thread about being productive but all I see you producing is animosity and sarcasm. You were totally fine with me until you found out I was a Universalist and now I'm just trash to you. That speaks volumes to me about who you really are and you do not, like you proclaim, view me as a sister in Christ. You're a hypocrite, the worst kind of fundie who has no heart for anyone other than someone who agrees with you. Love God and each other.

Ok.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I also said I'm not against debate as long as it's in love. If me and you were face to face that would be easy, I understand, this is the internet and it's hard to not come accross rude or take people the wrong way. But this thread is just an encouragement and challenge for all of us "believers" to try our best and love each other and not show our frustration when someone dissagrees. That what brothers and sisters do.

^ that was to ditchlights.
Just for the record - I'm NOT a committed Universalist. I have questions in my faith, and I DO respect all outlooks. I'm finding my way, if you will. I'm not looking to argue with you. I feel that you started this thread with good intentions, yet you are not open to beliefs that differ from your's. I understand this. It is not uncommon for fundamentalist Christians to strike back at people who question their doctrine.

But please understand, you cannot start a thread like this without acknowledging that others have different views. And with those different views come discussions which will heat up the landscape.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 PM

It's ok she's just venting and I understand why. She does care and I appreciate that. May the Holy Spirit use this for the good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or