Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 10:54 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God's Word is perfect, see my last post to you. Adam was still being made. And every part of that work along the way is Perfect. But this doesn't mean that Adam was perfect if we stop where he was at. Adam was NOT perfect but he WILL BE.
You are contradicting yourself.

You say, every part of that work along the way is perfect.

Start/perfect---------------------------------end/perfect.

Stop at any point along that line and Adam is perfect according to your words.

Then ""this doesn't mean that Adam was perfect if we stop where he was at.""

Now you are saying, stop at any point and he is not.

Clear it up please.

I do not wholly disagree and would call it evolving perfection but your logic is screwy.

Quote:
And yes Satan was created and for His pleasure. Satan is bringing about the contrast of man understanding understanding the difference between Good and Evil. If Evil never existed then Goodness has less significance. Therefore, the creation of EVIL is GOOD!
Satan is not required to bring understanding of good and evil. With knowledge of life and the formula God gave of good and evil, one does not need to kill to know that killing is wrong or evil.
He may have insured the eating of the tree of knowledge but the actual knowledge required was in the tree.

Note that they remained innocent while listening to the snake and did not realize they were naked and knew shame till after. Interesting to note that they felt shame at nakedness but not at eating of the fruit or disobeying God's stupid command that basically said, stay as dumb as cows.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
No the scriptures are not wrong. They are made to bring about two meanings. The meaning of contradiction and error to those that don't seek to believe and the meaning of amazement and joy of mysteries revealed to those that do seek Him. See if there was not people that thought His scriptures were error filled and fables then those of us that found the real Truth would not have realized HOW precious the revelation of those mysteries are.
So then to you, the churches and those who are the hierarchy of the Abrahamic religions are teaching a fall and they are all wrong. Right?

Regards
DL

Old 01-20-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Also, here is another one:

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

To the person that doesn't seek to know God, they will think that is horrible but to those of us that have been given to know Him, we understand and appreciate how wonderful His creation of Evil really is.
Hello my fellow Gnostic Christian.
Pleased to meet you. There are few of us around.
You are aware that that is what you are or are becoming. Right?

Regards
DL

Old 01-20-2011, 11:20 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post

Regards
DL
What does anything Trettep has said have to do with gnosticism?

In what sense do you use the word gnostic?

Old 01-20-2011, 11:43 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
How nice then Adam did as God wanted. Produced good.

So why punish the hell out of him with all kings of punishments that Adam did not know about. And why did God hide the benefits that you speak of from him?

Do you punish your children for doing the right thing and becoming more like you?

Regards
DL
Because the punishment will result in more Good.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Satan is not required to bring understanding of good and evil. With knowledge of life and the formula God gave of good and evil, one does not need to kill to know that killing is wrong or evil.
He may have insured the eating of the tree of knowledge but the actual knowledge required was in the tree.

Note that they remained innocent while listening to the snake and did not realize they were naked and knew shame till after. Interesting to note that they felt shame at nakedness but not at eating of the fruit or disobeying God's stupid command that basically said, stay as dumb as cows.

Regards
DL
DL what you don't realize is that your comment here that I'm replying to was intended to say EXACTLY what it says and you response to me saying this is EXACTLY as it is intended to be. God is in complete control. When you make this anti-Christian type of statement, it was intended by God that you make them. If it was not intended by God for you to make them - then you wouldn't and couldn't.

You can't know how Good really is until you know Evil. I can't really know how good it is to be in Christ without knowing people who are anti-christ which included me.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
So then to you, the churches and those who are the hierarchy of the Abrahamic religions are teaching a fall and they are all wrong. Right?

Regards
DL
Not sure what you mean by teaching a fall. Please elaborate.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:

Regards
DL
I don't know what a "Gnostic" Christian is. I have heard the term many times. I once think I looked it up and it means something who believes in secret teachings or such. If that is what it means then if I believe in something then it is no longer secret to me. So I may have the meaning all wrong. All I know is what the Word of God teaches me by the Holy Spirit.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
What does anything Trettep has said have to do with gnosticism?

In what sense do you use the word gnostic?

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white”

William Blake

This quote is a hallmark of Gnostic Christian thinking.

Where Christians see Genesis and Eden as a failure for God in starting mankind off on the right foot, Gnostics see it as a successful beginning.

Christians will not admit this even as almost none of them say that they would give up their moral sense or stop Eve.
They still, even after admitting that, call it a fall. They just will not call it the elevation that it was just because dogma calls it a fall.

This thinking is more of the old Jewish and Hebrew version where they saw Satan, not as an evil entity, but more as God's loyal opposition.

That thinking keeps God as a winer in both heaven and earth and in control instead of having him fail in both heaven and earth.

Silly Christian thinking then progresses to the retarded position that all of nature is flawed thanks to God cursing the ground and giving Adams progeny original sin.

That sets up the believers on a guilt trip that must be assuaged by the hierarchy of the church where they pay through the nose for salvation.

The Gnostic take was that everything was fine and no hierarchy is required as all of us carry God within us and have no need of priests and deacons for salvation.

Some say and I think rightly so, that Jesus the man, was a Gnostic. He often spoke of the body as the temple of God.

The early church won Constantine's heart because their policies were more tunes to social manipulation and control than the more free wheeling Gnostics who were hunted and killed and had their scriptures burned by the early church. They were considered the intelligentsia of the mystery schools and arrogant. That may have had something to do with the hate that they faced. They would not kowtow to the other Christian sects.

Regards
DL

Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by teaching a fall. Please elaborate.
Please read post 99.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity