Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 09:52 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Yes, I agree with sciotamicks here. I don't why people claim Adam was perfect. Everyone shows that was not the case.
Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Oh my. God the perfect tree brought forth corrupt fruit/man.

Oh well. God is a loser I guess.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Satan was perfect, until he rebelled -- and so was Adam. God's will did not succeed in these creatures because God limits Himself by giving His creation free will. God is the one who limits Himself because He offers the alternative to serving Him.

Conversely, 2/3 rds of His angels remained obedient. Also, Jesus, when He took on the flesh, remained obedient to the Father's will. As Jesus was faced with the crucifixion, His emotions and feelings did not want to go through with the horror that was before Him; but, in obedience, He pushed His feelings aside and rose up in divine love, which leads to obedience, to carry out the Father's will. Now, He sits at the right hand of the Father in glory.
Jesus is then sitting beside himself if the Trinity concept is true.
Smooth.
He also broke the first commandment. Only threw me bla bla.

Regards
DL

Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Satan was never perfect and neither was Adam.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So as you can see, God's Word shows that Satan was a murderer from the very beginning.

But think about it. If Satan was perfect at one time, then what/who tempted him to be imperfect?
Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect:

Is that quote a lie?

Colossians 1:15-17
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This above says that God not only created Satan but he did so for his pleasure.

What pleasure is Satan bringing to God?

Regards
DL

Last edited by Greatest I am; 01-20-2011 at 10:36 AM..

Old 01-20-2011, 10:12 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Oh my. God the perfect tree brought forth corrupt fruit/man.

Oh well. God is a loser I guess.

Regards
DL
On the contrary from God's Perspective if we think about the fruit He is producing then Adam's sin is GOOD because God is producing His own kind and His own kind had to acquire the knowledge of Good and Evil. But then Adam has no excuse - Adam produced evil. But God allowed Evil to be produced through Adam for the purpose of Good.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Adam was created in the image of God ... who is perfect.
Adam and Eve were once perfect and had a choice.
Adam and Eve fell because they chose evil.
What is evil about gaining the knowledge that made them more like God?

Scripture urges us to seek the perfection of God and that is exactly what they did.

Is scripture wrong to urge us to be like God?

Regards
DL

Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Is that quote a lie?

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
God's Word is perfect, see my last post to you. Adam was still being made. And every part of that work along the way is Perfect. But this doesn't mean that Adam was perfect if we stop where he was at. Adam was NOT perfect but he WILL BE.

And yes Satan was created and for His pleasure. Satan is bringing about the contrast of man understanding understanding the difference between Good and Evil. If Evil never existed then Goodness has less significance. Therefore, the creation of EVIL is GOOD!

Old 01-20-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
What is evil about gaining the knowledge that made them more like God?

Scripture urges us to seek the perfection of God and that is exactly what they did.

Is scripture wrong to urge us to be like God?

Regards
DL
No the scriptures are not wrong. They are made to bring about two meanings. The meaning of contradiction and error to those that don't seek to believe and the meaning of amazement and joy of mysteries revealed to those that do seek Him. See if there was not people that thought His scriptures were error filled and fables then those of us that found the real Truth would not have realized HOW precious the revelation of those mysteries are.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Is that quote a lie?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Also, here is another one:

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

To the person that doesn't seek to know God, they will think that is horrible but to those of us that have been given to know Him, we understand and appreciate how wonderful His creation of Evil really is.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
To give them a choice. To act...freely. To bring about Christ. So that we, can choose freely, Christ's work.
Was it a free choice with a supernatural being there urging them to eat of it and giving them true information, like their eyes would be opened, that God had conveniently omitted.

Would you instruct your child not to do something and then leave them with an adult that you knew would tempt them?

When your child does get tempted, will you then add on a slew of punishments that they did not know about over and above what you had stated?

That is what God did.

Regards
DL

Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
On the contrary from God's Perspective if we think about the fruit He is producing then Adam's sin is GOOD because God is producing His own kind and His own kind had to acquire the knowledge of Good and Evil. But then Adam has no excuse - Adam produced evil. But God allowed Evil to be produced through Adam for the purpose of Good.
How nice then Adam did as God wanted. Produced good.

So why punish the hell out of him with all kings of punishments that Adam did not know about. And why did God hide the benefits that you speak of from him?

Do you punish your children for doing the right thing and becoming more like you?

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity