U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 PM

6,234 posts, read 9,541,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
allen...just a question.do you think you can bring anyone around to your way of thinking if you set yourself apart from them? Jesus didn't do that..but to draw a line in the sand with others means it is very hard for them to see your side of the fence.that's why it's important to get along with others,even when you disagree.I've seen this on so many forums,and only a few actually 'get it'.JAT.I'm not critisizing you,I just want to give you something to consider.
I don't want to consider it. Because what your way is thinking is deluded and not from God. You want to spread a prosperity gospel which is false. You might as well not spread it at all! I cannot believe your talking to me about "getting it" when none of you have "got it" yourselves even after practically your whole lives as Christians. I REFUSE to spread the lukewarm word of God. Absolutely refuse. He is coming soon! What part of that don't you people understand?! Jazzymom's nation Israel became a nation in 1948!! And now earthquakes are happening literally everywhere and famines and pestilances are on the rise and there is rumors ABOUND that we're about to head into a war. There is not anytime left! We need to get people saved and get them the REAL word!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 11:46 PM

5,743 posts, read 4,595,638 times
Being loving is not "lukewarm".

Old 01-15-2011, 11:51 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,227,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You can't be this dunce. Your book is the Torah. And although the Torah may contain some of the word of God in it, it does not have the FULL word of God, therefore it does not have the truth!!
nonetheless,God still has a convenant with the Jews and with the nation of Israel,an we are to stand behind them, support them and be friends with them.I try to do this in a non-judgmental way.I also donate to causes that help Israel (such as the recent Carmel fires).remember that God says He will bless those who bless Israel...this is not why I do it though.I do it as God's command.
as for Israel being saved....all in due time.It's all in God's plan.He does not forget.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:52 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,305,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Umm... this isn't a battleground! It's a forum where people can argue and debate and learn and listen and talk and make friends! We may fight but we don't hate anyone. Sure, insults may be hurled - but no ill will is really meant. It's not real life.
It's starting to sound a little scary on here... Should I lock my doors?

Yes but make sure you have a supply of beer.......

Old 01-15-2011, 11:54 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,176,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yes but make sure you have a supply of beer.......
We do because people keep bringing it over and we don't drink very often!!! It's actually taking up the fridge! We try to pawn off beers on everyone who comes over! Wanna come over?

8,830 posts, read 9,764,479 times
Quote:
Okay I was little out of line with that. I shouldn't have said that. I apologize. You are older than me and I do try to respect my elders. But you were as well saying that I am so close to Atheism blah blah blah. You know that was a total lie.
No Allen I didn't say you were close to Atheism I said you were afraid of it, that's all. There is no reason to fear when you are grounded in your faith, which you most certainly are but you're not showing the love of Christ in your posts. That's all I'm saying. And thanks for apologizing.

1,492 posts, read 2,227,695 times
Quote:
I don't want to consider it. Because what your way is thinking is deluded and not from God. You want to spread a prosperity gospel which is false. You might as well not spread it at all! I cannot believe your talking to me about "getting it" when none of you have "got it" yourselves even after practically your whole lives as Christians. I REFUSE to spread the lukewarm word of God. Absolutely refuse. He is coming soon! What part of that don't you people understand?! Jazzymom's nation Israel became a nation in 1948!! And now earthquakes are happening literally everywhere and famines and pestilances are on the rise and there is rumors ABOUND that we're about to head into a war. There is not anytime left! We need to get people saved and get them the REAL word!
I'm not talking about your specific beliefs,I'm talking about the importance of getting along with other posters.It benefits no one and brings no one to your way of thinking if you decide not to get along with them.

Quote:
nonetheless,God still has a convenant with the Jews and with the nation of Israel,an we are to stand behind them, support them and be friends with them.I try to do this in a non-judgmental way.I also donate to causes that help Israel (such as the recent Carmel fires).remember that God says He will bless those who bless Israel...this is not why I do it though.I do it as God's command.
as for Israel beig saved....all in due time.It's all in God's plan.He does not forget.
Oh absolutely. Believe me, I know!! I even have a friend from Israel I contact with every other week. He tells me all about Israel and what a great country it is. But the irony is...He's an Agnostic Jew. And very...much like Jazzymom. Let's say that much. I try not to get into argument with him but he doesn't want to listen to anything I have to say about the Bible and prophecies concerning his own country. Oh well. What else is new in this world?!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:55 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,287,463 times
Quote:
I don't want to consider it.
Yep, closed, batten down the hatches, set condition Zebra (Navy lingo for make the ship watertight)

Old 01-15-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about your specific beliefs,I'm talking about the importance of getting along with other posters.It benefits no one and brings no one to your way of thinking if you decide not to get along with them.
But do you not understand that most of these posters have already MADE their decision who they wish to worship?! They are not changing anytime soon so what is the point if they are just being rude and mean and for us to sit back and take it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or