Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:10 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times

Advertisements

And there is a completely closed mind, to the determent of the owner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
My question is why on earth do you care what goes on around here? It's quite clear to me after reading countless post by you that you don't care about any issue that has to do with Christianity. Based on the type of threads you have created and the way you responded, I have come to the conclusion that you are a baiter and an antagonist. Looking for a fight and to start controversies whenever you can. I mean, what is the real point of your questions? You ask us something then proceed to mock us for our responses. You criticize and judge us for our beliefs and then the next day, you turn around and do the same thing as if the issues you had has been resolved even though it hasn't. So my thing is, I want to know why your here and what you want. I see right through people's BS. And so far, I won't say what your doing is BS but it sure seems like it. The last time I tried to address all Atheist on this matter, I was surprised my fellow Christians attacked me for it. Perhaps I didn't word it right. But now after observing you for some time, to me, your intentions are screwed up and not for good purposes. It doesn't seem like you wish to learn anything. It seems more like you have an itch on your shoulders and you want to take it out on us. Like most Atheist do. I can name several who do the same things. If that is your intention, you can take your frustrations and grievances to the Atheist forum which would serve you much better and be around people more to your linking and mentality.
He just asks questions and that is a good thing. We should all think about what we believe because not everyone believes the same thing yet many of us believe in the same
G-d.

Who says those who come to this forum really want to learn anything? I often come over here and leave shaking my head at what I have read because it often is full of the antigonism you are accusing him of.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:20 PM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I have a profound respect for all of the atheists here and you should too. We're all at different levels of our searching and Insane is here to find something concrete, which we can't give him. The best we can do is let the love of Christ shine through us and not act like they are pure evil and of the devil. Because I sincerely do not believe that they are. I guess I am an optimist and constantly see the good in people, even Jeffry Dahmer. I remember watching an interview with him before he died and thinking.....he can't help it. There's some inherent evil in him and he just can't control it. Evil and good are here, like it or not. You just need to learn how to distinguish between the two and not be so judgmental, that's not your job.

Your job is to be a good witness, and love everyone. And that includes atheists, my friend. Love God and each other, remember?
Really nice post, Ilene..

Old 01-15-2011, 10:24 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,135,660 times
And I thought religion was suppose to bring peace and comfort to those who believed.
Boy was I wrong!!! (wouldn't be the first time)

Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,055 times
Quote:
I know FB, you've been dealing with this way longer than I have. Thank you for all your support and I hope you're right about the times changing and the age of reason....I would like to make the landing softer for those who have the guts to speak up and admit they are having doubts. Doubts lead to the truth.

Your welcome SC, we have to stick together through all of this doubt and confusion and help each other, not bicker and fight about the minuscule stuff that really has no bearing on anything, especially salvation.
amen

Old 01-15-2011, 10:36 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,612,989 times
Quote:
I have a profound respect for all of the atheists here and you should too. We're all at different levels of our searching and Insane is here to find something concrete, which we can't give him. The best we can do is let the love of Christ shine through us and not act like they are pure evil and of the devil. Because I sincerely do not believe that they are. I guess I am an optimist and constantly see the good in people, even Jeffry Dahmer. I remember watching an interview with him before he died and thinking.....he can't help it. There's some inherent evil in him and he just can't control it. Evil and good are here, like it or not. You just need to learn how to distinguish between the two and not be so judgmental, that's not your job.
So your telling me that you have respect for them even though they have no respect for you?? I'm sorry but that's not it works in my hood and where I grew up. If someone disrespected you, they gets no respect. Period. I will never respect anyone that talks about me and what I believe behind my back and the wants to come back and ask me questions like their innocent. You must be kidding me.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:39 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times
Quote:
So your telling me that you have respect for them even though they have no respect for you?? I'm sorry but that's not it works in my hood and where I grew up. If someone disrespected you, they gets no respect. Period. I will never respect anyone that talks about me and what I believe behind my back and the wants to come back and ask me questions like their innocent. You must be kidding me.
No I'm not kidding you, you didn't quote what I said at the end.....LOVE God and each other. That doesn't mean just your own kind Allen, that means EVERYONE. You are not showing Christ at all.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:41 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,055 times
allen...just a question.do you think you can bring anyone around to your way of thinking if you set yourself apart from them? Jesus didn't do that..but to draw a line in the sand with others means it is very hard for them to see your side of the fence.that's why it's important to get along with others,even when you disagree.I've seen this on so many forums,and only a few actually 'get it'.JAT.I'm not critisizing you,I just want to give you something to consider.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:41 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,612,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I am not nearly as active arguing with Campbell as others are, but those are a bit funny for the most part. I tend not to argue about my religion because I don't have anything to prove nor am I looking for converts... And my book happens to be your book too.... So are you saying your book is wrong???
I do tend to shake my head at the way you all argue over here... It does give me a chuckle...
You can't be this dunce. Your book is the Torah. And although the Torah may contain some of the word of God in it, it does not have the FULL word of God, therefore it does not have the truth!!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:43 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,330 times
Quote:
You can't be this dunce. Your book is the Torah. And although the Torah may contain some of the word of God in it, it does not have the FULL word of God, therefore it does not have the truth!! Smack yourself.
You just love name calling..... Sooooooo funny.....

Anyway yes it is according to my tradition....

Such Christian love you show........Tisk tisk....

but my book is the whole Hebrew Scripture, not just the Torah.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity