U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 11:56 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,587,052 times

Advertisements

So I was just sitting here sharpening my sword that God gave me today, and I thought, "is it ok to share this with others on the Christianity forum?" He said, "Weeell OOOOO kkkk... just this once. It would be highly beneficial for them who see to memorize this sword."

Note - pay close attention when you get to the part about casting out demons and authority!!!

2 Peter 1:4-9

And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with LOVE FOR EVERYONE. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop in this way are shortsighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins.
1 Peter 1:13-16
So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
John 15:18-19
If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.
Matthew 5:11-12
God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.
Luke 10:17-20
When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, “Lord, even the DEMONS OBEY US WHEN WE USE YOUR NAME!” “Yes,” he told them, “I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning! Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. But don’t rejoice because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered in heaven.”

Thank you Yahushua!!!

I copied this from a word document - No link applicable of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 02:28 PM

17,797 posts, read 8,901,206 times
"The sword of the Spirit is sharper than any word of men, piercing deep within the heart of the matter; it's not demonic, if you get the point."

Old 01-16-2011, 02:34 PM

58,534 posts, read 31,926,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.
Indeed. I have been called all kinds of names here, but I guess that is just a part of being a believer.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-16-2011 at 03:02 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed. I have been called all kinds of names here, but I guess that is just a part of being a believers.
Yes indeed! It's so funny how God can use even persecution to lift your spirit. When I read that this morning it was like WOW... "God you just told me that I have a great reward in Heaven". How awesome is that? Satan's tricks and traps that are supposed to be used against you can accually be turned into a blessing. You can't curse something that God blesses.

And you know what. Honestly, not to let my left hand know about what my right hand is doing, or blow the trumpet, but this morning was an intense prayer time for me... and then this happens. Wow, God is so awesome. If we don't cry out to God in prayer we will fall right into Satan's traps. But if we continuously pray, everything just falls into place.

I reallly appreciate your position on prayer. I saw that in the other thread.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"The sword of the Spirit is sharper than any word of men, piercing deep within the heart of the matter; it's not demonic, if you get the point."
Sorry, no I didn't accually get the point of your post. Did you get my point?

I guess the main point is that the Word of God is very powerfull, and so is his name.

In acts we see that they were desperately trying to stop the disciples from using the name Yahushua. There was just something about saying that name they didn't like too much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against saying the name Jesus but me personally ever since I found out the correct pronunciation I love to say it. But I say both, so as not to come accross as a name legalist. I do passionately love the name Yahushua though.

Why do I believe this is the correct pronunciation? Because there are also many other Hebrew names that start with Yahu, such as my name Shawn, which is the same name as John, comes from the Hebrew name Yahuchannon. It's no debate the last part is "shua". Yeshua, Yahushua, probably same difference though.

I often wonder about that certain website, if you know what I mean. I won't call it out but it's highly likely its a deliberate taking God's name in vain. God's name is Yahua. Makes since to me.

Anyway, yeah, that was the main point. Any questions?

Last edited by O-Ducky; 01-17-2011 at 12:36 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 01:26 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,047,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Yes indeed! It's so funny how God can use even persecution to lift your spirit. When I read that this morning it was like WOW... "God you just told me that I have a great reward in Heaven". How awesome is that? Satan's tricks and traps that are supposed to be used against you can accually be turned into a blessing. You can't curse something that God blesses.

And you know what. Honestly, not to let my left hand know about what my right hand is doing, or blow the trumpet, but this morning was an intense prayer time for me... and then this happens. Wow, God is so awesome. If we don't cry out to God in prayer we will fall right into Satan's traps. But if we continuously pray, everything just falls into place.

I reallly appreciate your position on prayer. I saw that in the other thread.
AMEN, O-Ducky !! Yes, the Lord will turn everything into blessings and for the good in our lives !

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Rom.8:28)

One of my favorite Psalms the Lord has given to me many, many times in my journey with Him, reminding me, I am His...... no matter what satan will throw my way.

Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[a]
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

Blessings to you, my friend !!!

Old 01-17-2011, 03:56 PM

Awesome Psalm! I will be meditating on that, thanks brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity