Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This does not apply to unbelievers!

Not only to test the works, but to test what a person faith was placed on.

gold, silver, costly stones, resemble the faiths that held Jesus as precious

wood, hay or straw, resemble the faiths that held Jesus not as precious

There are several important things to keep in mind:
  • Faith is what saves .... from the most precious to the least precious.
  • God looks for any hint of true faith "to save those who believes" before a person can not escape the flames of hell
    • "a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,"Matthew 12:20
    • If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.
Faith in Christ is the foundation. Unbelievers do not have faith in Christ and therefore they cannot build on the foundation of Christ, and all their works, even good works, are worthless.

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:42 PM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Faith in Christ is the foundation. Unbelievers do not have faith in Christ and therefore they cannot build on the foundation of Christ, and all their works, even good works, are worthless.

And what did Christ represent, if not LOVE?
Building on a foundation of love is what I see here...
Buliding on a foundation of anything other than love is what is "worthless.."

just thinking out loud.
off to work...
peace,
sparrow

Old 01-17-2011, 12:52 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,692,543 times
Quote:

"Faith is stronger than belief. To believe is to give intellectual assent; to have faith is to be inseparable from the object of your devotion. Belief can be changed or lost by a more persuasive argument. True faith is so much a part of the person it can only be taken by death." - Rick Joyner

Old 01-17-2011, 12:54 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen.... Twin !! Faith is such an important and big part of the believer life.

It is awesome to experience individuals God has so filled up with His Spirit (sanctified) that everything they say and do is by faith and nothing of the old man..... you sense nothing but the presence of Christ in and through their lives....

"When we are abiding in Christ, even as He and the Father are one, so we become one with Him. - Francis Frangipane"

Therefore when an individual is one with the Father......
there will no longer be straw and wood come forth from that life for Him to burn up, amen, just like you said,
"gold, silver, costly stones, resemble the faiths that held Jesus as precious," amen !!!

"If you dominate yourself with the truths of His Word and get beyond the natural limitations of your five senses, you can start releasing the supernatural life that's inside you. - Andrew Wommack"
Double amen!!

We shall be to shall be of the company of saints joyous over the victory that is now ours.

For God in his pleasure and his wisdom will save those who believe

Old 01-17-2011, 12:58 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:

John 5:24
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned;

Old 01-17-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

just thinking out loud.
off to work...
peace,
sparrow
It is is sweet to always mention that, but God does consider other "ingredients".

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,566,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

just thinking out loud.
off to work...
peace,
sparrow
Short but profound post sparrow!

Old 01-17-2011, 03:59 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,566,526 times
Quote:
It is is sweet to always mention that, but God does consider other "ingredients".

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
With due respect Finn...in my case...he found me when I was lost!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
With due respect Finn...in my case...he found me when I was lost!
I am glad you answered His calling.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
It is is sweet to always mention that,

Finn... you are misunderstanding. You are not understanding what love is, I think. Otherwise there is no way you would say that "It is sweet to always mention that".

Love is the MOST POWERFUL thing in this universe.
There is nothing more powerful than LOVE.
God IS LOVE, brother.

Love is the most PROFOUND thing a human being can ponder.
When a human being ponders LOVE, He is, in fact pondering the one who created him. He is pondering God.

Many misunderstand "LOVE" I think.
It is EVERYTHING.
The MOST POWERFUL thing.
Nothing is more powerful.

peace,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity