Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times

Advertisements

Well, until I read the last post from Miss Blue I was beginning to wonder if I entered a circle of people on LSD! I had absolutely no idea hat was going on or what these weird posts were about.

I can undestand the reasoning, though. The Religion and Atheist forums are a never-ending battle of contention. There are people who only want to cause upsets with remarks that offer no constructive words, and it's sometimes enough to ruin a thread. I go through "spells" with these particular forums, then I stop for a long while. Forums aren't worth the elevation in blood-pressure.

But my own recent battle was in a totally different forum. I've thought taking a breather from all of City-Data for awhile.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
There appears to be a double-standard on this forum.
One group can say what they want, while the other is censored as being rude?

(I guess, it's just a matter of perception?)

Must be time for me to move on as well.
Peace be with you ALL!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There appears to be a double-standard on this forum.
One group can say what they want, while the other is censored as being rude?

(I guess, it's just a matter of perception?)

Must be time for me to move on as well.
Peace be with you ALL!
Hold up, Jerwade . . . you may be misinterpreting something. It is largely a measure of who complains the most (squeaky wheel/oil). The Fundies and mainstream are the loudest and most consistent complainers. We tend to be more laid back and don't report them.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hold up, Jerwade . . . you may be misinterpreting something. It is largely a measure of who complains the most (squeaky wheel/oil).
The Fundies and mainstream are the loudest and most consistent complainers. We tend to be more laid back and don't report them.

And it appears, that they can say what they want, whereas, if you respond, then a thread is closed?
Unless of course, you don't say anything at all in response to their arrogance, which is quite offensive in and of itself.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:56 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
As both moderators have now looked at this thread, it will (for the time being) remained closed.

Discussion of moderator actions taken are not allowed, per the Terms of Service. More importantly, however, the moderators of this forum are NOT inclined, whatsoever, to take on one side or the other when it comes to denominatinal debates. All are welcome to post, and are encouraged to do so. We simply adhere to, and apply the Terms of Service.

Hope that all posting on this thread understand the above, and that there is and has absolutely no ill content in the decision on the part of both moderators to leave this thread temporarily closed.

~June

Please use DM feature for any questions. Thanks!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity