U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:30 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,307,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
A Jew would not call a Gentile...ben adam...it is just that simple...
Why do you say that? The Hebrew language of the Bible [written by Jews] calls the seed of Adam "ben Adam" many multiples of times.
Then, in the genealogies of the NT, all the patriarchs are called "sons of Adam", who was "son of God".

It is just that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 05:15 PM

37,545 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
This is just troubling that you see your god like this. I'm supposed to be impressed and want something to do with this character? Man, you might want to really reconsider your views if you can't see something wrong with this.
Eusebius' fundy logic is like saying we make our children so they would not know anything on purpose . . . so they would have to be taught to become adults.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,437,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
God created Adam and Eve flesh and soulish to begin with. That is a recipe for disaster. He did it on purpose so Adam could not please God (see Romans 8) and that Adam would not understand that which is of the spirit of God . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
This is just troubling that you see your god like this. I'm supposed to be impressed and want something to do with this character? Man, you might want to really reconsider your views if you can't see something wrong with this.
Heck, that's nothing. God made sure Judas would give up His perfect Son. God also made sure the Jews would arrest His perfect Son and make sure he was crucified. Yet these actors in the great play did their part not knowing that their very acts would bring about their own salvation.

Satan entered into Judas' heart and caused him to give up God's perfect Son little knowing his (Satan's) evil act would cause the very thing he (Satan) was trying to thwart: Jesus taking over his kingdom.

They all had to fulfill His predetermined will in giving up His perfect Son.

And yet as evil as this all sounds, the very salvation of the universe will be brought about by this most evil act.

Only God in His wonderful love and wisdom could accomplish His goal this way.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Eusebius' fundy logic is like saying we make our children so they would not know anything on purpose . . . so they would have to be taught to become adults.
That is a misrepresentation of my belief. I realize you don't care if you misrepresent me since it furthers your agenda but that still doesn't make it right to do so.

What you should have said would be something like this:

Eusebius' logic is like saying God brings evil that good may come and in that sense human parents bring evil to their children like spankings so that the good of maturing them will come.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is a misrepresentation of my belief. I realize you don't care if you misrepresent me since it furthers your agenda but that still doesn't make it right to do so.
I did not misrepresent your view, Eusebius . . . you said: "He did it on purpose so Adam could not please God." That is absurd. Ignorance of good/evil is an automatic condition of newborns (or newly created) . . . not a DELIBERATE act to prevent pleasing God! Eden was our first lesson.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,374,504 times
Quote:
I did not misrepresent your view, Eusebius . . . you said: "He did it on purpose so Adam could not please God." That is absurd. Ignorance of good/evil is an automatic condition of newborns (or newly created) . . . not a DELIBERATE act to prevent pleasing God! Eden was our first lesson.
Amen!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Of course you did misrepresent my views.

God created Adam flesh and soulish. Do you think God is sooooo stupid that he created Adam flesh and soulish and one day, thousands of years later, gave the revelation to Paul in Romans 8 that "flesh is not able to please God" and after God revealed that to Paul He all of a sudden thought: "Hey, I created Adam flesh but I was too stupid to know it would cause Him not to be able to please me"?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Of course you did misrepresent my views.

God created Adam flesh and soulish. Do you think God is sooooo stupid that he created Adam flesh and soulish and one day, thousands of years later, gave the revelation to Paul in Romans 8 that "flesh is not able to please God" and after God revealed that to Paul He all of a sudden thought: "Hey, I created Adam flesh but I was too stupid to know it would cause Him not to be able to please me"?
::Sigh:: Since you seem to sincerely feel that i misrepresented your views . . . I offer my apologies, brother . . . but it is how I see it. I am sorry I broke my resolve to agree to disagree because our intellectual understanding is so far apart. Forgive me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity