U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:42 AM

880 posts, read 1,700,717 times

Advertisements

DUCKY
You say he's coming so is Santa Claus.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,748,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Geology of Israel within the Biblical Creation-Flood Framework of History: 2. The Flood Rocks
by Dr. Andrew Snelling
December 15, 2010
The Geology of Israel within the Biblical Creation-Flood Framework of History: 2. The Flood Rocks - Answers in Genesis

This article lays out the facts of the flood of Noah's day with real science unlike what the atheists say.
No offense, Eusebius, but when I see a site using words like this:

Quote:
As the land of the Bible, the geology of Israel is the setting for the unfolding post-Flood account of God’s plan for our salvation.
I get a little uncomfortable because I know this is what they are going to do (see right side of cartoon):

http://www.cognitive-edge.com/blogs/dave/ca230_1trever-1.gif (broken link)

Old 01-19-2011, 08:11 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,516,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
DUCKY
You say he's coming so is Santa Claus.
Now we know it is **possible** stevej64
  1. has mental problems
  2. is on drugs
  3. is mentally incompetent (same as mental problems)
  4. is under the age of, oh, approximately four
  5. has reality issues
to name but a few.

Now I'm just saying the above 5 points are **possibilities.** I will have to await Steve's answer to my question at the end of this post to make my final analysis of his mental condition.

For instance, we know, at least most of the worlds mature population does know, that Santa Claus is another name for Saint Nicholas. According to Wikipedia:

Saint Nicholas of Myra is the primary inspiration for the Christian figure of
Sinterklaas. He was a 4th century Greek Christian bishop of Myra (now
Demre) in Lycia, a province of the Byzantine Anatolia, now in Turkey.
Nicholas was famous for his generous gifts to the poor, in particular
presenting the three impoverished daughters of a pious Christian with
dowries so that they would not have to become prostitutes.[8] He was
very religious from an early age and devoted his life entirely to
Christianity."

We, at least people of a good mind, know Saint Nicholas died many many years ago and is still in the grave and that he does not really fly around the earth pulled by reigndeer. He does not really come giving gifts each year.

On the other hand, Jesus Christ really did die, was entombed, was roused from death and really is at the right hand of God and will come again to judge the living and the dead. This historic fact was never written as a fictitious story unlike the story of Santa Claus.

So stevej64, do you still maintain Santa Claus is really coming back next year?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
No offense, Eusebius, but when I see a site using words like this:

I get a little uncomfortable because I know this is what they are going to do (see right side of cartoon):

Your comic actually has it backwards. For instance, science works with theorums and based upon those theorums they try to arrive at a fact. Rarely do they begin with a fact. Einstein's theories come to mind especially with the theory of light bending around mass which was later proven to be so.

The same for evolution. The evolutionist scientist begins with theories and tries to arrive at facts.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 AM

Immanuel Velikovsky Иммануил Великовский was Professor Emeritus at Princeton and showed how it was possible for the earth to stop rotating in Joshua's day and that this has happened before.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,593,953 times
Many Scientists: "Wow, really, you were able to do that."

God: UUUUUUUHHHH, Yep...lol. Everyday you saw my work. Thus - GOD

Old 01-19-2011, 08:39 AM

13,477 posts, read 21,293,204 times

This thread is closed. Please use the search function for answers to questions or further reading on this much discussed topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity