U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:14 AM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,713,437 times
Reputation: 1351

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus was the truth and spoke only the truth and never lied. So what he said about Noah and the world-wide flood is the truth.
Do you have scientific proof of this?

 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 AM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,585,923 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Do you have scientific proof of this?
You'll get your proof soon enough. Don't worry he's coming.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:44 AM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,713,437 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Don't worry he's coming.

For 2,000 years now.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 AM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,585,923 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
For 2,000 years now.
If I had to guess I'd say within 5 years but it could be much sooner. The thing is, he said it's going to be a big surprise and the majority of the world will not be expecting it at the time of his return. That's why I love the Book of Revelation. So many people think it's in chronological order and are even interpreting things from it that tells them, "well this has to happen first, so not yet" but the truth is Revelation is a book written specifically to the church as "warnings" of very specific things as well as a few main points such as the victory of Yahushua, and the new heavens and earth - New Jerusalem. The fact of the matter is it could be anytime, that's exactly why Christ warned us to be ready at ALL times. God has a way of making Satan's followers stumble. You'd better be ready, if you want to live forever in the presence of God... right now.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 AM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,713,437 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
If I had to guess I'd say within 5 years but it could be much sooner. The thing is, he said it's going to be a big surprise and the majority of the world will not be expecting it at the time of his return. That's why I love the Book of Revelation. So many people think it's in chronological order and are even interpreting things from it that tells them, "well this has to happen first, so not yet" but the truth is Revelation is a book written specifically to the church as "warnings" of very specific things as well as a few main points such as the victory of Yahushua, and the new heavens and earth - New Jerusalem. The fact of the matter is it could be anytime, that's exactly why Christ warned us to be ready at ALL times. God has a way of making Satan's followers stumble. You'd better be ready, if you want to live forever in the presence of God... right now.
And I'd guess NEVER. In fact, I KNOW, never.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 07:02 AM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,585,923 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
And I'd guess NEVER. In fact, I KNOW, never.
Ok. "InsaneInDaMembrane"?

 
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,434,483 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Jesus was the truth and spoke only the truth and never lied. So what he said about Noah and the world-wide flood is the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Do you have scientific proof of this?
Scientific proof Christ was the truth and spoke only the truth and never lied or

scientific proof that what He said about Noah and the world-wide flood is the truth?
 
Old 01-18-2011, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,069,422 times
Reputation: 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Ok I'm not doubting your sourse/link but I just googled "noahs ark hoax" and the first thing that came up was this by wikipedia, and the information should be current. If this is a real letter then how come wikipedia's stance on it is unclear of any proof. I'd say that letter, if it was real, would be good enough proof. And how could it be this wasn't all over the news? Just saying, kinda strange. I'm definitelly interested in researching that link a little more.

Searches for Noah's Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And thanks for posting that. Could be credible I guess.

Ok what the heck, I'm convinced it was a hoax.
Answer: Wiki's not THE source for irrefutable factual proof. It may point to the right direction, it may even, in fact, also be the absolute truth. It's also been a godsend and educational tool for those who were previously not experienced in looking up the back story on anything.

There's just no guarantee of Wiki's accuracy absent further review, esp. in the case of something so passionately argued as Noah's Ark. It is adjudicated and peer-reviewed, but it's not an accredited publication, like, say, the Journal Nature or The American Journal of Archeology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
As for Noah's Ark - to me it is a symbolic story that points to a spiritual truth. I don't understand why people have to take everything in the Bible literally in order to hold onto their faith. As I've said many times - the bible is not to be read as a history book -- it is a spiritual book! In the story of Noah and the Ark, Noah represents the heavenly Father and the Ark is Christ. I think you can figure out the rest if you meditate on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Neither Jesus, nor the writer of Hebrews nor Peter ever presented the world-wide flood of Noah's day as just a good story or just symbolic of a greater truth. They always presented it as something which actually occurred.
Noah's Great Flood: technically, ecologically, atmospherically and hydrologically impossible. If you are going to claim it did happen, all by MAGIC, then so be it, but then you must completely abandon any future commentary and arguments from a position of pseudo-science and logic.

As well, where did this conveniently super-natural über-god go afterward? Post-flood? Even if He did do this one ecologically idiotic idea, He has never shown his face again in real, tangible and physical ways.

Honest, calm and rational scientific evaluation of any of the multiple necessary components of an inundating global flood always leads to the same obvious conclusion. Impossible. Even if it could have happened, it would thus guarantee the total extinction of all advanced life forms on this planet. We'd have been back to a few star- and jelly-fish, as well as a hoard of bacteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
WOW!!!

People... do you see how important it is to use the teachings of Christ as our foundation. It's like little secrets and mysteries all in his writings. Eusebius is obviously open to the teachings of Christ, and even more understanding will be given to someone like this.
Hmmm... O-D, I came away with a different interpretation of Eusebius' comment:

"Jesus was the truth and spoke only the truth and never lied. So what he said about Noah and the world-wide flood is the truth."

I didn't see any openness to learn or reconsider anything. Just "What He said!" Well, except to re-iterate "the teachings of Christ". Perhaps it's just the tint of my glasses, huh?

Enjoy the day, fellow Earthlings!
 
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 AM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,585,923 times
Reputation: 297
Only those whom were given to Yahushua will ever understand this or believe it. I understand this that's why it's a waste of time to debate about stuff like this, so I will just listen to what you have to say. Those of us in the Father's hand will never be snatched away because the Father is greater than all. We who know beyond all doubt should realize this. That is the Word of the Living God. All are going to meet this one and only great God of the Armies of Heaven, and bow. We trust in Him. We know who's the liar, and who tells the truth. We chose to believe the one who tells the truth, since it makes no sense to believe a liar (not speaking of you rifleman or any other poster)
 
Old 01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,434,483 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Neither Jesus, nor the writer of Hebrews nor Peter ever presented the world-wide flood of Noah's day as just a good story or just symbolic of a greater truth. They always presented it as something which actually occurred.

Quote:
rifleman replied: Noah's Great Flood: technically, ecologically, atmospherically and hydrologically impossible. If you are going to claim it did happen, all by MAGIC, then so be it, but then you must completely abandon any future commentary and arguments from a position of pseudo-science and logic.
Some scientists have proven there was a world-wide flood. It didn't take magic but God's manipulation of water molecules. Here's a hint:

Remember Elijah and the poor widow in 2 Kings 4? And how Elijah told her to round up all the vessels she could get and bring them? From a pot of oil he filled up all the vessels until she ran out of vessels?

Or remember Jesus feeding the 5,000 men not including women and children which may have totaled 15,000 or more on five loaves of bread and two fish?

God must have multiplied the water to fill the earth then reversed it once it had done its job.

Jesus is not a liar.

Quote:
As well, where did this conveniently super-natural über-god go afterward? Post-flood? Even if He did do this one ecologically idiotic idea, He has never shown his face again in real, tangible and physical ways.
False, He showed Himself in the person of His Son who walked on water and raised the dead and multiplied bread and fish.


Quote:
Honest, calm and rational scientific evaluation of any of the multiple necessary components of an inundating global flood always leads to the same obvious conclusion. Impossible. Even if it could have happened, it would thus guarantee the total extinction of all advanced life forms on this planet. We'd have been back to a few star- and jelly-fish, as well as a hoard of bacteria.
You'd have to scientifically prove your assertions in your last paragraph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top