U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2011, 01:09 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,442,202 times
Reputation: 989

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Logic proves it for me. How you ask?

1. There is not enough water present on Earth to account for a global flood. (even if the ice caps were to melt)
Did you never read about Jesus feeding about 15,000 people on 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and they picked up how many basketfulls afterward?

And did you never read how Elijah multiplied the oil of the widow to fill up all her vessels?

Quote:
2. Global distribution of animals. How did land animals get from the middle east to the Americas and Australia? (aquatic koalas? maybe flying bison!)
Well, where do you think the term "buffalo wings" came from?

Quote:
3. Genetic evidence both animal and human shows the story to be false.
Not really.

Quote:
Think for yourself.
I'd rather think for yourself.

 
Old 01-18-2011, 01:13 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,442,202 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Dude, we're not talking about searching the Himalayans, the South Pole or the bottom of the Marinas Trench here. We're talking about a mountain rage where the highest peak is only 16,854 feet.... If you can find the remains of a single man in this case George Mallory on the Mt Everest, you should be able to find the remains of a ship that was 450' long, 75' wide and 45' high.
The Bible does not say the ship landed on Mt. Arrarat but that it landed on the mountains (plural) of Ararat (Gn.8:4). The ship, from what I understand has been covered by many feet of snow and ice.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM
 
4,480 posts, read 4,223,664 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Logic proves it for me. How you ask?

1. There is not enough water present on Earth to account for a global flood. (even if the ice caps were to melt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Did you never read about Jesus feeding about 15,000 people on 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and they picked up how many basketfulls afterward?

And did you never read how Elijah multiplied the oil of the widow to fill up all her vessels?
You asked me to prove my assertion and I gave a logical answer to why the flood is a myth. Yet logic was not enough and you followed up with two unrelated biblical "miracles" (magic) So logical refutation of biblical impossibilities will always be trumped by the "miracle" argument of the faithful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb
2. Global distribution of animals. How did land animals get from the middle east to the Americas and Australia? (aquatic koalas? maybe flying bison!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Well, where do you think the term "buffalo wings" came from?
Humor? Weak. I'm still curious as to how the animals were able to populate lands they could not have physically migrated to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb
3. Genetic evidence both animal and human shows the story to be false.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Not really.
You clearly now nothing about genetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb
Think for yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
I'd rather think for yourself.
Ahhh ummm OK?
 
Old 01-18-2011, 02:00 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,442,202 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb
Logic proves it for me. How you ask?

1. There is not enough water present on Earth to account for a global flood. (even if the ice caps were to melt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Did you never read about Jesus feeding about 15,000 people on 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and they picked up how many basketfulls afterward?

And did you never read how Elijah multiplied the oil of the widow to fill up all her vessels?
Quote:
You asked me to prove my assertion and I gave a logical answer to why the flood is a myth. Yet logic was not enough and you followed up with two unrelated biblical "miracles" (magic) So logical refutation of biblical impossibilities will always be trumped by the "miracle" argument of the faithful?
Yes, I asked you to ***prove*** your assertion. Since when is giving a "logical answer" proof one is correct in their assertion? You did not actually **proove** the earth could not be flooded in Noah's day. Sorry but your word does not **prove** it could not occur.


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb
2. Global distribution of animals. How did land animals get from the middle east to the Americas and Australia? (aquatic koalas? maybe flying bison!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Well, where do you think the term "buffalo wings" came from?

Humor? Weak. I'm still curious as to how the animals were able to populate lands they could not have physically migrated to.

You brought up "flying bison" first so I thought I'd get just as cute and reply concerning "buffalo wings." It must have gone over your head (pun intended.)



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb
3. Genetic evidence both animal and human shows the story to be false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Not really.

You clearly now nothing about genetics.

Since when must one be a genetics major in order to prove or disprove the bible?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb
Think for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
I'd rather think for yourself.

Ahhh ummm OK?
That is a brain teaser, isn't it.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
 
4,480 posts, read 4,223,664 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes, I asked you to ***prove*** your assertion. Since when is giving a "logical answer" proof one is correct in their assertion? You did not actually **proove** the earth could not be flooded in Noah's day. Sorry but your word does not **prove** it could not occur.




You brought up "flying bison" first so I thought I'd get just as cute and reply concerning "buffalo wings." It must have gone over your head (pun intended.)





Since when must one be a genetics major in order to prove or disprove the bible?



That is a brain teaser, isn't it.
I give up. Off to bang my head into a wall. Which is far more productive.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,442,202 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I give up. Off to bang my head into a wall. Which is far more productive.
I thought that was what you were doing to begin with.

By the way, there is more than one way to answer how all the different animals got on the lands they are on. Bison did not have to sprout wings as you suggest (as if that disproves the biblical account of the flood).

There could have been one continent after the flood (Pangea) then as the nations split apart the animals went with them. There are many animals in the United States that were not here a couple hundred years ago due to being brought here. That also includes animals on islands brought by marinors.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 02:28 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,219,724 times
Reputation: 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes, I asked you to ***prove*** your assertion. Since when is giving a "logical answer" proof one is correct in their assertion? You did not actually **proove** the earth could not be flooded in Noah's day. Sorry but your word does not **prove** it could not occur.
Educate thyself.

Problems with a Global Flood
 
Old 01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,442,202 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Educate thyself:

Startling evidence for Noah’s Flood
 
Old 01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,717,352 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I always ask for it because of people making wild, unprovable statements.
Pot meet kettle.

Have you looked at your posts lately? You live by faith in lots of things which CANNOT be proven and you're looking for 'scientific proofs?'
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:02 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,442,202 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Pot meet kettle.

Have you looked at your posts lately? You live by faith in lots of things which CANNOT be proven and you're looking for 'scientific proofs?'
I never said I didn't live by faith.

But for one who has no faith such as yourself and do not believe the Bible and who says such and such cannot be true concerning the Bible it is upon your shoulders to PROVE by scientific evidence that what I take by faith is false since you have no faith.

Besides, I don't take everything in the bible by faith. As I recently posted above the scientific evidence for Noah's flood I can mix scientific proof with faith as the need arises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top