U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,730,360 times
Reputation: 2411

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes, I asked you to ***prove*** your assertion.
Both the Egyptians and the Chinese have written records stretching back to and beyond the alleged date of this mythical flood. There is no break in these records. No mention of any global flood and we have the consecutive list of recorded Pharaohs throughout the time period of the alleged flood. Please explain how this could happen if all but 8 people were wiped out.

When you've done that please explain how four men and their wives gathered millions of pounds of “gopher wood” and built a ship 450 feet long and 5 stories high. Can you show that the task is within reason for people, with no known experience, from an era in which even the wheel was unknown, to perform the task of building a ship that exceeds the known structural limitations of wood shipbuilding?

Please account, with EVIDENCE, for the accumulation of animals to load aboard the ark. Every animal on the Earth must be accounted for, plus those that are now extinct.

Please explain how eight people managed to feed and care for all those animals (including the microscopic and fragile animals and those with precise habitat requirements). Demonstrate, with reason, how eight people could sail an impossibly large craft, bail as necessary, feed and care for thousands or millions of animals, clean up after all animals – for a year.

Please explain where the olive leaf come from that was brought back by the dove.... considering that olive trees and all other plants had been submerged for a year in ocean water. Vast sedimentation and erosion occurred, mountains formed, continents moved .....but an olive tree survived to provide a leaf???

Please explain how people with no knowledge of microscopes managed to distinguish between males and females of animals too small to be seen without a microscope.

 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,730,360 times
Reputation: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I always ask for it because of people making wild, unprovable statements.
So science must be "proven" whilst world floods, talking animals and walking on water should be accepted without evidence huh?
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,730,360 times
Reputation: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"Answers in Genesis"!!! Are you kidding?
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:18 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,499,353 times
Reputation: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So science must be "proven" whilst world floods, talking animals and walking on water should be accepted without evidence huh?
No, if someone comes up to me and tells me the world-wide flood in Noah's day could not have happened they have to back up their statement with scientific proof. I backed up my statement there was a flood with scientific proof.

It would help if you could prove Jesus did not walk on water. You can't disprove it therefore it would be best to keep thine mouth shut.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,499,353 times
Reputation: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Educate thyself:

Startling evidence for Noah’s Flood



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
"Answers in Genesis"!!! Are you kidding?
You've got to be kidding that you'd think I was kidding!
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,592,446 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Both the Egyptians and the Chinese have written records stretching back to and beyond the alleged date of this mythical flood. There is no break in these records. No mention of any global flood and we have the consecutive list of recorded Pharaohs throughout the time period of the alleged flood. Please explain how this could happen if all but 8 people were wiped out.

When you've done that please explain how four men and their wives gathered millions of pounds of “gopher wood” and built a ship 450 feet long and 5 stories high. Can you show that the task is within reason for people, with no known experience, from an era in which even the wheel was unknown, to perform the task of building a ship that exceeds the known structural limitations of wood shipbuilding?

Please account, with EVIDENCE, for the accumulation of animals to load aboard the ark. Every animal on the Earth must be accounted for, plus those that are now extinct.

Please explain how eight people managed to feed and care for all those animals (including the microscopic and fragile animals and those with precise habitat requirements). Demonstrate, with reason, how eight people could sail an impossibly large craft, bail as necessary, feed and care for thousands or millions of animals, clean up after all animals – for a year.

Please explain where the olive leaf come from that was brought back by the dove.... considering that olive trees and all other plants had been submerged for a year in ocean water. Vast sedimentation and erosion occurred, mountains formed, continents moved .....but an olive tree survived to provide a leaf???

Please explain how people with no knowledge of microscopes managed to distinguish between males and females of animals too small to be seen without a microscope.
-Please, where's the records?

-I'm sure Noah probably had some money to pay for a crew.

-Well, lets see, if He spoke and there was light.... that's an easy one.

-Wow, done that one. And witnesses... records.

-A year? Hunh. Let me see.

-Accually my New Living Translation say five months. It's sad, I know, but this is the best one you had.

-Your right. There's no way a man can do this.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,741,863 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I never said I didn't live by faith.

But for one who has no faith such as yourself and do not believe the Bible and who says such and such cannot be true concerning the Bible it is upon your shoulders to PROVE by scientific evidence that what I take by faith is false since you have no faith.

Besides, I don't take everything in the bible by faith. As I recently posted above the scientific evidence for Noah's flood I can mix scientific proof with faith as the need arises.
So let's see....if you read in the bible that the "sun stood still," you expect me to believe it because its in the bible? You see NO reason why I should doubt a statement or story like that? would you think something is wrong with me for doubting it? I can prove it never happened because if it did, you nor I would be here, but your "faith" allows you to believe it but you can ONLY accept it by that faith because in the real world, that CAN'T happen. Oh, this is going on a literal reading of the bible of course unless there is some elusive "spiritual" explanation here.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,499,353 times
Reputation: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
So let's see....if you read in the bible that the "sun stood still," you expect me to believe it because its in the bible? You see NO reason why I should doubt a statement or story like that? would you think something is wrong with me for doubting it? I can prove it never happened because if it did, you nor I would be here, but your "faith" allows you to believe it but you can ONLY accept it by that faith because in the real world, that CAN'T happen. Oh, this is going on a literal reading of the bible of course unless there is some elusive "spiritual" explanation here.
No, I could care less if you don't believe the bible that the sun stood still. What I hate is you coming here making puerile statements that the sun could not possibly have stood still based solely on your word it could not have.

It is incumbant upon the detractor to PROVE the sun could not have stood still if he says it could not.
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
 
4,480 posts, read 4,242,677 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I thought that was what you were doing to begin with.

By the way, there is more than one way to answer how all the different animals got on the lands they are on. Bison did not have to sprout wings as you suggest (as if that disproves the biblical account of the flood).

There could have been one continent after the flood (Pangea) then as the nations split apart the animals went with them. There are many animals in the United States that were not here a couple hundred years ago due to being brought here. That also includes animals on islands brought by marinors.

You do know according to the bible that the flood ended roughly around 2350 BC. So Pangaea didn't exist 250 million years ago but as few as 4400 years ago? Man the continents are moving a lot faster than I thought.

Or if marinors sp. (what ever they are) brought the animals to Australia I guess they either brought them all or killed the rest alive elsewhere.

It's OK to say the bible is wrong about some things. You don't have to believe blindly in everything contained in it. If you believe in god then fine but to blindly believe in every passage contained in the bible as literal fact is just plain silly.
(I wanted to word that last part stronger but couldn't find a nice way to do so)
 
Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,741,863 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, I could care less if you don't believe the bible that the sun stood still. What I hate is you coming here making puerile statements that the sun could not possibly have stood still based solely on your word it could not have.

It is incumbant upon the detractor to PROVE the sun could not have stood still if he says it could not.
So if I say that "the cow did not jump over the moon" you expect me to prove that it didn't? If I say that the "moon is not made out of cheese" you expect me to go up there and prove that it is not made out of cheese? If I say that dead people did not rise out of their graves and "were seen by many" in Jerusalem you expect me to prove this did not happen?

You CAN'T prove none of these things happen (either) but you can BELIEVE them by faith DESPITE the unlikeliness of such things.

Anyway, Raifus asks you to do some homework.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top