U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:53 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,585,178 times

Advertisements

About a year or so ago I read something (not from wikileaks) about some people confirming the find of Noah's Ark. Then all of the sudden, you don't hear anything about it. I would think that story would have been much bigger than it was - especially if it wasn't true. I would think since the story just went away it's highly likely the Ark was confirmed as Noah's Ark.

Please post any information you may have on this, and links if possible.

...I just found this from National Geographic. Is it just me or is the bottom of the article very interesting? How could a claim like this not be HUGE in the news, or with scientists. Has to be true.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...igion-culture/

Last edited by O-Ducky; 01-17-2011 at 03:24 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 04:11 PM

7,857 posts, read 6,662,302 times
The name for a Internet search is Fernand Navarra ,,, This French man and brought back a piece of hand cut wood from the oak family kind from the Mt Ararat with expedition from the 1950s and 1970s, and there is a piece of the ark wood in a French museum near Bordeaux France,....... There was other writers and exployerer , like Berossus a babylonian, wrote in 275 B.C. a ship on that mountain.... Jewish Josphus stated that there was a vessel on the mountain in first century..... Nicolaus of Damasus of !st century reported timbers of a ship near the summit.....Marco Polo in 15Th century reported that still there on the top of Ararat.... 1829 Frederich Parrot of Germany said monks near Ararat showed him wood and artifacts from Noah Ark from the North side of the Mountain,,,,, In 1883 a earthquake shook the mountain and Turkish and British workers came upon a wooden boat near a glacier...... 1887 Prince John Joseph of Nouri found the ark and wanted to pull it out but Turkey rejected the request......... 1916 Turkish soldier reported a large wooden ship in the same area as the Pentagon 1949 aerial mission........ 1916 a Russian military expedition examined the ark after the Pilots discovered it in a high altitude engine......1955 Fernand Navarra made history and brought back a piece of wood from the same place ..........There is an boat there whether people believe in the Bible or not....

Old 01-17-2011, 04:40 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
I bet after they find the ship the naysayers will say it can't be Noah's ark, but that it is some ship Christians built a thousand or two years ago to try to hoodwink the world.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
About a year or so ago I read something (not from wikileaks) about some people confirming the find of Noah's Ark. Then all of the sudden, you don't hear anything about it. I would think that story would have been much bigger than it was - especially if it wasn't true. I would think since the story just went away it's highly likely the Ark was confirmed as Noah's Ark.

...I just found this from National Geographic. Is it just me or is the bottom of the article very interesting? How could a claim like this not be HUGE in the news, or with scientists. Has to be true.

Noah's Ark Found in Turkey?

Luke 16:31
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

I would say "‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets (God's Word the Bible), they will not be convinced even if someone finds Noah's Ark."

Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM

4,480 posts, read 4,219,243 times
The Ark is a fable it never existed. Therefor will never be found.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The Ark is a fable it never existed. Therefor will never be found.
Can you prove your assertions?

Old 01-17-2011, 07:11 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,228,573 times
Quote:

Noah's Ark Found in Turkey?
It is a HOAX, proven hoax, and fraud.

Here is a paragraph from a letter of 2 Kurds, Davut and Erkan, hired to make a set for a movie, only to learn they had been duped and were building a phony ark for the NAMI ark hoax. The letter was translated into English 1/7/11.

Quote:
We met with you when you work with Paraşüt. Me and my brother worked with Paraşüt for 4 years. He told us they would make a movie and we did film set on Mount Ağrı. We are making film set during the 4 years we worked with him, but later from television and newspapers have learned that we made Noah's Ark. After learning this, we left to work with him.
Dr. Don Patton’s Rebuttal of NAMI Dec 10, 2010

Not the links you were hoping for I guess.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:12 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,228,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I bet after they find the ship the naysayers will say it can't be Noah's ark, but that it is some ship Christians built a thousand or two years ago to try to hoodwink the world.
NO, it was build only in the past 4 years, check out the post #7 above ^^^^^^^

A clear hoax and fraud

Old 01-17-2011, 07:46 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,585,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
NO, it was build only in the past 4 years, check out the post #7 above ^^^^^^^

A clear hoax and fraud
Ok I'm not doubting your sourse/link but I just googled "noahs ark hoax" and the first thing that came up was this by wikipedia, and the information should be current. If this is a real letter then how come wikipedia's stance on it is unclear of any proof. I'd say that letter, if it was real, would be good enough proof. And how could it be this wasn't all over the news? Just saying, kinda strange. I'm definitelly interested in researching that link a little more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searches_for_Noah%27s_Ark

And thanks for posting that. Could be credible I guess.

Ok what the heck, I'm convinced it was a hoax.

Last edited by O-Ducky; 01-17-2011 at 08:06 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 PM

4,981 posts, read 7,760,512 times
Quote:
Ok I'm not doubting your sourse/link but I just googled "noahs ark hoax" and the first thing that came up was this by wikipedia, and the information should be current. If this is a real letter then how come wikipedia's stance on it is unclear of any proof. I'd say that letter, if it was real, would be good enough proof. And how could it be this wasn't all over the news? Just saying, kinda strange. I'm definitelly interested in researching that link a little more.

Searches for Noah's Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And thanks for posting that. Could be credible I guess.
The subject has been posted in numerous threads and at great length in the main Religion and Philosophy board. NAMI (Noah's Ark Ministries Inc.) is one of the more recent groups to make outlandish claims of having discovered the real Noah's Ark, all of which have failed. They had claimed a new expedition promising to take along various scientific experts which failed to materialize. Of course, there were very unscientific "conditions" attached for any applicants wanting to join the expedition. They also promised to hold a news conference before the end of last detailing their finds. That too failed to materialize. And the lid of the hoax was blown off the so-called ark, showing that the "artifacts" and "ark" were nothing more than a movie set. I wonder why NAMI didn't say anything about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity