U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Reputation: 1302

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I was wondering how we could have gone almost two full pages without someone turning the discussion to UR/ET. Sigh.....
I know...the topic is about entering the kingdom. Matt 7:21-23
God made an oath about who will not enter Hebrews 4:2-4
"For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did;
but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.
Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,
“So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, BC
823 posts, read 1,081,882 times
Reputation: 167
I believe that we need to truly be at-one with him for him to recognize us. That is why the pathway is narrow and so few make it. It takes more than just being good, living a good life and following the commandments. I believe the transformation comes when we love God and ask for his Love and it is in us in such a great abundance that we are transformed and are then recognizable by Jesus.

The transformation changes us into something new. The Love of God in us naturally has a great impact on how we live our lives. That is why I have always said it is good to read and to be as knowledgeable as possible but its your relationship with God - a personal relationship is how he will recognize you.

If we simply say Jesus died for our sins and I am now saved because I said that - well then the pathway to heaven would be so much wider wouldn't it. It is narrow for a reason. It takes more than just saying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I know...the topic is about entering the kingdom. Matt 7:21-23
God made an oath about who will not enter Hebrews 4:2-4
"For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did;
but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.
Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,
“So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”
Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”


He said to them, “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’ “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
 
37,545 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I believe that we need to truly be at-one with him for him to recognize us. That is why the pathway is narrow and so few make it. It takes more than just being good, living a good life and following the commandments. I believe the transformation comes when we love God and ask for his Love and it is in us in such a great abundance that we are transformed and are then recognizable by Jesus.

The transformation changes us into something new. The Love of God in us naturally has a great impact on how we live our lives. That is why I have always said it is good to read and to be as knowledgeable as possible but its your relationship with God - a personal relationship is how he will recognize you.

If we simply say Jesus died for our sins and I am now saved because I said that - well then the pathway to heaven would be so much wider wouldn't it. It is narrow for a reason. It takes more than just saying it.
That is it Kat . . . we must get into the proper "key" of God's Symphony . . . which is the "key" of Love. Our souls are pure energy vibrations and our "frequency" (or "key") is determined by how close we resonate (some harmonic) with the pure energy of God . . . which is "Love." "Off-key" frequencies are those of our negative human emotions . . . hate, anger, wrath, vengeance, jealousy, envy, lust, greed, etc. The more "off-key" notes in our daily "Soul Song" . . . the farther removed from God we are. It doesn't seem like a good idea to depend on God having a "tin ear" by allowing those negatives into our minds in ANY context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”


He said to them, “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’ “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces MANY seeds.

Christ was that seed that died.

You keep believing you found the way , i will keep believing he came to seek and save the lost.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-18-2011 at 07:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,722,144 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I know...the topic is about entering the kingdom. Matt 7:21-23
God made an oath about who will not enter Hebrews 4:2-4
"For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did;
but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.
Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,
“So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”
These verses don't say that "rest" means "the kingdom of God." It talks about resting from one's works. The way I see it, it's saying those who did not believe the good news kept on working for their salvation instead of resting in the promise of God's grace.

But either way, YLT doesn't say "They shall never enter my rest." Below is Hebrews 4:2-5 from Young's. I didn't left out anything or add the -- after the "if" statement.

2for we also are having good news proclaimed, even as they, but the word heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard,
3for we do enter into the rest -- we who did believe, as He said, `So I sware in My anger, If they shall enter into My rest -- ;' and yet the works were done from the foundation of the world, 4for He spake in a certain place concerning the seventh [day] thus: `And God did rest in the seventh day from all His works;'
5and in this [place] again, `If they shall enter into My rest -- ;'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 07:11 AM
 
71 posts, read 138,029 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”


He said to them, “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’ “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.
this is exactly what I'm talking about. Those people thought they were doing good but they were not. How do you know? I don't know one single person who is saintly or sin free yet they believe they are going to have eternal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette49 View Post
this is exactly what I'm talking about. Those people thought they were doing good but they were not. How do you know? I don't know one single person who is saintly or sin free yet they believe they are going to have eternal life.
There is no one sin free, but if you believe, then you have eternal life. If you do not believe, or only pretend to believe, then you do not have it. It is really as simple as that.

Read John 3:16, and the same message is repeated some 200 times in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Reputation: 1302
Entering heaven is only done by being declared just (justified, justification) by God. That declaration is based on those who believed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top