U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,733,482 times
Reputation: 1351

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I find it quite normal. Every believer is at a different level of maturity.
I never assumed they all believe the same basic doctrines. This is why I posted the the OP just to see how many believe that Christ died on the cross or if they think it was just a nice story.

You may be "outside the mess" but what you have done is exchange one mess for another mess.
If you say so my friend, If you say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:04 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,479,170 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
If you say so my friend, If you say so.
Well, I don't want you to put that much faith in what I say. I'd rather you prove whether these things are so or not and then believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,022 posts, read 24,780,896 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I'm curious how many Christians actually believe Christ died on the cross?

Or do you just believe it was only a nice story meant to inspire us to live lives of self sacrifice?

I'm kind of curious about this because I'm seeing so much unbelief on this message board.
Blessed are those who did not see, yet believe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,590,407 times
Reputation: 297
You know that's the best proof yet. If a person who didn't believe verbally but had some doubt about thier threories, I wonder what would happen if they spoke to God and asked him to help them out. Since I personally know God and very close friends with Him I'm pretty sure something would happen! I'm 100% sure they find thier answer... if they went to Jesus.

For me to be reading all these doubters is EXTREMELY amazing to me, knowing what I know.


Jeremiah 9
23Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:

24But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Think about it. If this was true, and every promise God made is true, and you only have a limited amount of time to seek him here, how would you feel if you got left out on something so HUGE? This is an Almighty God were talking about here who will NEVER die. When people who don't see this talk about God they really have no idea what they are even contemplating.

I think we can all agree on this. There is definitely no getting around finding out the truth sooner or later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 05:42 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,479,170 times
Reputation: 989
O-Ducky,
When one truly believes God that Christ died for our sins, was entombed and roused from the dead they are immediately sealed with the spirit of promise.

Eph 1:13 In Whom you also - on hearing the word of truth, the evangel of your salvation - in Whom on believing also, you are sealed with the holy spirit of promise"

That is a seal no one or no thing can break.

Salvation is not to be had by "asking Jesus to come into your heart" as Joel Olstein says or asking, wait, I have him on t.v. right now:

Joel is saying, "we want to give you the opportunity to make Jesus the Lord of your life. Would
you pray with me? Say, 'Lord Jesus, I repent of my sins, come into my heart, I make You my Lord and Savior. Friends, if you prayed that simple prayer, we believe you got born again."

Everything about the above is not in accord with the evangel/gospel for us of the nations as
given to us by our apostle Paul, the apostle of the nations. It is not of faith. All it accomplishes is it turns
sinners into pharisees.

The apostle Paul gave to us of the nations what is to be believed:

1Co 15:1-4 Now I am making known to you, brethren, the evangel which I bring to you, which also
you accepted, in which also you stand, (2) through which also you are saved, if you are retaining
what I said in bringing the evangel to you, outside and except you believe feignedly." (3) For I give
over to you among the first what also I accepted, that Christ died for our sins according to the
scriptures, (4) and that He was entombed, and that He has been roused the third day according to
the scriptures,

Notice also in Romans chapter 4 how Paul tells the nations all about Abraham believing God and it was reckoned to him for righteousness? Then what does Paul do? He uses Abraham as an example
for us to follow in believing God:

Rom 4:23-25 Now it was not written because of him only, that it is reckoned to him, (24) but
because of us also, to whom it is about to be reckoned, who are believing on Him Who rouses Jesus
our Lord from among the dead." (25) Who was given up because of our offenses, and was roused
because of our justifying."

See that? See how different it is from what Joel Olstein says?

If you are a true believer would you rate this post positively?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 AM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,590,407 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
O-Ducky,
When one truly believes God that Christ died for our sins, was entombed and roused from the dead they are immediately sealed with the spirit of promise.

Eph 1:13 In Whom you also - on hearing the word of truth, the evangel of your salvation - in Whom on believing also, you are sealed with the holy spirit of promise"

That is a seal no one or no thing can break.

Salvation is not to be had by "asking Jesus to come into your heart" as Joel Olstein says or asking, wait, I have him on t.v. right now:

Joel is saying, "we want to give you the opportunity to make Jesus the Lord of your life. Would
you pray with me? Say, 'Lord Jesus, I repent of my sins, come into my heart, I make You my Lord and Savior. Friends, if you prayed that simple prayer, we believe you got born again."

Everything about the above is not in accord with the evangel/gospel for us of the nations as
given to us by our apostle Paul, the apostle of the nations. It is not of faith. All it accomplishes is it turns
sinners into pharisees.

The apostle Paul gave to us of the nations what is to be believed:

1Co 15:1-4 Now I am making known to you, brethren, the evangel which I bring to you, which also
you accepted, in which also you stand, (2) through which also you are saved, if you are retaining
what I said in bringing the evangel to you, outside and except you believe feignedly." (3) For I give
over to you among the first what also I accepted, that Christ died for our sins according to the
scriptures, (4) and that He was entombed, and that He has been roused the third day according to
the scriptures,

Notice also in Romans chapter 4 how Paul tells the nations all about Abraham believing God and it was reckoned to him for righteousness? Then what does Paul do? He uses Abraham as an example
for us to follow in believing God:

Rom 4:23-25 Now it was not written because of him only, that it is reckoned to him, (24) but
because of us also, to whom it is about to be reckoned, who are believing on Him Who rouses Jesus
our Lord from among the dead." (25) Who was given up because of our offenses, and was roused
because of our justifying."

See that? See how different it is from what Joel Olstein says?

If you are a true believer would you rate this post positively?
I really don't like to dissagree with you on this but I know that I was a believer all my life but it wasn't untill God called me in 1995 that I was born again. This happened as I was reading the teachings of Christ. No I didn't intitially say a prayer, but it happened in an instant, dropped to my knees in "REPENTANCE" and was baptized into his Holy Spirit.

God called. I repented and obeyed. born again. That's how it happened for me. And even if I wanted to I couldn't believe that I don't have a personal relationship with God - thanks to what He has done since then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,479,170 times
Reputation: 989
O-Ducky, but you do believe what Paul brought now to the nations in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 AM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,590,407 times
Reputation: 297
Paul didn't bring me anything Eusebius. But if He brought you or the nations something, that's good, then great. Good for them, and you. Yahushua is the one who brought me something, and it was Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, and James, who accually delivered it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,788 posts, read 47,704,290 times
Reputation: 17696
Jesus died. Jesus spent 3 days and 3 nights in death. God rose Jesus up from the dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2011, 08:33 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,479,170 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Paul didn't bring me anything Eusebius. But if He brought you or the nations something, that's good, then great. Good for them, and you. Yahushua is the one who brought me something, and it was Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, and James, who accually delivered it.
Oh oh, sorry to hear that.

Anybody else believe the evangel for their salvation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top