Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:24 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times

Advertisements

most people here would know that i beleive in re-incarnation and karma,that the soul is eternal and immortal,and that in time every living entity will return home,back to the spiritual world where existence is pure transcendental bliss and knowledge.Moderator cut: see sticky,,,,,,,

If this is our only life ,then why wouldnt God give everyone the same chance??????.

i'll try explain it a bit more to what i mean----there are those who suffer in this life ,some immensily more than others,and would like to know from your perspective what is the reason for this?

also,when a person dies,do they enter the spiritual realm straight away wether they were good or bad people in their life,Moderator cut: see sticky

If anyone wants me to explain what i beleive on the matter,i will be happy to do so.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-19-2011 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: sorry but the subject t of hell, ur, and et are at reas for a little while see the sticky at top of forum page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 05:49 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
most people here would know that i beleive in re-incarnation and karma,that the soul is eternal and immortal,and that in time every living entity will return home,back to the spiritual world where existence is pure transcendental bliss and knowledge.

Moderator cut: edit
If this is our only life ,then why wouldnt God give everyone the same chance??????.
idk.life isn't fair.that's just the way it is,imo.
that said,I think God gave each and every one of us the particular set of dna that we have so that we would have the experiences that we do,inc. how we die.

Quote:
i'll try explain it a bit more to what i mean----there are those who suffer in this life ,some immensily more than others,and would like to know from your perspective what is the reason for this?
no clue,I guess there's more to it than we can know right now.

Quote:
if anyone wants me to explain what i beleive on the matter,i will be happy to do so.
sure

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-19-2011 at 10:44 AM..

Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
most people here would know that i beleive in re-incarnation and karma,that the soul is eternal and immortal,and that in time every living entity will return home,back to the spiritual world where existence is pure transcendental bliss and knowledge.
Moderator cut: edit

also,when a person dies,do they enter the spiritual realm straight away wether they were good or bad people in their life,or is their some form of punishment for those who are evil.?

if anyone wants me to explain what i beleive on the matter,i will be happy to do so.
The reason for the murder, theft, rape, etc... is because man has sinned. These things must exist to show us what is the life and nature that is opposite the one God is eventually going to give everyone. In other words, how can you know how wonderful light is if you never experienced darkness?

As for when a person dies, they do not enter the spiritual realm immediately. When the spirit leaves the body they are dead. To live is to join the spirit to the body at which point they will be a soul. I believe that only Christ has risen at this time. The rest await a resurrection from the dead which will come.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-19-2011 at 10:45 AM..

Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:

so to me the whole universal reconciliation thingy is closer to my beleifs than ET or annhialation,but heres my question,,,,,,,

There are two more ages/eons to come. God is choosing specific one to be in His corporation (sort of) during those two ages. He doesn't need everyone who has ever lived to be in His program during those two ages to come. The rest of mankind enter salvation at the end of those ages.

Quote:
It all has to do with the knowledge of good and evil. "God is working all together for good" (Romans 8) so all the evil will eventuate in good.

Quote:
also,when a person dies,do they enter the spiritual realm straight away wether they were good or bad people in their life,or is their some form of punishment for those who are evil.?.
When a person dies they enter into unconscious death, the complete absense of life. They must await a resurrection from the dead.

God is going to pay each one in accord with their acts. Jesus did not die to shield mankind from needful, loving correction. He died to save them from sin and death.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
There are two more ages/eons to come. God is choosing specific one to be in His corporation (sort of) during those two ages. He doesn't need everyone who has ever lived to be in His program during those two ages to come. The rest of mankind enter salvation at the end of those ages.

It all has to do with the knowledge of good and evil. "God is working all together for good" (Romans 8) so all the evil will eventuate in good.

When a person dies they enter into unconscious death, the complete absense of life. They must await a resurrection from the dead.

God is going to pay each one in accord with their acts. Jesus did not die to shield mankind from needful, loving correction. He died to save them from sin and death.

So are you saying anybody that claims they have been in communication with the deceased are full of it?

Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
also,when a person dies,do they enter the spiritual realm straight away wether they were good or bad people in their life,or is their some form of punishment for those who are evil.?
Yes, it happens right away, although the good and bad obviously have differnet destinations. When Stehpen, the brother of Jesus was being stoned to death, he said "Lord, receive the spirit of your servant". Also, Paul said several times that it would be better to die and be with the Lord. Jesus, on the cross, told the repentant criminal on the other cross, that today they would in in paradise together. TODAY. So, there is no doubt that believers will be with the Lord as soon as we die. Likewise, when unbelievers die, they will be in Hades the same day, as evidenced with the Rich Man and Lazarus story.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:06 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it happens right away, although the good and bad obviously have differnet destinations. When Stehpen, the brother of Jesus was being stoned to death, he said "Lord, receive the spirit of your servant". Also, Paul said several times that it would be better to die and be with the Lord. Jesus, on the cross, told the repentant criminal on the other cross, that today they would in in paradise together. TODAY. So, there is no doubt that believers will be with the Lord as soon as we die. Likewise, when unbelievers die, they will be in Hades the same day, as evidenced with the Rich Man and Lazarus story.
Nice.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
So are you saying anybody that claims they have been in communication with the deceased are full of it?
Well that is not what I said but I would have to agree with your assumption that they are full of it.

What they communicated with was a demonic familiar spirit which the Bible warns us against.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Neither Jesus not the thief on the other cross were in paradise the day they died.

Jesus said "I say to you today, with Me you will be in paradise." Notice where the comma is. Paradise is in the future coming kingdom Jesus is going to set up on the earth.

As for Stephen, the bible says when any human dies the spirit returns to God Who gave it. So you can't say they automatically go to heaven. The Bible says God is everywhere so when our spirit returns to God it goes right outside our body and right then and there is with God.

As for Paul, he did not say sudden death sudden glory. Paul always looked forward to meeting the Lord via resurrection of the dead.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Neither Jesus not the thief on the other cross were in paradise the day they died.

Jesus said "I say to you today, with Me you will be in paradise." Notice where the comma is. Paradise is in the future coming kingdom Jesus is going to set up on the earth.
Luke 23:43

New International Version (©1984)
Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
New Living Translation (©2007)
And Jesus replied, "I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise."
English Standard Version (©2001)
And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."
International Standard Version (©2008)
Jesus said to him, "I tell you with certainty, today you will be with me in Paradise."
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Jesus said to him, "I can guarantee this truth: Today you will be with me in paradise."
King James Bible
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
American King James Version
And Jesus said to him, Truly I say to you, To day shall you be with me in paradise.
American Standard Version
And he said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To-day shalt thou be with me in Paradise.
Bible in Basic English
And he said to him, Truly I say to you, Today you will be with me in Paradise.
Douay-Rheims Bible
And Jesus said to him: Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in paradise.
Darby Bible Translation
And Jesus said to him, Verily I say to thee, To-day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
English Revised Version
And he said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in Paradise.
Webster's Bible Translation
And Jesus said to him, Verily I say to thee, This day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Weymouth New Testament
"I tell you in solemn truth," replied Jesus, "that this very day you shall be with me in Paradise." World English Bible
Jesus said to him, "Assuredly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise." Young's Literal Translation
and Jesus said to him, 'Verily I say to thee, To-day with me thou shalt be in the paradise.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity