Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:46 PM

573 posts, read 2,054,093 times

Advertisements

not to be mistaken for reality of heaven... Does the bible say if the experience of reality in heaven will be different than the one on Earth? Please list some verses.

You see, I have a mental disorder called depersonalization, but I only have that particular symptom a little, but what I do experience 24/7 for as long as I remember is called derealization- everything I see looks like a dream to me and because of this I don't know if anything truly does exist, I feel like I'm forced to play this life game every day, imagine being underwater for your whole life seeing the world through goggles, this is how I feel, everything lacks vividness, clarity, basically everything that makes up the visual perception of the outside world and there is NOTHING wrong with my eyes, I have perfectly good vision. I DON'T EXPERIENCE REALITY SO I DON'T GET TO EXPERIENCE GOD's CREATION OF IT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 05:23 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,102,328 times
People who have said they had a near-death experience usual say that everything seemed more "real" in heaven than here. They say that this life seems like a dream or less like reality compared to heaven. The bible says we now "look through a glass dimly, but then face-to-face." So, I guess that's like what you were saying about being under water. I think you can take comfort in knowing you won't have that disorder in heaven.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:22 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,576,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
not to be mistaken for reality of heaven... Does the bible say if the experience of reality in heaven will be different than the one on Earth? Please list some verses.

You see, I have a mental disorder called depersonalization, but I only have that particular symptom a little, but what I do experience 24/7 for as long as I remember is called derealization- everything I see looks like a dream to me and because of this I don't know if anything truly does exist, I feel like I'm forced to play this life game every day, imagine being underwater for your whole life seeing the world through goggles, this is how I feel, everything lacks vividness, clarity, basically everything that makes up the visual perception of the outside world and there is NOTHING wrong with my eyes, I have perfectly good vision. I DON'T EXPERIENCE REALITY SO I DON'T GET TO EXPERIENCE GOD's CREATION OF IT
Sorry to hear that Hypnosis, I understand completely having a disability. I can so relate to what you're saying. I don't feel as though I've ever really had a grasp on reality until I reached my 40's.....now things seem clearer but I still struggle.

What you see is reality, it's just your version of it. We all have our own versions of reality. My life seems like a dream to me now, not reality but I know that it is. And I think heaven is going to be more reality than we could ever handle in this life. Like BHFT said, we see things through the glass half darkly, we have no clue what it's really all about.

You asked for scripture and I'll try to give it to you but honestly there's not a whole lot in the Bible about heaven, just bits and pieces here and there.

Revelation 21:20-22 (New International Version, ©2010)

20 the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.
22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Sounds pretty awesome to me, I may not be able to envision it but I CAN imagine it.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
People who have said they had a near-death experience usual say that everything seemed more "real" in heaven than here. They say that this life seems like a dream or less like reality compared to heaven. The bible says we now "look through a glass dimly, but then face-to-face." So, I guess that's like what you were saying about being under water. I think you can take comfort in knowing you won't have that disorder in heaven.

Does the bible talk about near death experiences? I remember that I asked this questions to Christians before and they say they don't believe in it. So looks like the bible doesn't say anything specifically about reality being different in heaven than here.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:14 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,980,955 times
Your question reminds me of that girl named Akiane who became a prodigy and child artist when, as she says, Jesus was in her crib when she was a baby and gave her visions of heaven that she painted. I find her art and her story quite fascinating.... I too feel like I'm in a sort of fog sometimes here in this present world - like I just can't possibly understand it all. I hope heaven is everything that Akiane has been shown (and more)....

Home Page - Akiane, child prodigy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQlZv...eature=related

Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Your question reminds me of that girl named Akiane who became a prodigy and child artist when, as she says, Jesus was in her crib when she was a baby and gave her visions of heaven that she painted. I find her art and her story quite fascinating.... I too feel like I'm in a sort of fog sometimes here in this present world - like I just can't possibly understand it all. I hope heaven is everything that Akiane has been shown (and more)....

Home Page - Akiane, child prodigy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQlZv...eature=related

So what if she didn't have these so called visions from heaven and still painted the same way? What would that mean?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
So what if she didn't have these so called visions from heaven and still painted the same way? What would that mean?
I don't know. She says her visions and her talent to paint came directly from God whom she said she has talked to since she was a toddler. I don't have all the answers to things, but I do have faith that there is a better place than this earthly realm. I walk by faith in the Love of God, not by what only my natural eyes can see. I believe we already have a spiritual body -- spiritual hands and feet, eyes and ears, etc...

Old 01-19-2011, 05:21 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,938,192 times
Heaven is a planet in a spiritual realm with substance, and there is NO evil influence that is like the earth whatsoever..... Every body in Heaven is praying and hoping for all the people of the earth will go there and be in Heaven , but their prayers for the earth are dry and have no answers in the earth at this time ..... Scripture for view of Heaven are Revelation 21 : 2, 3, 10, 11, 12-25....Revelations 22: 1-6..... Other teaching of Heaven is John 14: 2-3......Heaven is a place the Lord prepared for his Children and every one is invited to go there ,.... Jesus Holy Spirit is the only one who knows the way to go there , so go get Jesus, and go a get HIS Holy Spirit into your life today......

Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Heaven is a planet ....
Where did you get the idea of heaven being a planet? I've never heard that before. I'd like to know where you learned of it. Of course I'm not sure in what way you would define the word planet. Do you mean a rotating sphere somewhere in the universe with a measurable size, i.e. PLANE-ETTE ?

Thanks - Heartsong

Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 PM

58 posts, read 100,163 times
Quote:

Do you experience emotions? Or when you see a sunset for example, does it sometimes make you say wow, at all? I ask because I seem to have some of the symptoms described. Edit...omg I looked up the disorder and wow I fit it almost to a tee. I could never describe it to people.....I need to research more. Anything you take that helps you? Pm me if you want. Also how did you get diagnosed?

Last edited by italianotampa; 01-19-2011 at 11:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity