U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 PM

5,753 posts, read 4,603,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Absolutely, FB, I should have put that in my post as a sidenote. Some can't help it, it's what they've been taught and I was one of them not too terribly long ago. I understand it to some degree, but there does seem to be a few people here who are completely obsessed by it.

I totally agree Firstborn and Ilene.

I wish our brothers and sisters had peace in their heart knowing that God is truly GOOD! The HIGHEST Good there is... and there is no fear in love. Perfect love casts out all fear. There would be no need for the anxiety that I know they must feel... because they DO have love in their hearts, it is obvious. There is no need for the fear. The more fear there is, the less room there is for joy and trust and peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,731,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

But the vast majority of end timers I know are very decent folk who are convinced that it is just the unpleasant reality of the situation and so try to save others along with themselves. And, the fact is, IF they love people and believe the end time stuff is true then it kind of follows that they will obsess. I really can't fault them for that.
So I guess it's hard to tell the difference between 69 CE and 2011 CE.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,773,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The more fear there is, the less room there is for joy and trust and peace.
You said it Sister Sparrow!!

Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,848,697 times
The reason we are told about things that concern future events is so that believers are not given to anxiety and will have peace. God tells us because of his love for those who are his children.

However, no so for those who reject Jesus and his word. It will be terrifing. Luke 21:26
People that rejected Jesus will realize (without notice) that it's too late, and just how wrong they were.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 PM

37,659 posts, read 25,360,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
So I guess it's hard to tell the difference between 69 CE and 2011 CE.
Sadly . . . when it comes to understnading God that seems to be so. The churches have seen to it that the ancient ignorance has been retained and lauded as a sign of faith.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:40 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,464,494 times
So today I ask you once again....any change of hearts, change of minds? Still the same day? The Ark......it's closing, fast. Are you ready to take shelter under the wings of the Most High God? There's room you know, there's room.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:46 PM

20,352 posts, read 15,730,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
So today I ask you once again....any change of hearts, change of minds? Still the same day? The Ark......it's closing, fast. Are you ready to take shelter under the wings of the Most High God? There's room you know, there's room.
Hi Betsey. Keep reminding people that the time is short. Either the rapture or physical death can occur at any time. For most, departure from this earth will be by physical death. But there will be one generation of believers who will be alive at the time of the rapture. But whether by death or by rapture, one should be ready to meet the Lord.

There are of course, and will be, those who mock. For as 2 Peter 3:3 says, 'Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4] and saying, ''Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just at it was from the beginning of creation.'' 5] For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6] through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water, 7] But the present heavens and earth by His word are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.'

8] But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9] The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Such mockers are to be expected. Pay them no heed. Those who mock those who speak the truth are in fact mocking God. And God will take care of it. 'Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap' (Gal 6:7).

Mike

Old 02-06-2011, 03:14 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,731,794 times
Quote:
Hi Betsey, do you have some inside channel to god where he tells you how long this door is going to stay opened?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:54 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,464,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Hi Betsey, do you have some inside channel to god where he tells you how long this door is going to stay opened?
It's the same way YOU once use to "communicate" with Him....nothing's changed, except you. He's still the same and you can find out for yourself, don't take my word. Come while grace abounds?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,697,919 times
Quote:
Still the same day? Nothings different?

Not really, I have seen Christians afraid of God for 40 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity