Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,437,571 times

Advertisements

New International Version
Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

New American Standard Bible
men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

King James Version

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

American Standard Version

men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

Bible in Basic English

Men's strength will go from them in fear and in waiting for the things which are coming on the earth; for the powers of the heavens will be moved.

English Revised Version
men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

(Luke 21:26)

Still the same day? Nothings different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,434 times
Luke 21:26 (New Living Translation)

26 People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Which begs the question: What are the powers of the heavens?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Which begs the question: What are the powers of the heavens?
That was the very first thought that crossed my mind as well.

Revelation 12 (New Living Translation)

7 Then there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. 8 And the dragon lost the battle, and he and his angels were forced out of heaven. 9 This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels.

10 Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens,
“It has come at last—
salvation and power
and the Kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Christ.[a]
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters[b]
has been thrown down to earth—
the one who accuses them
before our God day and night.
11 And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb
and by their testimony.
And they did not love their lives so much
that they were afraid to die.
12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens!
And you who live in the heavens, rejoice!
But terror will come on the earth and the sea,
for the devil has come down to you in great anger,
knowing that he has little time.”
13 When the dragon realized that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But she was given two wings like those of a great eagle so she could fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness. There she would be cared for and protected from the dragon[c] for a time, times, and half a time. 15 Then the dragon tried to drown the woman with a flood of water that flowed from his mouth. 16 But the earth helped her by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that gushed out from the mouth of the dragon. 17 And the dragon was angry at the woman and declared war against the rest of her children—all who keep God’s commandments and maintain their testimony for Jesus.

*But then the day of the Lord won't be so pretty either.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
What's the point of the OP?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think it might be fear mongering. Doomsday kinda stuff.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,437,571 times
Default Feel sorry for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I think it might be fear mongering. Doomsday kinda stuff.
Why does it appears that your comments gets nastier and nastier as the time winds up? Is that YOUR change of heart Warrior Princess?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Why does it appears that your comments gets nastier and nastier as the time winds up? Is that YOUR change of heart Warrior Princess?
How is that nasty? That's what it appeared to be to me, correct me if I'm wrong. I've had no change of heart, for the Lord that is. When He comes, He comes. How is time winding up?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Still trying to determine that myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity