U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-20-2011, 01:51 PM

1,825 posts, read 889,613 times

Advertisements

I've just been very blessed in finding this audio book online of "The Desire of Ages" written by Ellen G. White, and thought I'd share it with everyone. She was very blessed in writing this book about Christ and I have no doubt God helped her with this. She had amazing insight when it comes to the promised Messiah/Lamb. Good thing about this is you can just turn it on and listen.

The Desire of Ages

This is from the Seventh Day Adventist church which is one of my favorite denominations. Are there any SDA's here? Probably not many, but feel free to make this a discussion on the denomination if you want. I'll start by stating that they do not believe in judgement of eternal torment, and they believe instead that the unbelievers life will come to sudden end. I have no problem with that, personally. I especially like the fact that they honor the Seventh Day Sabbath.

Last edited by O-Ducky; 01-20-2011 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,163 times
Default The Desire of Ages

Hi! I am an Seventh-day Adventist and I stumbled upon your comment. If you are still interested in talking, I would love to. By the way, "The Desire of Ages" is my favourite book on the life of Jesus.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimibangbang View Post
Hi! I am an Seventh-day Adventist and I stumbled upon your comment. If you are still interested in talking, I would love to. By the way, "The Desire of Ages" is my favourite book on the life of Jesus.
hi. thanks and i would love to talk with you about it. but i have accually concluded that i still have no denominational title and will never join a specific denomination. im a "Disciple of Yahushua the Messiah". im in between a seventh day adventist and a messianic jew. i wont be a seventh day adventist because the baptism is like being baptized into the denomination... after inquiring of it. too much study and talking with the pastor required before baptism. also, i come out of her way more than the seventh day adventist's. i have no part of pagan holidays and traditions and the word easter is an abomination, as well as the holiday christmas and every other holiday supposedly a christian holiday. i also don't call Him lord, which was used by baal worshippers. and of course i believe in the eternal lake of fire. i would say im almost a messianic but id rather be a disciple of Yahushua the Messiah. but sure, lets talk.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 PM

i am very interested in ellen whites writings, especially how she glorifies Yahushua.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,163 times
Hi, what is it that you would like to talk about concerning Jesus (Yahushua)? I see you have some strong believes and concerns. I think that is a good thing providing truth is your ultimate goal. It is said that "if you don't believe in something, you will believe in anything." Perhaps we can talk about the things you have mention. For example, to me there are pros and cons about being baptised according to our church. One reason is to let the person know what the church stand for and not be reckless in educating new candidates. On the other hand the bible does support baptism by anyone who believes and anyone who wants to when that person considers themselves ready. Act 8: 26-39. That scripture can also support one having a good understanding of who Jesus is before committing to him. God never asks us to trust Him as a stranger. Luke 14: 28. So I suppose I'd leave it as a personal matter, up to the individual. But I am to baptise I must make sure, if given the chance, to make sure I have said the best that I can about God and His trustworthiness. What do you think?

Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimibangbang View Post
Hi, what is it that you would like to talk about concerning Jesus (Yahushua)? I see you have some strong believes and concerns. I think that is a good thing providing truth is your ultimate goal. It is said that "if you don't believe in something, you will believe in anything." Perhaps we can talk about the things you have mention. For example, to me there are pros and cons about being baptised according to our church. One reason is to let the person know what the church stand for and not be reckless in educating new candidates. On the other hand the bible does support baptism by anyone who believes and anyone who wants to when that person considers themselves ready. Act 8: 26-39. That scripture can also support one having a good understanding of who Jesus is before committing to him. God never asks us to trust Him as a stranger. Luke 14: 28. So I suppose I'd leave it as a personal matter, up to the individual. But I am to baptise I must make sure, if given the chance, to make sure I have said the best that I can about God and His trustworthiness. What do you think?
Hi again stranger Blessings to you.

Don't have much time, so not trying to avoid you but I have very limited time today on pc.

I tried to be baptized at SDA and it wasn't easy. I would have had to take classes or jump through hoops with the pastor. I believe, according to what I see in scripture, that all someone needs to understand is that they believe in the Elohim's only begotten Son Yahushua the Messiah, and the need to repent of sin and be baptized for the remission of sins in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, and then to take up their stake and follow Him.

After a person hears that very small statement and agrees, they should immediately with no delay be baptized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity