U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,466,870 times
Reputation: 989

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
The God and Father of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is the true God.

It was that God Who sent His only begotten Son into the world to save mankind.

Allah did not have Jesus for a Son.
Buddah did not have Jesus for a Son.
Krishna did not have Jesus for a Son.




Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Real Gods don't have sons.
God is a real God.
God's Son is Jesus.
Therefore real Gods do have sons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
 
271 posts, read 296,342 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
[/i]
God is a real God.
God's Son is Jesus.
Therefore real Gods do have sons.
Sons are for creatures, "God is not man nor a son of man"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,297,289 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
So"God is not man nor a son of man"
"in that he should lie, or needs to repent"

Stay in context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 05:12 AM
 
7,882 posts, read 6,700,034 times
Reputation: 1374
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Real Gods don't have sons.
It is an offence of all religions of the world that God had a son, because the evil spirits of this world hate God the creator and the character of God will be an offence to those who hear these evil spirits ...... God has a son because God is not of this earth, and he created man to be family to him so he sent a part of himself as his Son who would give man a link to go to God and able Man to be one with the Lord God , ....... So Jesus became the Son of Man for Heaven and the earth.......... Christians know God because God comes to them when they get saved and lives in their bodies and theses people know that their bodies as co inhabited with God Spirit m,,, so the logic that Christians know as the truth that they experenced is that this is they way it is and other religions are a form of godlyness but denigh the power of this truth and experence........See the Baptism of Holy Spirit confirms everything of the goodness of God and the scriptures come alive with HIS presence...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM
 
271 posts, read 296,342 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
It is an offence of all religions of the world that God had a son, because the evil spirits of this world hate God the creator and the character of God will be an offence to those who hear these evil spirits ...... God has a son because God is not of this earth, and he created man to be family to him so he sent a part of himself as his Son who would give man a link to go to God and able Man to be one with the Lord God , ....... So Jesus became the Son of Man for Heaven and the earth.......... Christians know God because God comes to them when they get saved and lives in their bodies and theses people know that their bodies as co inhabited with God Spirit m,,, so the logic that Christians know as the truth that they experenced is that this is they way it is and other religions are a form of godlyness but denigh the power of this truth and experence........See the Baptism of Holy Spirit confirms everything of the goodness of God and the scriptures come alive with HIS presence...........
It's well-known that Jesus is a "prophet" of God who guided people to the way of "HIS" Lord. Many man-made or man-modified religions discovered "human" Sons of God ,and wanted others to worship them !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,299 posts, read 20,972,532 times
Reputation: 10001
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
now how do you can a christian,first i think youd need a realy big blender,caned stuff is much better in liquid form

but seriosly........can a christian..1-take into account other religios beleifs and learn from other culture's beleifs?

2-beleiver that God has more than one form???,i mean who are we to say that Allah dosent exist,or Jehova or Bhudda or krishna,maybe God didnt just appear in one country,so maybe ALL these avatars are none and the same God,after all who are we or anybody to put limits onto what God can do,All Powerfull means just that!!!

peace...........
According to an LDS (Mormon) Apostle:

“While the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is established for the instruction of men, it is ONE of God’s instrumentalities for making known the truth; yet God is not limited to that institution for such purposes, neither in time nor place. He raises up wise men and prophets here and there among all the children of men, of their own tongue and nationality, speaking to them through means that they can comprehend; not always giving a fulness of truth such as may be found in the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ; but always giving that measure of truth that the people are prepared to receive. Mormonism holds, then, that all the great teachers are servants of God among all nations and in all ages. They are inspired men, appointed to instruct God’s children according to the conditions in the midst of which he finds them… Whenever God finds a soul sufficiently enlightened and pure; one with whom His Spirit can communicate, lo! He makes of him a teacher of men.”

I don't think this means that all "gods" are the same individual as the Abrahamic God, just going by different name, but I do believe it means that there is truth to be found in places where we might least expect it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:40 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,299 posts, read 20,972,532 times
Reputation: 10001
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Real Gods don't have sons.
Why not? Are they incapable of doing so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2011, 02:58 AM
 
271 posts, read 296,342 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Why not? Are they incapable of doing so?
Those who Believe that God is Most High, know why !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2011, 03:21 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,544,258 times
Reputation: 1573
Does it really matter whether Jesus is God or a son of God?
Would the people Jesus has helped in his lifetime really care about this detail?
Or would they have refused his help if he was just a man?


Or are Christians unable to recognise Jesus if he wasn't God or a son of God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,299 posts, read 20,972,532 times
Reputation: 10001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Those who Believe that God is Most High, know why !!
I disagree. I believe that God is Most High. Consequently, I believe He is capable of doing anything He wishes. How would having a Son change His status from Most High to Less High?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top