U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,140,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
To be perfectly honest - most of the insults that fly back and forth on this forum are between the Christians themselves. Sad but true.

Although, considering that this is only the 15th post of the OP - I feel like this was probably started just to rile people up.
Maybe the thread starter saw what I did the first time I came on the Christianity forum. It is not really Christian, but religious. Real Christians have no problem with each other, except that none of us are perfect. When I see some of the answers that so-called Christians post on here, it makes my mouth fly open. Some of them seem to have made up their own religion.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:17 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,253,489 times
religions=rules and rulers

Old 01-21-2011, 09:19 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,453,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It didn't take any time at all for me to realize that what you say is correct. My mother taught me not to discuss the Bible. We don't really have to. God is in control, the Bible is there as a guide for us and people who want to discuss it are usually wanting to disprove it in some way. It would be more profitable to spend the time reading the Bible.

It is interesting that atheist are allowed to post in the Christian section but if one mentions anything Christian on another thread you get your post removed or are told to go to the Christian thread. We are on your forum and we have to go by your rules, but I have something to tell city-data. Being Christian does not stop when a person leaves church on Sunday. It is part of everything that I do or happens to me on a second time level. If I try to help someone, it will be a part of my answer too. I see many people on city-data that asks questions that I could answer and give them good advice in a heart-beat, but the really helpful answer is not allowed. City-Data censors Christianity.
And, I'll continue to rep you as long as I can. For it is true what you have spoken here!! And, believe me you, it gets worst as the time winds up! From a Believer!!

Betsy

Old 01-21-2011, 09:20 AM

21,199 posts, read 20,129,254 times
Quote:
Maybe the thread starter saw what I did the first time I came on the Christianity forum. It is not really Christian, but religious. Real Christians have no problem with each other, except that none of us are perfect. When I see some of the answers that so-called Christians post on here, it makes my mouth fly open. Some of them seem to have made up their own religion.
Honestly - you guys spend so much time judging who you think is a Christian and who you think is not a Christian. It's kind of comical. If someone tells me they are a Christian - and they believe that they are a Christain, then I take them at their word. It is not for me to judge who is really a Christian. I could care less. I take people at their word and let them be the judge of what is in their own heart.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Honestly - you guys spend so much time judging who you think is a Christian and who you think is not a Christian. It's kind of comical.
that's because imo this is how some measure/ justify themselves... and thus decide they are one up on you.
the ole well at least i'am better than you rule of thumb type measurement-it's a science.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM

107 posts, read 160,865 times
Quote:
Pretty much what initiated my OP. That and the sticky where it says; This forum was initially founded based on a place where Christians of all denominations could come to peacefully discuss and/or debate the various tenets of the Christian faith and beliefs

Plus, when you read post from Gnostic Christians, New Age Christians and so forth ... I think a disclosure of some type is needed. Thus, my OP.

This is not the place for new Christians or those on a search for salvation.

It is a fine place to hear debates ... all sides of an opinion ... and so called truths from some claiming to be Christian, but who are actually deceptive.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:36 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,140,673 times
Quote:
Honestly - you guys spend so much time judging who you think is a Christian and who you think is not a Christian. It's kind of comical. If someone tells me they are a Christian - and they believe that they are a Christain, then I take them at their word. It is not for me to judge who is really a Christian. I could care less. I take people at their word and let them be the judge of what is in their own heart.
Moderator cut: off topic
I would never judge a person. We have no way of knowing what is in their heart and we are not supposed to even judge ourselves. But I know what the Bible says and if what the poster posts does not agree with the Bible than I am supposed discern that. If I had the time right now, I would show you the places in the Bible that tell us to do that.

One of the professors at a North Carolina college says, "If I have an open mind, it may let too much trash in." We have to guard what we let into our minds as truth. To believe lies causes confusion.

I am sorry I posted here. I wholely agree with the person who started the thread. I have said my piece.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-21-2011 at 10:06 AM..

Old 01-21-2011, 09:38 AM

21,199 posts, read 20,129,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdean View Post
I think most (if not all) Christians believe ...

Jesus Christ is Lord

Of course, to believe this you have to know who Jesus is. Who Christ is. Who the Lord is.

After that, I'm willing to listen and hear all topics.
I'm not debating what makes a Christian a Christian. All I'm saying is that I constantly see people telling others on this forum that they aren't "true Christians." Like I said, I take people at their word. I don't judge. You are the one who started this thread saying that many of the Christians on here aren't true Christians. If you feel the need to judge - go right ahead. If this isn't the place for you - then that's fine. You don't have to post here. I just don't understand being new here and starting a thread on how much you don't like it and the people who post here. It just doesn't seem very repsectful.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:42 AM

107 posts, read 160,865 times
Quote:
I am sorry I posted here. I wholely agree with the person who started the thread. I have said my piece.
You are a breath of fresh air (along with a few others), so continue posting.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:44 AM

Did the church fathers edit the New Testament in the Bible?
this would help to explain some things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity