Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not debating what makes a Christian a Christian. All I'm saying is that I constantly see people telling others on this forum that they aren't "true Christians." Like I said, I take people at their word. I don't judge. You are the one who started this thread saying that many of the Christians on here aren't true Christians. If you feel the need to judge - go right ahead. If this isn't the place for you - then that's fine. You don't have to post here. I just don't understand being new here and starting a thread on how much you don't like it and the people who post here. It just doesn't seem very repsectful.
So we're to believe the high ground is to take people for their word when those same people don't take Jesus for his word....

Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times
Thought the forum was to discuss Christianity (agree or disagree with it WITHIN respect TO the individuals). Forgive me if I thought it was for backslapping and total agreement on all things. In that case, perhaps it should be broken up into denominations so folks can agree with each other's views all day long and sing Kumba Ya.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 AM

373 posts, read 310,353 times
Quote:
I'm not debating what makes a Christian a Christian. All I'm saying is that I constantly see people telling others on this forum that they aren't "true Christians." Like I said, I take people at their word. I don't judge. You are the one who started this thread saying that many of the Christians on here aren't true Christians. If you feel the need to judge - go right ahead. If this isn't the place for you - then that's fine. You don't have to post here. I just don't understand being new here and starting a thread on how much you don't like it and the people who post here. It just doesn't seem very repsectful.
Are there deceivers (make believe christians)? If so, I would like to know. While I understand where you are coming from about people judging ... I think it is fine for God to judge. And I also think it is fine for Christians to repeat what God judges.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So we're to believe the high ground is to take people for their word when those same people don't take Jesus for his word....
I said nothing about high ground or low ground. I only stated what I, myself do. You are free to do what you want to do. I just see no point in always telling others that they are not true Christians. Honestly, if I believed everything you guys said about each other - then I would have to believe that no true Christians even existed!
I've gotten along with pretty much every person on this forum (even you!) at some point in time. I like that. I like that even though I have my own beliefs - I can always seem to find some common ground with everyone. I can learn something from everyone. This is just what works for me. I'm not saying that anyone has changed my beliefs - but many here have opened my mind or helped to understand things that I didn't before.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Maybe some but not all. Just like not all Christians posting on the Atheist forum are coming to preach. Some believers and unbelievers actually get along with each other and learn from each other.
That could be but however I don't feel it's my place to go to a forum to learn what I totally regard as incorrect. The purpose for the Christian isn't not the same as a non-christian. I don't need to hear how inconsiderate \ judgemental God is.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:54 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
I was sorry to see a separate Christian and atheist forum. I love a good discussion and it's difficult to get them now that each side has been herded up and locked into their own pens.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
i was on my way to the Andrew Wommack's school of theology before i stopped by city-data. you can find salvation here (sometimes) but you are going to have to work for it.
city-data could be viewed as a very economical/ culturally vast form of seminary school... it's free ... except for the expense one may incurr from seeking aid for head-ache relief.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:57 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That could be but however I don't feel it's my place to go to a forum to learn what I totally regard as incorrect.

A Christian wants to be at the feet and learn from whom he regards worthy of his time.
That might be how you feel - but I assure you - there are plenty of Christians who often frequent the Atheist forum. I'm sure some of them hope to get a few converts - but some come just for some interesting debates and discussions.
We are all different. We all see the world in a different way. We all have different beliefs and feelings. What is good for one person is not necessarily good for another. You might not have any desire to go on the Atheist forum - but not all Christians feel that way.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I said nothing about high ground or low ground. I only stated what I, myself do. You are free to do what you want to do. I just see no point in always telling others that they are not true Christians. Honestly, if I believed everything you guys said about each other - then I would have to believe that no true Christians even existed!
I've gotten along with pretty much every person on this forum (even you!) at some point in time. I like that. I like that even though I have my own beliefs - I can always seem to find some common ground with everyone. I can learn something from everyone. This is just what works for me. I'm not saying that anyone has changed my beliefs - but many here have opened my mind or helped to understand things that I didn't before.
We are not free to do what we want to. Doctrine decides what\who is Christian, not simply because I call myself one. And to point out that doctrinally a certain position is not Christian when certian groups say it is.....is not denominational bashing.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
That might be how you feel - but I assure you - there are plenty of Christians who often frequent the Atheist forum. I'm sure some of them hope to get a few converts - but some come just for some interesting debates and discussions.
We are all different. We all see the world in a different way. We all have different beliefs and feelings. What is good for one person is not necessarily good for another. You might not have any desire to go on the Atheist forum - but not all Christians feel that way.
Sorry that I changed the last post ...

Granted not all Christians feel that way. Some do hope to get converts, but I wonder how many athesists\unbelievers are activly involved in a atheist forum hoping to hear from a Christian so as to be be converted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity