Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 AM

373 posts, read 308,674 times

Advertisements

They can have a forum "named" Christianity that have post from atheist, agnostics, gnostic and a variety of other non-believers ... mixed in with a few Christians post.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:59 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Free speech. Whadda gonna do? Require proof that a poster is actually a Christian?

And besides, who cares? I don't know about you, but I'm convinced my Savior is more than able to confront atheist's and Muslim's and agnostic's or whomever.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Christians come into the atheist forum. We talk to them. Why don't you want to talk to us here?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:52 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
I don't see a problem with Nonbelievers posting to this subforum as long as they're cool about it.

Personally, I dig the "rough and tumble" of the R&P forum...but this should be different.

This would NOT be the place to...tell Christians they are "delusional" or "ignorant"...knock the Bible in any way or refer to it as the "Buy Bull" or a "Fairytale"...mock God or Jesus and/or say they don't exist, and claim those who think so "aren't right in the head"...refer to religion as "evil" or say it should be done away with...or in any way criticize being Theist.

In summation...Question or respectful contribution: Cool
Criticism/Insult/Disrespect of Belief: Not cool

Just my $.02.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:54 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
To be perfectly honest - most of the insults that fly back and forth on this forum are between the Christians themselves. Sad but true.

Although, considering that this is only the 15th post of the OP - I feel like this was probably started just to rile people up.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:00 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
knock the Bible in any way or refer to it as the "Buy Bull"
That's really funny! I had never seen that before. Thanks

Old 01-21-2011, 09:06 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I don't see a problem with Nonbelievers posting to this subforum as long as they're cool about it.

Personally, I dig the "rough and tumble" of the R&P forum...but this should be different.

This would NOT be the place to...tell Christians they are "delusional" or "ignorant"...knock the Bible in any way or refer to it as the "Buy Bull" or a "Fairytale"...mock God or Jesus and/or say they don't exist, and claim those who think so "aren't right in the head"...refer to religion as "evil" or say it should be done away with...or in any way criticize being Theist.

In summation...Question or respectful contribution: Cool
Criticism/Insult/Disrespect of Belief: Not cool

Just my $.02.
GldnRule you are solid.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:08 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
It didn't take any time at all for me to realize that what you say is correct. My mother taught me not to discuss the Bible. We don't really have to. God is in control, the Bible is there as a guide for us and people who want to discuss it are usually wanting to disprove it in some way. It would be more profitable to spend the time reading the Bible.

It is interesting that atheist are allowed to post in the Christian section but if one mentions anything Christian on another thread you get your post removed or are told to go to the Christian thread. We are on your forum and we have to go by your rules, but I have something to tell city-data. Being Christian does not stop when a person leaves church on Sunday. It is part of everything that I do or happens to me on a second time level. If I try to help someone, it will be a part of my answer too. I see many people on city-data that asks questions that I could answer and give them good advice in a heart-beat, but the really helpful answer is not allowed. City-Data censors Christianity.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:08 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
To be perfectly honest - most of the insults that fly back and forth on this forum are between the Christians themselves. Sad but true.
Amen sis.; continue to tell the truth so that it can help us all.

you are worthy of a rep but i can't give it to you in numbers that's why i had to say it in words.

*give the people their flowers while they are still here cause when they get to other side they ain't gone be studying about any earthly flowers. the Lord's flower garden is out of this world... a woman who had a near death experience said she did not see God but she heard the flowers singing his praises.... (even the colors of the flowers were out of this world/ not of this world).

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Free speech. Whadda gonna do? Require proof that a poster is actually a Christian?.
"Require proof that a poster is actually a Christian" , I can understand how intolerant of an idea that would be ...a forum for Christians that only Christians post in.

I totally agree .... let's start a forum for the NAACP and under "free speech" have white supremacists be allowed to post in it. As long as they confine their post about love while reminding the pro- NAACP posters that their ancestor's theology were primitive knuckle dragging Neanderthals, or that MLK wasn't who he claims to be, or that MLK was sadistic, or that half of what MLK said isn't what he truly meant to have said, it's shouldn't be a conflict. I could not agree with you more, that it would be unreasonable for a NAACP'er to come to an conclusion like that.

Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by june 7th; 01-21-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity