Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times

Advertisements

In Christ there is neither male nor female. We are commanded to love one another and bear one another's burdens. That's the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 10:20 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
What do you think His New Commandment is?
The New Covenant.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:07 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
I have told you the Truth of these things. It is for greater understanding of life on this planet and throughout the universe. For Paul admits that The Levi Priesthood is imperfect.
That Christ Priesthood is Perfect, because in Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit of God.
If you live by the Ten Commandments and adhere to Christ words, His New Commandment then you shall not perish. These are the Laws of God.
Does men add a new law to God's Laws? Do you think that Paul's words are greater then the Laws of God?
Christ never meant fornication as part of love. Fornication with the opposite sex is a sin, so fornication with same sex is a much grevious sin. Sodomy and Gomorrah were destroyed for that. Paul in the new testament condemned it, so a homosexual is a sinner, but again all have sinned and none is perfect. Will a homosexual make the kingdom of God? Possible, with God nothing is impossible. He granted a thief eternal life on the cross for admitting his deity.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
In St. John's Gospel, Chapter 14, A Word of Comfort, verse 15 If you love me, keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father and He will give you another Advocate to dwell with you forever.
Now this advocate, is the Spirit of Truth. The Spirit of Truth lives in Me. And Jesus says many things I have yet to say to you but you cannot bear them. But, He, the Spirit of Truth will tell you all the Truth.
I have already explain the process God chose to create, evolution. In Chernobyl we learn how radiation alters spieces. In the natural world the sun plays a big role in the process of evolution. Thats why I use the sun to teach you that if enough radiation is released from the sun, life forms eventually changes.
Now for the part you cannot bear, homosexuality is not a sin. For as diverse as our own planet is, so too, is the diversity of the universe. I can hear the disgruntleness. But, I will offer Scripture to back up this statement. In Leviticus we find where this priesthood speaks of the sin of men being with men. We also find this in Paul's teachings in Romans. But, Paul, in his Letter to the Hebrews, says that the Leviticus Priesthood is imperfect, that the Priesthood of Christ, Melchisedech, is the Perfect Priesthood. So how did Paul get confused? Because Paul was taught by a Levite.
Jesus Christ never spoke of these things because man's scientific knowledge was insufficent. Evolution.
Martin Luther King in his great speach talked about a man should not be judged by the color of his skin but by the content of his character. Same goes for sexual orientation. You see, just as people of color bore a cross for the persecution they received, so too, do homosexuals bare a cross. This is why Jesus gave us a New Commandment. Now there is sin if you practice this way of life if you are not of that way of life. Now, as for homosexuals, something you cannot bear. Marriage is a Sacrament of Life. For only a man and woman can bring about life. If man's laws are to give a legal union for tax benefit and such, then that is up to man. But God's Laws is permanent. Also, I am not gay. I raised a family. There are no ligitamate priest if you are gay. My Priesthood is a Priesthood of Life. With that said, all are welcome into My Church. Christ Church is for everyone.
Now, there is a lot for you to digest, but I will leave you with this last thought. Elton John has always been my favorite artist. Elton was lost for so many years until he met Ryan White. The boy that was persecuted in school because he contracted aids from a blood transfusion. When Elton met Ryan that is when God stepped into his life. He became sobber and quit drugs. But Elton did much more for he went to Africa and began to help the needy. The millions of aid victims. He who does for the least of My brothers does for me.
Absolutely beautiful post, Lionpainter!

Homosexuality is such an "easy target" for stone-throwers.

If we judged ourselves, we should not be judged..

Blessings to you!
brian

Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
What must be resisted is false teachings.
What are the Ten Commandments? And Christ New Commandments. To love one another as I have loved you. A Gay person who keeps these commandments shall live in Heaven.
It is not for you to Judge but Jesus Christ. If you love Me and keep My Commandments, the Kingdom shall be yours.
Sin must be resisted, which is something that many can't bear. The New Testament lays out all kinds of sins of the flesh that will preclude one from entering Heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity