U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,693,393 times
Reputation: 639

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

John 9:31
We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.


Indeed, that is why the only true Christian so far to have ever walked the earth was Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,298 posts, read 20,959,818 times
Reputation: 9992
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes we are lucky ... fortunatly we the salt havn't lost it's saltiness. That's what salt does, preserves and aggravates an open wound. And we aggravate Satan.
I'm quite sure Satan is savoring every minute of it. I read a saying once that cracked me up:

“Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory capacity.”

We have a heck of a lot of that going on here on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:30 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,837,660 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Indeed, that is why the only true Christian so far to have ever walked the earth was Jesus.
Phazelwood...You got to be kidding.

What's God's will that Jesus revealed?
  • John 6:40
    For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him
Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

Jesus revealed:

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”


So I would look up the great faith chapters in the Bible (Romans 3, Galations 3) and find out that who are the true Christians.

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-21-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,544 posts, read 11,577,781 times
Reputation: 4463
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
Yep, but we somehow think it's our job to make people believe - or worse, that someone can believe without the Spirit revealing Himself to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
 
3,038 posts, read 2,270,245 times
Reputation: 471
so the spirit only dwells in the cherry picking-fundamentalist. you want even acknowledge God's sabbath nor do you follow the kosher standard of living...lol. preach to your choir that's all that's listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:41 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,693,393 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Phazelwood...You got to be kidding.

What's God's will that Jesus revealed?
  • John 6:40
    For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him
Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

Jesus revealed:

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Nope not kidding , was what I said too complicated? It sure isn't hard to know that there is no one on earth that measures up to Jesus, that certainly includes you and me.

When someone says "True Christians" do this or that, the implication of course is the one saying that think of themself as a true Christian, however, the goal for us is to mimic Jesus and we all fail as hard as we try.

Your not a true Christian and no amount of posting scripture changes that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:45 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,837,660 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
you are full of hate...and you and your kind will not call me sinner before the Supreme God...no love can found in any of your works; for your works are of division and iniquity...get thee behind me.
Satan is evil.

Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,837,660 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Nope not kidding , was what I said too complicated? It sure isn't hard to know that there is no one on earth that measures up to Jesus, that certainly includes you and me.

When someone says "True Christians" do this or that, the implication of course is the one saying that think of themself as a true Christian, however, the goal for us is to mimic Jesus and we all fail as hard as we try.

Your not a true Christian and no amount of posting scripture changes that fact.
Too bad that you don't know the significance of justification or being declared "just\perfect" is by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
 
3,038 posts, read 2,270,245 times
Reputation: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Satan is evil.

Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
you wanted to hate me. that's the reason you hide behind the highly editted scriptures.

Last edited by gabfest; 01-21-2011 at 03:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 04:00 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,837,660 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Yep, but we somehow think it's our job to make people believe - or worse, that someone can believe without the Spirit revealing Himself to them.
little elmer,

No you're right, I'm not charged with making someone believe..in fact Jesus doesn't \ didn't \ nor will he in the future.

This bit of insight from Jesus sort of answers some of the reasons for the hostility and antagonistic responses:

John 15:17-19
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top