U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 AM

26,268 posts, read 13,935,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Sabbath - n. 1. The seventh day of the week, Saturday, named in the Ten Commandments as the day of rest and worship and observed as such by the Jews and some Christian sects.
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English language

The First day of the week: Sunday;
The Second day of the week: Monday;
The Third Day of the week: Tuesday;
The Fourth Day of the week: Wednesday;
The Fifth day of the week: Thursday;
The Sixth day of the week: Friday;
The Seventh day of the week: Saturday...The Sabbath Day.
What part of the Bible is all that in?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 07:06 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,284,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
The ones who changed it to Sunday accually put people to death who refused. Doesn't take rocket science.
What's not rocket science is that the Church that Jesus gave authority to to change the Sabbath to the Lord's Day changed it and now YOU are going against the will of Jesus. The Christian leadership clearly changed the day of worship in the first century. I am Christian, not Jewish. The Lord's day for me.

What's very odd but very typical of protestants is their non-comprehensive approach to the Bible. I believe you agreed that Jesus gave Peter and His new Church the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven:

From your very post here on the Peter the Rock thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/17480071-post24.html

"It's pretty clear to me as well. Also what's even more clear is the fact that Christ did say he was giving Peter the Keys... and that pretty much says it all and tears down his whole arguement on this... in my opinion.

He was talking to Peter, about Peter. And He was right, we still have Peter's teaching today...lol

Sometimes the best thing to do is just read, and listen."

-----------------------

Maybe you should read and listen to yourself.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:04 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,237,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What part of the Bible is all that in?...
"After the Sabbath [Saturday], at dawn on the first day of the week [Sunday], Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb." Matthew 28:1.

"Very early on the first day of the week [Sunday], just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb." Mark 16:2.

"Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment." Luke 23:56.

"On the first day of the week,[Sunday] very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb." Luke 24:1.

"Early on the first day of the week,[Sunday] while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance." John 20:1.

"When the Sabbath [Saturday] was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices to go and anoint Jesus." Mark 16:1.

"Then I commanded the Levites to purify themselves and go and guard the gates in order to keep the Sabbath day holy. Remember me for this also, O my God, and show mercy to me according to your great love." Nehemiah 13:22.

"Do not bring a load out of your houses or do any work on the Sabbath, but keep the Sabbath day holy, as I commanded your forefathers." Jeremiah 17:22.

"But if you do not obey me to keep the Sabbath day holy by not carrying any load as you come through the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day, then I will kindle an unquenchable fire in the gates of Jerusalem that will consume her fortresses.'" Jeremiah 17:27.

He said to them, "This is what the LORD commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.'" Exodus 16:23.

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy." Exodus 20:8.

"Say to the Israelites, 'You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy." Exodus 31:13.

"Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you." Deuteronomy 5:12.

"In those days I saw men in Judah treading winepresses on the Sabbath and bringing in grain and loading it on donkeys, together with wine, grapes, figs and all other kinds of loads. And they were bringing all this into Jerusalem on the Sabbath. Therefore I warned them against selling food on that day." Nehemiah 13:15.

"Blessed is the man who does this, the man who holds it fast, who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it, and keeps his hand from doing any evil." Isaiah 56:2

"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,..." Isaiah 58:13.

"But if you are careful to obey me, declares the LORD, and bring no load through the gates of this city on the Sabbath, but keep the Sabbath day holy by not doing any work on it,..." Jeremiah 17:24.

"Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy." Ezekiel 20:12.

"Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God." Ezekiel 20:20.

"'Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:30.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,586,157 times
juj-

The keys to the Kingdom of Heaven have nothing to do with changing the Ten Commandments. The keys have everything to do with the power of God. I believe they kept the Sabbath and 100% sure of it. The changes came with great persecution, as allready stated.

Sister Perry-

Thank you for praying for me, please do. I have no conviction whatsoever if I work on the Sabbath Day and give the exact gross amount made that day to the Kingdom of God.

I am soooo done with "Christian internet forums" (except the LDS/Mormons). God bless you all... in the name of Yahushua.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
juj-

The keys to the Kingdom of Heaven have nothing to do with changing the Ten Commandments. The keys have everything to do with the power of God. I believe they kept the Sabbath and 100% sure of it. The changes came with great persecution, as allready stated.

Sister Perry-

Thank you for praying for me, please do. I have no conviction whatsoever if I work on the Sabbath Day and give the exact gross amount made that day to the Kingdom of God.

I am soooo done with "Christian internet forums" (except the LDS/Mormons). God bless you all... in the name of Yahushua.
Moderator cut: delete What you choose to do in your life is your choice.

I will continue to pray for you.

Verna.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-27-2011 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: deleted the personal attack/insult

Old 01-27-2011, 12:28 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,284,791 times
Quote:
juj-

Sister Perry-

You need to refer to the next line in Matthew 16. The part about binding and loosing. Then you will understand what the Keys meant. It's all about Authority to run and change.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
"After the Sabbath [Saturday], at dawn on the first day of the week [Sunday], Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb." Matthew 28:1.

"Very early on the first day of the week [Sunday], just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb." Mark 16:2.

"Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment." Luke 23:56.

"On the first day of the week,[Sunday] very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb." Luke 24:1.

"Early on the first day of the week,[Sunday] while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance." John 20:1.

"When the Sabbath [Saturday] was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices to go and anoint Jesus." Mark 16:1.

"Then I commanded the Levites to purify themselves and go and guard the gates in order to keep the Sabbath day holy. Remember me for this also, O my God, and show mercy to me according to your great love." Nehemiah 13:22.

"Do not bring a load out of your houses or do any work on the Sabbath, but keep the Sabbath day holy, as I commanded your forefathers." Jeremiah 17:22.

"But if you do not obey me to keep the Sabbath day holy by not carrying any load as you come through the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day, then I will kindle an unquenchable fire in the gates of Jerusalem that will consume her fortresses.'" Jeremiah 17:27.

He said to them, "This is what the LORD commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.'" Exodus 16:23.

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy." Exodus 20:8.

"Say to the Israelites, 'You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy." Exodus 31:13.

"Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you." Deuteronomy 5:12.

"In those days I saw men in Judah treading winepresses on the Sabbath and bringing in grain and loading it on donkeys, together with wine, grapes, figs and all other kinds of loads. And they were bringing all this into Jerusalem on the Sabbath. Therefore I warned them against selling food on that day." Nehemiah 13:15.

"Blessed is the man who does this, the man who holds it fast, who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it, and keeps his hand from doing any evil." Isaiah 56:2

"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,..." Isaiah 58:13.

"But if you are careful to obey me, declares the LORD, and bring no load through the gates of this city on the Sabbath, but keep the Sabbath day holy by not doing any work on it,..." Jeremiah 17:24.

"Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy." Ezekiel 20:12.

"Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God." Ezekiel 20:20.

"'Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:30.

Verna.
There are a lot of holes in that...

Old 01-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There are a lot of holes in that...
Na. It's solid.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Na. It's solid.
Chronological holes...

Old 08-31-2011, 04:30 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,586,157 times
[quote=O-Ducky;17601074]juj-

Last edited by O-Ducky; 08-31-2011 at 04:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or