U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,589,961 times

Advertisements

oops, didn't mean to bump this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 382 times
Isn't it entirely possible that Christ took the place of the physical Sabbath Day? After all he said he was Lord of the Sabbath and would it not make total sense that sense Christ is the mediator between us and GOD that he would be the center of the commandments. Acts 4 states ......
. [3] For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. [4] For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. [5] And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. [6] Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: [7] Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. [8] For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. [9] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. [10] For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. [11] Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Just my thoughts

Old 06-12-2015, 04:06 PM

8,366 posts, read 2,778,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Perhaps this?

John 15:12
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Mark 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this the FIRST commandment.

Mark 12:31
And the SECOND [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

1st John 3:23
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1st John 4:21
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Wasn't He accused of breaking it by mixing spit and mud together? Wasn't He accused of allowing His disciples to break it by picking grain and eating it. He was accused of healing a man and commanding him to pick up his pallet and walk.

Yes, Jesus kept His Love for the Father. And yes, Jesus did what the Father willed, even the things above. Jesus' heart was pure, in Love with you, AND the Father. Today, He would break a rule, to make you whole. THAT is love.

Jesus was the ONLY One in the ENTIRE history of the WORLD to honor the Father,out of His LOVE FOR the FATHER, to completely honor and obey them all. Are you now saying you can keep that which only One man has EVER kept, by TRYING to keep them?

Yes, follow His commands. I reposted them for you. If you follow His commands, then you won't have to worry about breaking a 10 commandment Law, because you will have fulfilled the Law, completely.

Romans 13:10
Love *does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Understand?

So that He could bring forth His Son. You are not Jesus. Therefore, you cannot ever think to obey them, like a servant obeys a master. The Law is not your master, Jesus is.

Good luck Verna. I pray the First and Second ones have firmly transformed your heart, because if not? Then even by breaking just 1 commandment written in stone? You have broken them ALL!!!

Careful now. This is verging on haughtiness. Pride comes before the fall.

No I couldn't. I would even TRY to. If perhaps I go without breaking ANY of the commands written on stone, it is because my heart is right with God, and my King. BUT, I do know that I break them, EVERY TIME MY WORRY ABOUT THE WORLD SURFACES, because I HAVE REMOVED GOD FROM BEING MY GOD.

"You shall have NO other gods *before Me.

Be it money or finances, employment, family, the Bible, this forum,,,ANYTHING that takes my eyes off the prize.

I don't lust after women. I don't dishonor my parents. I don't covet anything. I honor the Father on the Sabbath, and rest,from my life.

But the FIRST Commandment, is the hardest by far, since I have learned WHAT IT IS. And I break it ALL THE TIME.

Only by being GROUNDED in LOVE, then you can keep, or guard, the commands, out of your heart.

Be blessed this fine sabbath day.

Love,

Tony

PS
Did you know the sabbath actually starts at dusk on friday, and ends sat at dusk?
Romans 3
19Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.
And the wages of sin are Death. And the wages were paid for.

Its better to read the full context of scripture.
Jesus 2 commands Love God and your neighbor.

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

In my experience very few congregations Elders have an understanding of the Law. Or the Holy Days. So when studying scriptures some people devise interpretations around certain verses.
For instance giving a portion to 7 and to 8.
Or When reading Psalms without knowledge of the Tabernacle how would one understand.
Psalms 78
67. Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim; But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved.
or
Psalm 80
2. Before Ephraim, Benjamin and Manasseh stir up thy strength and come and save us.

The Point is God knows the Heart.

Last edited by pinacled; 06-12-2015 at 04:41 PM..

Old 06-13-2015, 12:21 AM

8,366 posts, read 2,778,026 times
Who is the Son of Man?
Mark 2
25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or