U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:37 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
indeed,good ones

I thought to add: not gossiping nor talking behind ppl's backs,nor assuming anything...remember,He never healed anyone without *asking first, "do you WANT to be healed?". He never just assumed someone wanted to be healed..some might have reasons for wanting to be sick,but He never judged those.
Agreed! Humility is KEY. Pride has absolutely NO place in the Kingdom of God. Everyone considers others better than themselves; no "I told you so" or resentments or "I'm better than you."

Truly, loving others as much as you love yourself, really means seeing to their welfare. Empathy, supportive attitude, encouraging, always ready to lend a helping hand. -The father of the prodigal son didn't bring up his mistakes, or say "well, I don't know if you deserve it really.." or such like. No. He was always ready to help and take back in.

This is all, imo, part of the "debunking" of eternal hell, which is none other than doctrines of devils and an eternal Father who doesn't care at all.

Blessings,
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Saving, not condemning.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:18 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Agreed! Humility is KEY. Pride has absolutely NO place in the Kingdom of God. Everyone considers others better than themselves; no "I told you so" or resentments or "I'm better than you."

Truly, loving others as much as you love yourself, really means seeing to their welfare. Empathy, supportive attitude, encouraging, always ready to lend a helping hand. -The father of the prodigal son didn't bring up his mistakes, or say "well, I don't know if you deserve it really.." or such like. No. He was always ready to help and take back in.

This is all, imo, part of the "debunking" of eternal hell, which is none other than doctrines of devils and an eternal Father who doesn't care at all.

Blessings,
Brian
absolutely! well-said

one thing I wanted to mention...this proves that God is good ALL the time;why else would He choose to bless them with a baby? God is the author of life;some can belittle them but it was ultimately God's choice (not saying I agree,but I'm not going to judge them, either) :

Elton John and David Furnish Released Baby Zachary’s First Photos | Batangas Today | Breaking News, World News And More News

Old 01-22-2011, 02:25 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,467 times
After listing all these great attributes about Jesus,how can anyone think that He would turn into 'destructor Jesus' during the rapture and literally come to wreck the world when removing beleivers? This doesn't fit.If there is a rapture,I believe it will be just as He said..He comes quietly,as a thief in the night. (and He doesn't homewreck families,either. ALL will be taken,or none at all.)

Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 AM

373 posts, read 310,554 times
The whole rapture is looks a lot like a wedding ceremony. (much of the Bible is)
The young man (Jesus) goes to the father (Father) of his girlfriend (people) and agree on a bridal price (His life).
If the father agrees the couple is betrothed. The man goes home and prepares the bridal chamber (many mansions). The father once in while inspects the chamber. Only the father knows when the chamber is ready (not the couple). Then the father gives his ok. The man gathers some friends to 'steal' the bride. At night the go towards the girls home and blow the ramshorn (trumpets). The girl, a virgin of course, prepares herself.
The groom stays behind and the friends of the groom carry the bride to the groom. They go into the bridal chamber for 7 days. (7 years...)
When they leave the room the guests are already waiting and the feast begins.

Is that parallel just a coincidence????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity