Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

14Seeing, then, the children have partaken of flesh and blood, he himself also in like manner did take part of the same, that through death he might destroy him having the power of death -- that is, the devil

Pretty explosive verse of scripture !!!!!!!!

That through death He destroyed him who had the power of death.

What do you believe is the power of death that the devil had power over ?

I will go with the fear of it (verse 15)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 03:30 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
It is an amazing thing. As soon as I accepted Christ as my Lord and saviour, He gave me peace over things like death. Once you believe in God he gives you assurance of eternal life.

Praise the Lord.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is an amazing thing. As soon as I accepted Christ as my Lord and saviour, He gave me peace over things like death. Once you believe in God he gives you assurance of eternal life.

Praise the Lord.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Very nice.

So what is the power of death that the devil had that Jesus destroyed ?

I just want to throw this one in for good measure

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. Col 2:15

Does this mean the disarmed will become armed again some time in the future ?

Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 AM

Come on don't be scared !!!!!!!!

Death according to the scripture had power , what do you think was that power ?

Old 11-01-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Death according to the scripture had power , what do you think was that power ?
Jesus died, and rose again, and teached that whoever believes in Him will have everlasting life. I told you earlier that I have peace about death. Why? Because I have accepted Christ as my Lord and Saviour, and He promises that if you do that, then you will have everlasting life. So, I do not fear death, and it has no power over me. Unbelievers fear death, but for believers this fear was removed by Jesus, so it is fair to say he took the weapon of fear away from Satan. Believe, and you will find peace in these matters.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-01-2010 at 08:19 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus died, and rose again, and teached that whoever believes in Him will have everlasting life. I told you earlier that I have peace about death. Why? Because I have accepted Christ as my Lord and Saviour, and He promises that if you do that, then you will have everlasting life. So, I do not fear death, and it has no power over me.
Finn you have told me nowt .I asked "What do you believe is the power of death that the devil had power over ?.

I never asked how do you become a christian , or if you had peace about death , i did not even ask if death had power over you.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Finn you have told me nowt .I asked "What do you believe is the power of death that the devil had power over ?.

I never asked how do you become a christian , or if you had peace about death , i did not even ask if death had power over you.
Oh, well, never mind then.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 AM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Jesus death and resurrection set us free from the fear of death because death has been defeated.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Jesus death and resurrection set us free from the fear of death because death has been defeated.
Thanks ILNC.

What was the power of death that the devil had, and how did he use it on us to keep us in fear ?.
What was is it about death we feared ?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:59 AM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Thanks ILNC.

What was the power of death that the devil had, and how did he use it on us to keep us in fear ?.
What was is it about death we feared ?
Without Jesus there is no hope for anyone who dies and that is pretty fearful. But Jesus sets us free from this fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity