U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,602,606 times

Advertisements

We are told not to neglect fellowship with other believers and it is important. There is nothing in the Bible, however, that suggests the "churchianity" business of today which is, very regretably, mostly about money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 AM

15,320 posts, read 8,304,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
God will sustain those who are his true followers... all other will get their pink slips
Of course.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:25 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,450,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We are told not to neglect fellowship with other believers and it is important. There is nothing in the Bible, however, that suggests the "churchianity" business of today which is, very regretably, mostly about money.
Nevertheless, the church is a place of regard for the finite perspective of payment and exchange of wealth irrespective of how much money someone owns for the day-to-day perspective of needs and wants. It is regarded that we realize that we are often hypocrites not of our own making. We can always think of the lonely and empoverished there for the finite use of resources.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 AM

3,798 posts, read 7,210,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I am noticing more and more folks on this forum who claim to follow Jesus but do not go to church. How do you encourage yourself or find community? Of course, those who do go to church use the "do not forsake the assembling of yourselves" scripture. How do you skirt around this passage?
We have found people through websites. Two of them are house2house.com and ntrf.org.

We don't skirt around that passage, as we do gather together with other believers.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM

241 posts, read 333,314 times
It has become customary to say "go to church". You don't "go to church", you go to assemble, service, or to worship. So, is it wrong to say "go to church"? Absolutely not! It's just something to think about. The church is not a place to go or something to do. It's a thing, a living organism made up of a body of people who follow the doctrine of Christ. How could anyone be a follower of Christ and not assemble with the saints of God? God set aside a special day for members to come together to worship Him in spirit and in truth (Acts 20:7) (Jn. 4:24). This misconception is conceived only by one's own belief and not the bible. So, how do you fellowship with others on this "special day"? How do you get encouragement from others on this "special day"? There is so much that can be said on this matter.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:00 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,591,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher c. sr. View Post
It has become customary to say "go to church". You don't "go to church", you go to assemble, service, or to worship. So, is it wrong to say "go to church"? Absolutely not! It's just something to think about. The church is not a place to go or something to do. It's a thing, a living organism made up of a body of people who follow the doctrine of Christ. How could anyone be a follower of Christ and not assemble with the saints of God? God set aside a special day for members to come together to worship Him in spirit and in truth (Acts 20:7) (Jn. 4:24). This misconception is conceived only by one's own belief and not the bible. So, how do you fellowship with others on this "special day"? How do you get encouragement from others on this "special day"? There is so much that can be said on this matter.
It could accually be dangerous in some cases. If God is separating you from the world and Satan is in the "church" waiting to mislead you into the opposite direction as where God is leading you, then of course don't go. I personally know from experience that what God is showing me is being attacked left and right from the church. I've also experienced the most persecution from Christians. I've seen them come unglued on me for absolutely no reason. I was falsely accused at a Christian company and lost my job because of it. All you "need" is God, when it comes down to absolute necessity.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:19 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,134,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[It] is wonderful to walk in the cool of the day, especially when my daughters join me.
The Spirit of Christ resides within, so you donít have to go very far to meet the qualification of:

"Where two or three are gathered."
AMEN!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2011, 08:22 PM

463 posts, read 383,040 times
If you follow Jesus and the son of man you don't need a church building.He doesn't.He says "You must be made perfect as the Lord in heaven is perfect. "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

The son of man says; "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose."

"The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth".

"Father your word is truth".

There are none here who do what is right and walk in the law of the Lord. Jesus and I are One.You are students who should be taught by the Messiah, the son of man. I am son of man.Follow me.

it is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master..

Scripture says;"The Lord is just and He loves just works"

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me will ever walk in darkness cause he will possess the light of life.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:01 AM

241 posts, read 333,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
It could accually be dangerous in some cases. If God is separating you from the world and Satan is in the "church" waiting to mislead you into the opposite direction as where God is leading you, then of course don't go. I personally know from experience that what God is showing me is being attacked left and right from the church. I've also experienced the most persecution from Christians. I've seen them come unglued on me for absolutely no reason. I was falsely accused at a Christian company and lost my job because of it. All you "need" is God, when it comes down to absolute necessity.
That's why it's good to study God's word in your own time. The bible tells us about people like that. So, when we study, then it's no shock when we see such things. Sure, God is the absolute necessity, but He has put in place commands that we must follow. Now, if you are not comfortable being in an atmosphere like that, then the best thing to do is leave, but find somewhere else to go. God commanded us to come together for reasons. He knows exactly what He's doing, He's God. Matthew 13:47-50 talks about there will be people like that in the church, but God will do the separating. But if the truth is there, then be strong and stay there (1 Cor. 15:58; Acts 2:40), that's exactly what Satan wants you to do. Thx.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:36 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,591,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher c. sr. View Post
That's why it's good to study God's word in your own time. The bible tells us about people like that. So, when we study, then it's no shock when we see such things. Sure, God is the absolute necessity, but He has put in place commands that we must follow. Now, if you are not comfortable being in an atmosphere like that, then the best thing to do is leave, but find somewhere else to go. God commanded us to come together for reasons. He knows exactly what He's doing, He's God. Matthew 13:47-50 talks about there will be people like that in the church, but God will do the separating. But if the truth is there, then be strong and stay there (1 Cor. 15:58; Acts 2:40), that's exactly what Satan wants you to do. Thx.
Thanks for your concern In no way am I recommending leaving the fellowship of believers. Me personally, I follow the Lamb, and right now, in this present time of my life, in this location where I'm at, He's leading me to be alone with Him on the Holy Seventh Day Sabbath and spend the entire day with Him while I reflect, remember, commemorate, be still, listen, pray, read, and worship. He said, "come out of her my people, so that you partake not of her sins, or recieve of her plagues", and I said ok. I'm right behind you, lets go. I am separating myself from all pagan customs and traditions within the church. There's not a demon in hell that can bring me back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or