U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:16 AM

672 posts, read 304,273 times

Advertisements

Faith comes by Hearing and Hearing by the word of God

Rom 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

This verse again teaches that salvation Faith is not of human origin, but by the Word of God..

The word word above is the greek word rhema, which is the living voice of God..

The living voice of God or Christ is creative by nature, we see this evidenced in the very first book and chapter in the bible.. Gen 1:

3And God said,(A) "Let there be light," and there was light. see 2 cor 4:6

So when we read in rom 10 17 Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God, then Faith is no less a product of the creative power of the word of God..

Which is what peter means when he says the elect are kept by the power of God through Faith...1 pet 1:5

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Faith is by means of the creative voice of God, which is creative power..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 01:33 AM

12,911 posts, read 6,982,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Faith comes by Hearing and Hearing by the word of God

Rom 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

This verse again teaches that salvation Faith is not of human origin, but by the Word of God..

The word word above is the greek word rhema, which is the living voice of God..

The living voice of God or Christ is creative by nature, we see this evidenced in the very first book and chapter in the bible.. Gen 1:

3And God said,(A) "Let there be light," and there was light. see 2 cor 4:6

So when we read in rom 10 17 Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God, then Faith is no less a product of the creative power of the word of God..

Which is what peter means when he says the elect are kept by the power of God through Faith...1 pet 1:5

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Faith is by means of the creative voice of God, which is creative power..
This has already been explained earlier in this thread. Faith is a response to the gospel message. Faith comes from you as a result of what you learn about Christ when presented with the gospel. You must do the believing. God doesn't do it for you.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:11 PM

The Imputed Righteousness of Christ effects Faith

Those whom God has Judicially imputed the righteousness of Christ upon, will eventually in virtue of that, believe in Christ. So believing in Christ is an effect of imputed righteousness, and not as the false preachers teach, that it is a condition..The righteousness of Faith is a fruit of Christ imputed righteousness, because He was and is our righteousness if we believe in Him..

Rom 4:24

24But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Old 08-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
The Imputed Righteousness of Christ effects Faith

Those whom God has Judicially imputed the righteousness of Christ upon, will eventually in virtue of that, believe in Christ. So believing in Christ is an effect of imputed righteousness, and not as the false preachers teach, that it is a condition..The righteousness of Faith is a fruit of Christ imputed righteousness, because He was and is our righteousness if we believe in Him..

Rom 4:24

24But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
To the contrary. Faith precedes salvation.

Romans 4:3 'For what does the Scripture say? ''And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to Him as righteousness.

Abraham first believed, and as a result he was imputed with the righteousness of God.

Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved...'

Salvation is the result of having first believed in Christ.

The heresy of Calvinism has God saving people independently of faith in Christ. Calvinism has people believing in Christ somewhere down the road after God first saves them.

Time after time, the Bible makes it clear that in order to be saved, one must first place his faith - believe in Christ.

How is one justified - made righteous? Romans 5:1 'Therefore having been justified by faith, (see Romans 4:3) we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:30 PM

Faith to believe in Christ, is in Him, and is not from within us or those that do believe, for it is communicated by the Spirits work [on Christ behalf] into them that He died for and redeemed.

Acts 13:39 indicates that the elect believe by Him

39And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

That little word in the greek is:

en which means:

in, by, with etc.

So it can read, And in Him all that believe or with Him all that believe..

The word in itself is a primary preposition denoting instrumentality.

A similar prep is used to convey the same truth of instrumentality with Jesus Christ being the means by which we believe in God..

1 Pet 1:20

20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

And of course this would imply Gods Testimony of His Son, for believing on Him is believing Gods Testimony of Him..1 Jn 5:10-11

10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record[testimony] that God gave of his Son.

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

2 Tim 3:15 Paul makes it known that Faith finds it source in Jesus Christ:

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Faith is in the realm of Jesus Christ as well as repentance, and He gives them to all that He died for as their Saviour because He redeemed them from the power of Satan, which is the source of unbelief..

Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Faith to believe in Christ, is in Him, and is not from within us or those that do believe, for it is communicated by the Spirits work [on Christ behalf] into them that He died for and redeemed.

Acts 13:39 indicates that the elect believe by Him

39And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

That little word in the greek is:

en which means:

in, by, with etc.

So it can read, And in Him all that believe or with Him all that believe..

The word in itself is a primary preposition denoting instrumentality.

A similar prep is used to convey the same truth of instrumentality with Jesus Christ being the means by which we believe in God..

1 Pet 1:20

20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

And of course this would imply Gods Testimony of His Son, for believing on Him is believing Gods Testimony of Him..1 Jn 5:10-11

10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record[testimony] that God gave of his Son.

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

2 Tim 3:15 Paul makes it known that Faith finds it source in Jesus Christ:

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Faith is in the realm of Jesus Christ as well as repentance, and He gives them to all that He died for as their Saviour because He redeemed them from the power of Satan, which is the source of unbelief..

Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
No. As has already been explained, only the ability to exercise faith comes from God, just like everything ultimately comes from God. The responsibility to exercise faith is yours. You must do the believing as a result of having heard and understood the gospel message under the common grace ministry of the human spirit. Those who believe in Christ are then eternally saved. Those who don't believe remain under condemnation.

As for Moses, he wasn't justified by the law either. He was justified through faith in what God told him. God justifies those who believe - place their faith in Christ. Again, God does not do the believing for you. That is your responsibility.

Faith is not a force which is transmitted by God to some and not to others. Faith is a response to the gospel.

Furthermore, Jesus Christ died for everyone. Not just for some.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 AM

The New Covenant Promises Faith

The New Covenant or Testament in the Blood of Christ Matt 26:28, promises Faith [ Spiritual Knowledge ] of God to all the many He died for.

We see that here Heb 8:10-11

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

The second know as in " all shall know me", means that God has promised that certain [ the house of Israel Spiritually] will come to Know God, which means an inward, subjective consciousness. This is a result of regeneration, which is being described in vs 10

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

This is describing the creation of the new man, being given in new birth, a new mind and new heart to obey God, which obedience is to believe on His Son and to Love His People per 1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

The New Covenant in Christ blood, causes the saved or redeemed, to walk in those obediences Ezk 36:26-27

26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27And I will put my spirit within you[regeneration or new birth], and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
The New Covenant Promises Faith

The New Covenant or Testament in the Blood of Christ Matt 26:28, promises Faith [ Spiritual Knowledge ] of God to all the many He died for.

We see that here Heb 8:10-11

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

The second know as in " all shall know me", means that God has promised that certain [ the house of Israel Spiritually] will come to Know God, which means an inward, subjective consciousness. This is a result of regeneration, which is being described in vs 10

This is describing the creation of the new man, being given in new birth, a new mind and new heart to obey God, which obedience is to believe on His Son and to Love His People per 1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

The New Covenant in Christ blood, causes the saved or redeemed, to walk in those obediences Ezk 36:26-27

26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27And I will put my spirit within you[regeneration or new birth], and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
The New covenant is to the house of Israel as stated in verse 10 above. It goes into effect for Israel when Jesus Christ returns at the Second Adent. It refers to the Milliennial kingdom.

None of the above has anything to do with the fact that salvation is through faith alone in Christ alone as it has always been, that faithin Christ must precede salvation, and that you are responsible for having faith in Christ. God does not do the believing for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity