Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times

Advertisements

He espoused the word of God, and only made it to 96? My dad, an atheist, died February 2010 @ [almost] 98. My Mother in Law died Feb 2011 @ 96, and was a part-time, matter-of-convenience, and only-when-appropriate Christian (she was, after all, sorely afraid of death...) and only made it to 95. Hmmm....

So.. the good longevity money's on atheism. I'm stickin' with it then.

Bye bye, Jack. I did respect you. Long Live The Juiceman!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Today was the first time I heard of him.
You never heard of Jack LaLanne before???

Old 01-25-2011, 08:36 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You never heard of Jack LaLanne before???
Never. I watch only news, sports and documentaries on TV. Besides, I was not born and raised in US, so maybe he was a big name before I found my way here in the 1990s.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 941 times
I remember him as a little girl my mum , watched him,, i just bought his juicers and i am starting to watch his TV shows, and exercise I am not in the best shape, but God willing, I am 66, hope and pray the Good Lord, lets me live into my 90, If God will's,, but I must do my part as Jack would say,,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Old 11-18-2018, 03:08 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalisa View Post
I remember him as a little girl my mum , watched him,, i just bought his juicers and i am starting to watch his TV shows, and exercise I am not in the best shape, but God willing, I am 66, hope and pray the Good Lord, lets me live into my 90, If God will's,, but I must do my part as Jack would say,,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Hi ggalisa. I used to watch his show myself when I was a boy. I think you'll enjoy following along as he demonstrates the exercises. And you'll get in better shape if you are consistent.

God bless.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:28 AM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalisa View Post

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
We all loved Jack back in the 60's and 70's, he was quite the man putting on shows, he was one of the greatest showmen there ever was, we watched him everyday. One time he pulled a boat with his teeth, he was always doing stunts. We had him, and Mohammed Ali, those crazy tennis players, the best bands there will ever be. Johnny Carson, the Amazing Kreskin, going to the moon, and again, the very best music in all of history that will never be surpassed, we had the time of love, free love where everyone dressed according. If you didn't grow up in the 60's and 70's, sucks to be you, and if you weren't in your teenage years when Disco began, you may as well die now, there is nothing for your future to compare, and nothing in your past to go on. Coffee with Jack, you don't know Jack till you woke up watching Jack, what a man.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:45 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
I just read that fitness guru Jack LaLanne died today at the age of 96 of respiratory failure due to pneumonia. I remember watching his fitness program every day. The Jack LaLanne Show. I think he once said he would live to 150. He was a believer in Jesus Christ so he has now been promoted and is absent from the body and face to face with the Lord. It will be nice to meet him in heaven one day.

Exercise pioneer Jack LaLanne dies at 96 at California home; inspired generations to get fit - Winnipeg Free Press (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...114462654.html - broken link)
Hmmm..pneumonia?

Old 11-19-2018, 07:26 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
Quote:
I just read that fitness guru Jack LaLanne died today at the age of 96 of respiratory failure due to pneumonia. I remember watching his fitness program every day. The Jack LaLanne Show. I think he once said he would live to 150. He was a believer in Jesus Christ so he has now been promoted and is absent from the body and face to face with the Lord. It will be nice to meet him in heaven one day.

Exercise pioneer Jack LaLanne dies at 96 at California home; inspired generations to get fit - Winnipeg Free Press (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...114462654.html - broken link)
yep I worked at his one of his Gyms almost 40 years ago! never met him but so glad to hear he was a Christian. Thanks for tell us about it! He for sure is in a better -place and his dreams will come true because is going to be fit for eternity now for sure ..
I pray we all become Fit for eternity!

Old 11-19-2018, 07:30 AM

88,507 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Hmmm..pneumonia?
The link didn't work for me. Not sure why you are questioning the pneumonia with rolly-eyes.

Anyway, he has been dead for almost 8 years, so he'd be 104 now!

Old 11-19-2018, 07:33 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,252,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Does this mean we are all going to have to do situps and jumping jacks in heaven?

If I'm doing situps and jumping jacks after I die, I'm clearly NOT in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity