U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 06:34 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You're always so disappointing to me.

Oh, I feel the love here, that is for sure. LOL. Some of that left over religious guilt tripping, but you certainaly stand out as being better than someone who believes something else, oh yes.

The point is that your wonderful post contains a lie about who demonstrates love here and who don't.

I've never pretended that I am loving, however that does not keep me from having my eyes on a goal of one day experiencing true love, and it certainly isn't the universalists that are going to be able to show me because I do not see any real difference and I certainly know (you can keep reminding me if you like, you loving devil you) that no one had better look towards me for the answer to that.

The way I see it, if God doesn't give up on anyone, then he certainly will one day allow me to experience what it appears I am missing. Or perhaps, no one actually knows what true love actually is in the first place.

I certainly am not going to pretend or lie about it, I am not going to align myself up with a group and pretend they are more righteous and loving when your post back to me demonstrates the fallacy of it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 AM

58,482 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I certainly am not going to pretend or lie about it, I am not going to align myself up with a group and pretend they are more righteous and loving when your post back to me demonstrates the fallacy of it all.
Good for you. Pretending does not impress God one bit. Back in the day I thought there was something wrong with my because I did not feel inspired to sing in church. Someone even pointed it out to me, but I figured it would not please God one bit if I pretended to like music which was just noise to me.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:13 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Quote:
Oh, I feel the love here, that is for sure. LOL. Some of that left over religious guilt tripping, but you certainaly stand out as being better than someone who believes something else, oh yes.

The point is that your wonderful post contains a lie about who demonstrates love here and who don't.

I've never pretended that I am loving, however that does not keep me from having my eyes on a goal of one day experiencing true love, and it certainly isn't the universalists that are going to be able to show me because I do not see any real difference and I certainly know (you can keep reminding me if you like, you loving devil you) that no one had better look towards me for the answer to that.

The way I see it, if God doesn't give up on anyone, then he certainly will one day allow me to experience what it appears I am missing. Or perhaps, no one actually knows what true love actually is in the first place.

At least you admit you have no love.....I'm sorry about that. I'll pray that you receive the love of God that you're not experiencing right at this moment.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:39 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good for you. Pretending does not impress God one bit. Back in the day I thought there was something wrong with my because I did not feel inspired to sing in church. Someone even pointed it out to me, but I figured it would not please God one bit if I pretended to like music which was just noise to me.
Amen, to both of you !!

Matt. 5:36-37
36. "Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black.
37. "But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes' or 'No, no'; anything beyond these is of evil.

"no one actually knows what true love actually is in the first place."

Amen... we still live in these earthly vessels and selfish love is always calling it God's love.
If everyone would be honest as yourself Phazelwood and recognize probably most or all of our love is for the self.... rather then God's divine love !
Actually Phazewood you have shown His love this morning by the honesty of your heart in your post, speaking truth !!

Blessings to you,

Old 01-26-2011, 08:41 AM

823 posts, read 1,081,202 times
I have been praying to God for his Divine Love for over 30 years and I confirm that I am partaking of the Divine essence of God the Father which is slowly but surely transforming my soul to be at-one with him. I still of course am a sinner and tumble and fall but I do a lot less tumbling than in years past.

Will God really give us the Divine Love? He most certainly will, "For everyone who asketh receiveth," as we can read it Luke 11:10

Can Man then really partake of the Divine Essence of the Father? Yes, and in 2 Peter 1:4 we hear Peter say so quite literally, that "ye might be partakers of the Divine nature."

As it was also written in 1 John 4:13, "This is the proof that we remain in Him, and He in us, that He has given us a share in His Spirit." So beautiful is this. It says so, right there in plain sight, in 1 John 4:13 and 2 Peter 1:4, that we can all partake of His Divine Love; and that we will palpably know it when He has "given us of His Spirit", as an older translation says. It says so, right there in plain sight, in 1 John 4:13 and 2 Peter 1:4, that the Divine Love will make us at-One with God ("we remain in Him, and He in us"). This is also strongly reiterated in Romans 8:16, "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God."

We read so in John 17:26, "And I have declared unto them Thy name, and will declare it: that the Love wherewith Thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." And we hear Paul repeat this in Romans 8:29, "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Will please note, that Paul does not say that Jesus was the "only-born" to be allowed the transformation into the Image of the Father (the New Birth,) but that Jesus was merely meant to be a "firstborn among many brethren".

I give you in closing the word of Paul (Ephesians 3:17-19,) as he was praising God and praying on behalf of the Church in Ephesus, "And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous Love and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high His Love really is; and to experience this Love for yourselves, Though It is so great that you will never see the end of It or fully know or understand It.

And so at last you will be filled up with God Himself."

Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I have been praying to God for his Divine Love for over 30 years and I confirm that I am partaking of the Divine essence of God the Father which is slowly but surely transforming my soul to be at-one with him. I still of course am a sinner and tumble and fall but I do a lot less tumbling than in years past.

Will God really give us the Divine Love? He most certainly will, "For everyone who asketh receiveth," as we can read it Luke 11:10

Can Man then really partake of the Divine Essence of the Father? Yes, and in 2 Peter 1:4 we hear Peter say so quite literally, that "ye might be partakers of the Divine nature."

As it was also written in 1 John 4:13, "This is the proof that we remain in Him, and He in us, that He has given us a share in His Spirit." So beautiful is this. It says so, right there in plain sight, in 1 John 4:13 and 2 Peter 1:4, that we can all partake of His Divine Love; and that we will palpably know it when He has "given us of His Spirit", as an older translation says. It says so, right there in plain sight, in 1 John 4:13 and 2 Peter 1:4, that the Divine Love will make us at-One with God ("we remain in Him, and He in us"). This is also strongly reiterated in Romans 8:16, "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God."

We read so in John 17:26, "And I have declared unto them Thy name, and will declare it: that the Love wherewith Thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." And we hear Paul repeat this in Romans 8:29, "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Will please note, that Paul does not say that Jesus was the "only-born" to be allowed the transformation into the Image of the Father (the New Birth,) but that Jesus was merely meant to be a "firstborn among many brethren".

I give you in closing the word of Paul (Ephesians 3:17-19,) as he was praising God and praying on behalf of the Church in Ephesus, "And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous Love and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high His Love really is; and to experience this Love for yourselves, Though It is so great that you will never see the end of It or fully know or understand It.

And so at last you will be filled up with God Himself."
Yes, excellent post SisterKat!! We most certainly can experience His divine love NOW....it's not out of reach. Maybe we can't understand it fully but that doesn't mean we can't feel it in our being. I don't know why it eludes so many. Sad, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity